Marigold

Button Soup Tarot Deck - Kickstarter

Marigold

Hi everyone. I wanted to tell you about an ongoing Kickstarter for the BUTTON SOUP tarot deck !

It’s a multi-artist deck and has attracted the attention of some incredibly talented artists, some of whom you know as they are also members of this forum. Even the lovely Benebell Wen contributed a card. And M.M. Meleen designed the stunning card back.

The link to the Kickstarter is here :

Hmm. The link is a bid odd - only half the images appear : here is the url where you can see it in full: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cultoftarot/button-soup-tarot

(P.S. I designed two of the cards for the Button Soup!! One of which is on the image you see above . 😊)

Edited by Marigold
to add the link !

Grandma

Ooh, beautiful - thanks for posting.  But I'm confused (my semi-natural state lately) - which card is yours - the Hierophant?  And which other card is yours?  And I had no idea you were an artist as well as a writer!  I just looked at the Kickstarter page and although I'm sure each artist must be identified somewhere in the finished product, I don't know where.  Benebell is mentioned in one of the two guidebook examples, but no one's name is in the second.  I guess there will be a list with the deck?  

Anyway, I will most likely back this project!

Marigold

Ah, my card I'm not telling which one it is !! It's a secret (well, not really, a million people know). But I don't want to put any accent on any card in particular here, and especially not my own. It's a community thing - and the community spirit in making it was just fantastic and I want to live this moment a bit longer !! 

But one day all will be revealed. 😁 The booklet is in preparation. And final details to be settled. But there will be no secrets in the end (unless I suppose an artist wishes to remain anonymous). We have a great administrator organising all this. 

(No I'm not an artist. I cheat !!!) 

Am so glad you like the deck !!! 

Edited by Marigold

Grandma

Well then I will have to get the deck to find out!  I value the community spirit too but I look forward to learning which members of the community did what!  I'm off to Kickstarter now!

Saturn Celeste

The Kickstarter is linked to the right hand panel now!  Good luck to all the developers! 😊

Marigold

When I said there'll be no secret in the end, that was NOT what I meant to say. What a strange thing to say Diana. 🤨 I meant that I didn't feel it's the place to do it here by me. It's not my deck, so I cannot speak for it really. But everyone who has followed the story of this deck (and it's public knowledge) knows who designed what. So it's not a secret. It's just not a secret for ME to tell.

See what I mean ?

Edited by Marigold

Annabelle

How marvelous! I just backed it on Kickstarter :).

Marigold

Well, my arm has been twisted. Both in fact. Three people have written to me to insist I say which cards I designed for the Button Soup. So I will acquiesce to satisfy their curiosity. It's the High Priestess and the King of Swords. As I don't know how to draw or paint, and my collages are awful, I chose two different mediums : a photo and a postage stamp.

There. I hope now those people will stop badgering me !!!! 😁

Joan Marie

Just hours left on this Kickstarter and we are soooo close.

I'd like to share a card that just came in today, one of the very last, the 8 of Pentacles.

Another card full of meaning and beauty.

This deck is full of treasures. 

Here is the link to join in: 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cultoftarot/button-soup-tarot

08 of Pentacles.png

Marigold

So the Button Soup Tarot reached its goal on Kickstarter. The printing process will begin soon. It's not my deck, it's a community thing, but as I have two cards of my own in it, and it's a first for me, I was thrilled to see that people believed in it and helped fund it. I'll be looking at it in wonder when it's finally printed and shipped. 

It's available for pre-order if anyone is interested in purchasing one. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.