Skip to content

Reproducing Card Images - Tech Question

Featured Replies

I no longer have a scanner and have been hand photographing cards with my smart phone for professional readings and social media.  Can anyone recommend a good method to get a great result?  Tripod maybe?  Scanner app?  What do other people do?  Much Thanks.

I use a scanner app (Photoscan on Android) & Indesign to do my readings.  For social media, I just use my phones camera and make sure I've got a lot of natural light lol. 

3f72b103-6bb1-4e26-82e8-1fb9832c0628.jpg

  • Author

Wow!  Thanks for the advice.  I have now downloaded Photoscan for iPhone.  It seems easy to use and will give me a good quality image.  The above sample of your reading is super nice.  Was it hard to learn how to use Indesign?  I would love to be able to do something this high quality.  Thanks so much for the inspiration.

7 hours ago, Natural Mystic Guide said:

Wow!  Thanks for the advice.  I have now downloaded Photoscan for iPhone.  It seems easy to use and will give me a good quality image.  The above sample of your reading is super nice.  Was it hard to learn how to use Indesign?  I would love to be able to do something this high quality.  Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Yeah, getting good quality images was really important to me! I'm in the PNW, so natural light is at a premium a lot of the year. I can't count on there being enough light to get a clear photo of a spread for clients, but as an intuitive reader, it's important to be able to share the details of each card. 

 

I started using Indesign in college so it's easy enough for me. I tried making things like Word do it, but like... No dice. I don't have any formal training with Indesign, just self taught. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.