Vice Versa Tarot

Twilightlo

Saturn Celeste
15 hours ago, Twilightlo said:

Hello, has anyone worked with vice versa tarot? I'm having trouble understanding the concept although I love the images.

I have a certain way I shuffle the deck.  If you don't use reversals, you can use the back side as a reversal but I use the backside as the subconscious and the front side as the conscious.  I shuffle the flipped cards into the deck as I would shuffle reversals.  You'll see the versa side as you deal but it does not matter because that can't be helped.

12 hours ago, Saturn Celeste said:

I have a certain way I shuffle the deck.  If you don't use reversals, you can use the back side as a reversal but I use the backside as the subconscious and the front side as the conscious.  I shuffle the flipped cards into the deck as I would shuffle reversals.  You'll see the versa side as you deal but it does not matter because that can't be helped.

I like your method for this deck!!

On 10/19/2019 at 6:01 AM, PathWalker said:

I've asked for this topic to be moved - the deck in question isn't a TdM type and so should get more attention in the right spot :classic_smile:

Oops sorry! Thank you!

Saturn Celeste
7 hours ago, Quester said:

I like your method for this deck!!

Thank you!  It is a fun deck, I treat The Hidden Forest the same way also.

I bought two copies of the deck. I have one with the front side images and the other with the backside images. I shuffled them both together into a double deck. That way both versions of the same card can come up in a spread.

Word of warning to anyone else who wants to try this. The deck in the kit is slightly bigger in both length and width than the deck-only deck as they were printed by different printers. So you would need two of the same type of deck.

Ah ok interesting...all the different approaches. I realized that they actually sell a book about this deck, when I bought it it was not with the kit so I only had the pamphlet which isn't helpful. Intutively looking the images evoke feelings but i like to work with both intuition and how the author intended. I also haven't yet felt ready to do reversals with this deck, it's overwhelming right now with the back image plus a reversal would be too much. I do like the images though. Some of the ways they depict the cards I've never thought of before.