Christian Themed Oracles?

chongjasmine

I am not sure myself but The Sacred Traveller (I have it) is said to a bit Christian. Though this might be something I read about it a review or so, can't remember the source exactly.

Katie

20 minutes ago, devin said:

Not an oracle as such, but what about the Tarot de Marseille?

I wouldn't consider the TdM to be Christian. In spite of some of the symbology. It's one of the most universal types of Tarot that I know of. 

21 minutes ago, Raggydoll said:

Isn’t Doreen Virtue producing Christian oracle decks nowadays? 

Unlikely. I reckon she now thinks that any form of divination is evil and from the devil or whatever she thinks evil comes from. 

6 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Unlikely. I reckon she now thinks that any form of divination is evil and from the devil or whatever she thinks evil comes from. 

😁 I just thought I saw a deck with her name on it that had a picture of Jesus on the cover. Wait, gotta google. Be right back! 

Edit: this is the one I was thinking of. She doesn’t call it an oracle but I am pretty sure people use it as such 

CC2440B0-C6E5-4864-85B0-0569555B4348.thumb.jpeg.5d8185732b1a7600f8c1c26802764557.jpeg

chongjasmine

Thanks for introducing doreen virtue, I see she has a few christian themed decks for purchase at bookdepository.com.

2 minutes ago, chongjasmine said:

Thanks for introducing doreen virtue, I see she has a few christian themed decks for purchase at bookdepository.com.

It’s only the latest one with bible quotes that she is endorsing. She has renounced all the other ones as she feel they were influenced by the devil. (She thinks all divination is of the devil). Just so you are aware. A lot of non-Christians still use her old decks because they don’t agree with her ideas, but since you’re a Christian I thought I should mention it. 

2 hours ago, Marigold said:

I wouldn't consider the TdM to be Christian. In spite of some of the symbology. It's one of the most universal types of Tarot that I know of. 

It's not exclusively Christian, but there's no reason it couldn't be used that way. (It is, as you say, universal.) The same would go for most Tarots, on the condition that the theme (if there is one) doesn't go against Christian mores.

The Connolly is pretty Christian-friendly: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/connolly/

As for angel decks, I don't know of any that work for prediction. Generally they're just affirmations and reassurance. But if you're looking for one, this deck and book are the best of the lot, IMHO. The images are taken from old paintings: http://kimberlymarooney.com/angel-blessings

It's kind of difficult to answer, since there are so many sects of Christianity. A lot of them forbid doing readings, period. But card reading developed in Christian countries. Really, you could use anything that it isn't pagan, erotic, etc.

3 hours ago, Raggydoll said:

😁 I just thought I saw a deck with her name on it that had a picture of Jesus on the cover. Wait, gotta google. Be right back! 

Edit: this is the one I was thinking of. She doesn’t call it an oracle but I am pretty sure people use it as such 

You're kidding us !! No, you can't... you googled it. Google knows things we don't.

She's raking in the money through Jesus now !! Well, I suppose leopards don't change their spots. 

12 hours ago, katrinka said:

But if you're looking for one, this deck and book are the best of the lot, IMHO. The images are taken from old paintings: http://kimberlymarooney.com/angel-blessings

Oh, that's lovely. I want one.

15 hours ago, Marigold said:

I'll DM you.