ALICE TAROT 2ND EDITION--PRE-ORDERS NOW OPEN!

MoonGypsy

Saturn Celeste

I want that deck so bad!!  But I will enjoy the photos  you guys share using it as your deck!  <3

sandrang123

I just found a first edition for about 60 more than the 2nd edition. Worth it to splurge? (God, I am going broke over here...)

It's a beautiful deck Raggydoll[/member]

I just found a first edition for about 60 more than the 2nd edition. Worth it to splurge? (God, I am going broke over here...)

$60 is a steal!  Nab that deck before it goes away!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to be a bad influence, but The Alice is my primary reading deck and it is simply fabulous, especially if you can also get the book.

sandrang123

Well, it's 60.00 MORE than the 2nd edition cost, so still pretty costly for me. :)

$60 is a steal!  Nab that deck before it goes away!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to be a bad influence, but The Alice is my primary reading deck and it is simply fabulous, especially if you can also get the book.

Well, it's 60.00 MORE than the 2nd edition cost, so still pretty costly for me. :)

Sorry my bad, I thought it was $60 total, my bad I should have read your post more carefully  :rolleyes:  In that case I would say get the 2nd edition if it is cheaper.  From what Raggydoll said the cards are either the same or differences between editions are so subtle they are not obvious.

I wonder if the first edition won’t go down in prize now. That often happens when there is a new edition. But I get why you’re tempted  <3

I am currently reading the guidebook and the section called Abridged version of both Alice books. That section is brilliant. It tells the story chronologically and illustrates it with each card in its right place. I chose to read that part first as I wanted to get a good feel for the deck in its entirety. I’m fairly well versed in the Alice books but it’s nice to refresh the memory

First reading with this deck: https://www.thetarotforum.com/30-days-working-with-the-moon-spreads/raggydolls-30-days-of-working-with-the-moon/msg85975/#msg85975

I am loving basically everything about this deck and the way it reads. Very on point and fun/sassy attitude. The only thing thing I am a little bit hesitant about is the cardstock. It is not bad quality - not at all. In fact this is (to quote the creators) "high quality 300 gram playing card stock with a carbon inner layer to protect against bending and creasing". So it will be super durable and shuffles really well. My issue is with the fact that it actually feels like high quality playing card stock. I tend to prefer thicker and less bendy cardstock. I am just very tactile like that. But those who riffle shuffle will probably love this deck. And I very much appreciate that the metallic overlay is underneath the top coating so that it will not wear off.

But those who riffle shuffle will probably love this deck. And I very much appreciate that the metallic overlay is underneath the top coating so that it will not wear off.

Yep that is me  :D  I absolutely love the feel of all of my MRP decks.  I love touching them, shuffling them, looking at them, everything about them.  Everything about their decks just oozes quality.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, I am a Baba Studios/MRP fan girl  ;)

I am off to go see your reading with this deck.

But those who riffle shuffle will probably love this deck. And I very much appreciate that the metallic overlay is underneath the top coating so that it will not wear off.

Yep that is me  :D  I absolutely love the feel of all of my MRP decks.  I love touching them, shuffling them, looking at them, everything about them.  Everything about their decks just oozes quality.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, I am a Baba Studios/MRP fan girl  ;)

I am off to go see your reading with this deck.

I have the bohemian gothic third edition and I love the cardstock on that one, it’s just perfect. The Alice tarot (at least my edition) has another feel to it. Much more flexible and bendy.

I’ve got my shipping notification! Can’t wait to see it in person. :)

Yay! I heard that they were trying to ship in the order that people bought their decks. Guess I was a wee bit quicker than you  :heartz: They sent mine on Friday evening and I got it on Wednesday - that’s really fast considering where I live!