Skip to content

Dark Woods Spread

Featured Replies

Hi everyone

This is a spread for when you're in a bad place, or going through a "dark night of the soul". I hope you'll find it useful.

 

                                            ---------------10------------------

                                            ----------------6------------------

                                            ------------4-------8--------------

                                            ---1---2-------9-------11---12---

                                            ------------3-------7--------------

                                            ----------------5------------------

 

 

1. The path-what led you toward the darkness.

2. Edge of the woods-what drove you over the edge, into darkness.

3. The weeping willow-the nature of the darkness you're going through.

4. The oak-how you can stay strong as you make your way through the darkness.

5. The pool-your emotional state, and the role it plays in this darkness.

6. The owl-a word of wisdom from the intellect.

7. The brambles-what's trying to hold you captive in the darkness.

8. The fallen tree-a loss or "death" that you must accept in order to move forward.

9. The clearing-an unexpected insight in the midst of the darkness.

10. The moonlight-a source of inspiration that pierces the darkness.

11. Edge of the woods-a breakthrough.

12. Out of the woods-the pathway home.

                                                 

Looks like a powerful one - thank you, even though I hope it won't need to be used very often. I suspect that this is one that would really work with the Wildwood deck; do you mind if I copy it over here?

https://www.thetarotforum.com/wildwood/wildwood-appropriate-spreads/

 

(interesting that you also have brambles as a position, and with the same meaning!)

Looks like a powerful one - thank you, even though I hope it won't need to be used very often. I suspect that this is one that would really work with the Wildwood deck; do you mind if I copy it over here?

https://www.thetarotforum.com/wildwood/wildwood-appropriate-spreads/

 

(interesting that you also have brambles as a position, and with the same meaning!)

 

I don't mind at all, I'm flattered! :) By the way, position 8 was not supposed to be headed by the cool emoji! I've fixed it now.

Lovely spread, will write it down.Thanks for sharing  <3

Lovely spread, will write it down.Thanks for sharing  <3

 

Thank you Raggydoll. I'm glad you like it. :)

[quote author=Wanderer link=topic=3854.msg45959#msg45959 date=153747326

(interesting that you also have brambles as a position, and with the same meaning!)

 

I just looked at your spread, and that is odd!  I swear i didn't copy from you; I created my spread years ago.I guess it's just one of those cool synchronicity things.

 

I just looked at your spread, and that is odd!  I swear i didn't copy from you; I created my spread years ago.I guess it's just one of those cool synchronicity things.

 

;D

It is a pretty logical thing to choose, in a spread of that type... I guess it shouldn't be too surprising. I remember worrying about what to call it, and the name suddenly popped into my head and immediately seemed right.  :)

What a wonderful spread - will bookmark this one! <3

What a wonderful spread - will bookmark this one! <3

 

Thank you, Tanawylfen! :)

I like this spread! Will try it!

 

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

 

 

I like this spread! Will try it!

 

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

 

Thank you, Mabel.  I hope it helps you.

I like this spread! Will try it!

 

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

 

Thank you, Mabel.  I hope it helps you.

I am sure it will, Night Shade. It will be good for me since it is a larger spread than I am used to.

 

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

 

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.