Skip to content

The Deck Sales and Offers Thread

Featured Replies

I regret not buying it now. Next time I’m in the city is Monday.

It does have the red box with the To All Believers card.

I have some more information now: it’s a licensed reprint by Peter Pauper Press of the red box version of the HR. If it’s still there next time, it’s mine. I have conveniently forgotten the name of the shop.

As long as you know where the shop IS.... lol

Edited by gregory

2 hours ago, gregory said:

As long as you know where the shop IS.... lol

😉🤫

Has anyone checked out or had any experience with vinted.com? There seem to be some very good deals. It may be a case of "you get what you pay for" or caveat emptor...

@fire cat pickles It used to be kleiderkreisel.de - it is a second-hand plattform with an overwhelmingly trustworthy userbase.

Concerning the lookout-position, instead of fraud 'n stuff (exceedingly rare up to date), it'd be a mild chance of language barrier plus settling the cost for sending stuff overseas.

The primary utilised payment function is paypal via friends - if someone offers that, chances are they bear no ill-will but are instead a longtime user - look at their accounts age to verify that detail.

Thank you for the response and information.

From my end it looks like US sellers. The prices are in US dollars. I wonder if there is a separate site that caters for buyers here or there, whichever country the browser is in. Their TV commercials are all over (at least on Hulu.)

Edited by fire cat pickles

  • Author

Vinted started as a second-hand fashion marketplace in Europe. You could sell what you wanted to get rid of from your wardrobe and then other household items were added. It's a rival to eBay. It was very popular but from my friends who use it regular, has become a pain to sell on because people try to get you to change your price constantly and there are loads of scam issues. It became like eBay, when it was originally so much better than other sites.

I don't know for certain about deck buying and selling on it but the same rules as eBay apply here and be careful of fakes / pirated decks. Just keep your senses about you on that site.

This thread was started as a reference thread for deck sales and offers from shops across the world, that some forum members requested. We are moving away from that intention, so let's go back to it's purpose.

20 hours ago, fire cat pickles said:

From my end it looks like US sellers. The prices are in US dollars. I wonder if there is a separate site that caters for buyers here or there, whichever country the browser is in. Their TV commercials are all over (at least on Hulu.).

Oh. Now I feel hickish - from what I saw here, it is very much like the old kleiderkreisel was, with haggling being par of the course while disturbances are few - however, I do not feel as save to give a clear for the place as I did before, now knowing it went way past a regional thing already!

Caveat emptor, as you said.

I can only speak for Vinted, which now operates in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany and Italy (did I miss one?). The expansion (or fusion) happened just two years ago or so. I sell and buy clothes and cards on this platform. As always, you need to look closely at the item being sold. If something doesn't appear like new on the photos it probably isn't even if the seller describes it as such. This discrepancy between description and reality is the most annoying part of the dealings, in my opinion.

7 hours ago, DanielJUK said:

It was very popular but from my friends who use it regular, has become a pain to sell on because people try to get you to change your price constantly and there are loads of scam issues.

The bargaining is an interesting trend. I understand, that it is frustrating for people who want to make money from their second-hand items. But it merely reflects the oversupply of stuff, hence your are usually offered a ”fair value” for your items. I'm not talking about offers that are outrageously below the initial price, of course.

Edited by Ferrea

Also operates in UK.

It is now in the US also and from what I can tell very recent.

Thank you for your inputs.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.