Comparative Tarot Discussion Thread

Rose Lalonde

One we get to the minors, which order of cards would the majority prefer...

1) Study the Aces, followed by the Twos, etc.  --- So Ace of Wands, and then the next week Ace of Cups...

OR

2) Study one suit, followed by another suit, etc. --- So Ace of Wands and then the next week Two of Wands...

(And just a heads up if you're new at TT&M -- you can click the Subject column in the page that lists all the Comparative threads, and threads will then list for you in deck order.)

I think that too many at once could feel overwhelming, but it also depends if people intend to participate for most of the cards or not.

I would personally like to chime in for all cards with at least 1 deck. I've been trying to write something up since yesterday but it's not flowing well! I'm not sure if I should simply try out with another deck for now? I wanted to give it a go with the Manga Tarot, but I think I'll try with the Medieval Cat Tarot and the Marseille Cat Tarot instead!

I agree with Onaorkal.

I will partake as much as possible. Thanks for starting the thread!

All Best,

Sandy

I think that too many at once could feel overwhelming, but it also depends if people intend to participate for most of the cards or not.

I would personally like to chime in for all cards with at least 1 deck. I've been trying to write something up since yesterday but it's not flowing well! I'm not sure if I should simply try out with another deck for now? I wanted to give it a go with the Manga Tarot, but I think I'll try with the Medieval Cat Tarot and the Marseille Cat Tarot instead!

I agree with Onaorkal.

I will partake as much as possible. Thanks for starting the thread!

All Best,

Sandy

Thanks, Sandy! I'm adding cards at about 1 or 2 a week, so like Onaorkal was saying. And of course you can jump in or out any time. :)

(I just edited my previous post about the minors, because I was confusing and sounded like I wanted to post all of a suit at once, but really I just wondered which order we'd prefer to (slowly) post them in.)

1) Study the Aces, followed by the Twos, etc.  --- So Ace of Wands, and then the next week Ace of Cups...

OR

2) Study one suit, followed by another suit, etc. --- So Ace of Wands and then the next week Two of Wands...

(And just a heads up if you're new at TT&M -- you can click the Subject column in the page that lists all the Comparative threads, and threads will then list for you in deck order.)

I would really prefer option Two: Ace of Wands, Two of Wands, etc., so that we are keeping the suits together. But that's just me! I'm happy to go with the majority. :)

OR

I like studying the suits over the numbers, as interesting as the numerology of the cards is, because the suits tend to tell a story or journey. Just my feeling, I wouldn't really mind either way!

Rose Lalonde

Hi all. I haven't had time to participate lately, and new threads didn't get posted for a while. I'm thinking, even though we said we'd have a thread a week, that I might follow what was done in another study group and just post all the threads. That way if/when anyone would like to post something about any card in the deck, they can.

Rose Lalonde

Yes, there's so much I want to read and respond to on the forum, and I have limited time, so I've neglected this, even though I like the idea and like seeing the cards people post.