LeNormand as Timing Cards - Reading Techniques for Timing Cards?

Misterei

Misterei

Most LN cards have a timing aspect.

Obviously, if my spread is specifically asking for a time frame ... I would go straight to that meaning of the card.

BUT ... what if it's less clear?

Frex in Tarot if I see an Ace I often take it as a timing message even thought the question didn't specifically relate to timing ... but with 45 years experience ... I have a good intuition about when to do this.

How do YOU use LN as timing cards?

This has come up with Fox in a spread which didn't really fit the standard meanings ... the 14 days timing meaning might be more pertinent than any of the other meanings ... but this seems a bit sloppy and "making it fit". Or is it bona fide intuition about how to read the card?

Not sure I understand your question. Did you ask the cards for a time when something would happen? Or did you ask the cards what will happen within the next two weeks?
But I am not using timing yet with LN as I think it is not very accurate. With Lenormand we always use 3 and more cards. So which one is then for the time? All 3? Think it is far too complicated at leas for me. 😅

Misterei
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, joy said:

Not sure I understand your question. ...

Yes, it's not the normal question 😉

I understand that people often give  a time frame into the question: My outlook for the next 3 weeks? or When will X happen? Will my package arrive on time?

BUT I also have some "extra" techniques in Tarot that tell me timing is part of the answer even if it wasn't specific in the question.

In Tarot we often use the Aces as seasonal cards.

Sometimes seeing an Ace "signals" me that season is a factor to the person's question. Even if they weren't asking about time.

It's an intuitive technique ... i.e. I see Ace Cups and intuit it's NOT a new relationship per se ... it's something happening in Fall.

Certain cards "signal" me to look at the timing even if it wasn't in the original topic / question. Especially when clients ask for a "general reading". Aces are one group but I have others, too. These cards are "timing flags". They jump out and say: "Read me as the timing!"

In LN I've seen it given that Spring: Bouquet / Summer: Sun / Autumn: Scythe / Winter: Lilies [also other cards in other books]

So my question is: Do other LN readers have certain cards that are "timing flags" or "signals" that time is a factor even if the question is general / not specifically about timing?

Like Sun jumps out and says: read me as SUMMER, even though that isn't the "usual" way to read it.

Edited by Misterei

Rose Lalonde

Most of the time I use a time frame in combination with how fast or slow the cards are. But what you're talking about is something Andy B taught in a course I took years ago. Not as an absolute, but something he'd found over the years. Specifically the same 4 season cards you mentioned. He also had some 2 card combos (in a GT, if I remember correctly) that could indicate a period outside the usual timeframes, like Bear-Tree as within one or 2 decades. Roads-Mountain as delayed for several weeks. Also Fox-Stars as incorrect timing/timing being off. He didn't present it as a list to memorize, but more encouragement to pay attention to outcomes after readings, insights that develop as we go. So pretty much what you were saying. 

Edited by Rose Lalonde
added more info

Misterei
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Rose Lalonde said:

... what you're talking about is something Andy B taught in a course I took years ago. Not as an absolute, but something he'd found over the years. Specifically the same 4 season cards you mentioned. He also had some 2 card combos ...

Interesting Thanks for sharing. Yes, I observed it in Tarot over many years. Good to know some LN readers also develop that way. LOL Fox + Stars = timing is off almost applies to some readings I've been getting. I think that one is a hit for me.

Edited by Misterei