Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 33 : February 24 - March 2

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week.

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

Participants:

1. Vgimlet - ETA Tarot

2. NerdyShelties - Thoth

3. EmpyreanKnight - Thoth Tarot + Modern Spellcaster's Tarot

4. Shivanai - The Way of the Horse

5. GreenFaerie - Victorian Fairy Tarot

6. Bodhiseed - Transformational Tarot &  Celtic Book of the Dead

7. jema - Tarot of Fire

8. Aj-ish - Animals Divine

9. CharlotteK - The Norse Tarot & Thoth

10. Page of Ghosts - Faeries Oracle & Paulina Tarot

11. Flaxen - Faeries Oracle and Thoth

12. nicalo427 - Animal Messages

(342) 

This week I'll be using the ETA (Emerging Toronto Artists) Tarot, which I had, frankly, forgotten about until it arrived in the mail. 

I like to buy decks like these to support the artists,  and they can be fun.  Sometimes they are readable, sometimes not, but that's okay, for this kind of deck it's all about the art anyway.  :P

Vgimlet - ETA Tarot

NerdyShelties

I'm traveling this week, so I think I will bring along my pocket Thoth. It's adorable! I'll miss my TM though, but a good chance to get some Thoth practice in.

NerdyShelties - Thoth

EmpyreanKnight

This week, it's going to be the Thoth and the Modern Spellcaster's for me:

EmpyreanKnight - Thoth Tarot + Modern Spellcaster's Tarot

I'd like to work with an oracle (is that permitted?), if I may, The Way of the Horse.

I've been meaning to ask this question? Where do we post some of our readings? Here, or over in our Daily Draws threads? I find people don't really visit there. I'd love to see people's readings in one place, so would it be this thread for this week?

Thanks for your help.  <3

EmpyreanKnight

There are no hard and fast rules really. People can post here or on their journals. Sometimes a reading can be private so people don't post anywhere at all, or they may be too busy to actually write a post on the readings that they conducted. Or they may not even be able to read with their desired deck since they have had a lot on their hands for a particular week. I did notice that recently the DotW threads have been quiet. But if you want to post your readings here you can definitely do so. I've always liked your reading posts, Shivani. :)

And yup, if you wish to only work with oracles for a particular week you can definitely do so.

There are no hard and fast rules really. People can post here or on their journals. Sometimes a reading can be private so people don't post anywhere at all, or they may be too busy to actually write a post on the readings that they conducted. Or they may not even be able to read with their desired deck since they have had a lot on their hands for a particular week. I did notice that recently the DotW threads have been quiet. But if you want to post your readings here you can definitely do so. I've always liked your reading posts, Shivani. :)

And yup, if you wish to only work with oracles for a particular week you can definitely do so.

Thank you, EK, for clarifying and for your very kind words. I really appreciate the fact that, as you say, there are no hard and fast rules in the Deck of the Week. :)

-25 Celsius here so I need some HEAT

Picking The Tarot of Fire for this week.

Omg, I am in awe of anyone who can survive such cold. Sending warm thoughts to you, Jema.

2ac86864e0be8dc61d0c573447c2a667.jpg

Brrr! jema, that is chill.    Ack!

We are and have always been the "no rules" group, because they were made to be broken (well, maybe just severely bent, LOL).  It's nice to be in a place where we actually aren't bending any rules as far as posting and what kinds of cards we can use.    We slid under and around the rules in our previous forum. 

We have always posted our readings however people want - share them elsewhere or post here.  I don't post here often, because I have a written journal, but sometimes if I run across a particularly interesting reading I will.  I hope everyone has a good weekend, off to work here, and the rain washed away all the nasty snow at my house.  :) 

AJ-ish/Sharyn

Rules?  We ain't got no rules! We don't need no rules! I don't have to show you any stinking rules!

Animals Divine for me, thanks VG

Alfonso_Bedoya_as_Gold_Hat-8x6.jpg.586f9fa4740beef7bbd4b7a5e6f5c1af.jpg

Hi VG, hi all.

Crumbs. I can't even imagine what -25 must be like [emoji50] Zero here and that's bally cold.

I am going to be digging into The Norse Tarot this week. I (inexplicably) bought it so now I ought to use it. I will also be using Thoth as a companion.

CharlotteK - The Norse Tarot & Thoth

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page of Ghosts

-25 Celsius here so I need some HEAT

Picking The Tarot of Fire for this week.

My parents still live up north so they often have temperatures like that at home. Can't believe I survived those temperatures for about 20 years before I moved further south. It's usually around -10 here and that's cold enough for me! I think I must have used to play in the snow and walk home from school when it was as cold as what you have :'( Brr!

Playing around with my Faeries Oracle so should probably be signing up with that, as well as Paulina. I think they could be nice together.

Page of Ghosts - Faeries Oracle & Paulina Tarot

Rules?  We ain't got no rules! We don't need no rules! I don't have to show you any stinking rules!

Animals Divine for me, thanks VG

Mwwwwahahahaha, one of my favorite quotes I use all the time (we wear badges at work). 

I am not a cold=weather person.  I have never been to our snow trials because it's in the mountains and there is snow on the ground.  (In case anyone didn't know, I have St. Bernard dogs, lol).    My DOGS have been, but not me.

I like the ETA tarot so far, it seems readable.

NerdyShelties

Last time I used Thoth it was a complete mystery to me. It still reads obscure but much improved. I am enjoying it and the as always the images are lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be using the Faeries Oracle and Thoth. Reading more about Kabbalah at the moment so it seems a natural fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EmpyreanKnight

I will also be using Thoth as a companion.

CharlotteK - The Norse Tarot & Thoth

Last time I used Thoth it was a complete mystery to me. It still reads obscure but much improved. I am enjoying it and the as always the images are lovely.

I'll be using the Faeries Oracle and Thoth. Reading more about Kabbalah at the moment so it seems a natural fit.

Looks like quite a number of us are using the Thoth this week. I just performed a few excellent readings with it. I hope you guys will have a productive week too. :)

I've probably asked this already, but can we post, here, any reading we do with our deck of the week, or is it better elsewhere? Just find it a little lonely over in the Daily Draws.

Page of Ghosts

I've probably asked this already, but can we post, here, any reading we do with our deck of the week, or is it better elsewhere? Just find it a little lonely over in the Daily Draws.

Can't remember exactly who but there is a person here (Bodhiseed?) who often posts at least one of their readings right here in the DotW-thread  :))

EmpyreanKnight

I know I’m a couple days off but could I still join?  Or should I wait till next week?

You can dive right in now if you want. I'm curious as to what deck you will be using. :)

Tarot of Fire is a dud.

I pick two cards and stare at them and cannot for the life of me find anything even remotly tarotish about them.

I'll throw in an oracle in the mix and see what happens. So adding those rory dices to the mix and hope for something more fun the rest of the week.

and really LoS big bright ORANGE frames around all the cards... You had a few too many buckets of orange?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.