Symph

Beam of Light (Song)

Symph

I've talked about my music, but I haven't wanted to share it cause I just... didn't feel like it was ready, I'm starting to get over that, the mix is waaaay off, the sound is not right, but I mean... it's vibey, and I'd like for you guys to know what it's like.  There's old stuff on that soundcloud too, you might like it who knows...  I've always done really... out there rock, I love it, I just need to get better at mixing it and believing in it.  Oh!  And I didn't edit out the sounds at the beginning cause that's merlin getting in my way and stuff lol i consider this a demo, nothing more.  

Edited by Symph

Symph

Oh Oh and @xTheHermitx if there's anybody I'd like to hear this, it's you 🤘 oh and @peacefulocean!!

Edited by Symph

Saturn Celeste

@Symph Amazing!!  You sound great.  My first thought listening to you was NIN!  What a talented guy you are! :love:

Marigold

Hey that is SOOOOOO cool Symph! Really so cool. I really enjoyed that - volume in headphones were WAAAY too loud!!!! but it has to be listened to loudly. It kind of recharged my batteries which were really low today and for me that's a sign of good music. 

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Marigold

peacefulocean

OMG- that is one awesome song- I love your sound, man, definitely a little NIN with a little new wave mixed in. "My strength is my silence.... I redefined the fall" I'm definitely going to checking out more on soundcloud, @Symph!!!!

Symph
7 hours ago, Saturn Celeste said:

@Symph Amazing!!  You sound great.  My first thought listening to you was NIN!  What a talented guy you are! :love:

That's awesome!  Trent Reznor used to scare me hahaha I found his music dark and intimidating.  But now that I've been freed from the shackles of my old worldview I've been pulling out more grit from myself so to be told I sound like the guy that used to scare me makes me feel badass and rad haha thanks SC!

3 hours ago, Marigold said:

Hey that is SOOOOOO cool Symph! Really so cool. I really enjoyed that - volume in headphones were WAAAY too loud!!!! but it has to be listened to loudly. It kind of recharged my batteries which were really low today and for me that's a sign of good music. 

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then that was my purpose today, to recharge your batteries.  I feel I have done my good deed, time to go back to bed.  😴  LOL j\k Thanks so much Marigold 🙂

56 minutes ago, peacefulocean said:

OMG- that is one awesome song- I love your sound, man, definitely a little NIN with a little new wave mixed in. "My strength is my silence.... I redefined the fall" I'm definitely going to checking out more on soundcloud, @Symph!!!!

Oooo you caught some of the lyrics!  Yeah it's been freaking me out how much my lyrics have started reflecting my new beliefs (Mostly cause my family will be like "What are these lyrics chris you're making the devil's music!!"  But whatever man, I'm really getting over all that shiz, it's my life to live, I've found my truth.  In case anyone's curious, here's the lyrics:

Here's my emancipation, from the low vibration,

Make it a declaration, I'm gonna free the nation!

Cause I'm a beam of light, blazing through the night,

Ain't got no reason for violence, my strength is in my silence,

So don't you tell me lies, about the evil eyes,

Said they was out to get me, but they was always in me,

Ain't got no need to fight, I'm just out of sight,

Here I go!

They say he didn't save me, because they couldn't enslave me,

They say I'm living in sin, cause I don't think like them,

But when I heard the call, and redefined the fall,

I felt those crumbling walls and I was all in all,

Ain't got no reason for violence, my answer's in the SHHHHHHHHH..........

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man I'm proud of that lyric.  I'm starting to get my musical confidence back and that excites me, thanks for listening everyone, I hope to be releasing some sort of album this year 🙂

Edited by Symph

Marigold

Thanks for writing the lyrics for us Symph. Wow. I had caught the same thing as peacefulocean. Those are powerful words - "redefined the fall". So you are also a poet. What else can you do Symph ? Are you also a clown ? Or a graffiti artist ? Or whatever? 

Edited by Marigold

Symph
15 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Thanks for writing the lyrics for us Symph. Wow. I had caught the same thing as peacefulocean. Those are powerful words - "redefined the fall". So you are also a poet. What else can you do Symph ? Are you also a clown ? Or a graffiti artist ? Or whatever? 

You just made me cackle so loudly I think the neighbors heard me BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!  Made my day Marigold!!

xTheHermitx
On 11/29/2019 at 6:05 AM, Symph said:

I've talked about my music, but I haven't wanted to share it cause I just... didn't feel like it was ready, I'm starting to get over that, the mix is waaaay off, the sound is not right, but I mean... it's vibey, and I'd like for you guys to know what it's like.  There's old stuff on that soundcloud too, you might like it who knows...  I've always done really... out there rock, I love it, I just need to get better at mixing it and believing in it.  Oh!  And I didn't edit out the sounds at the beginning cause that's merlin getting in my way and stuff lol i consider this a demo, nothing more.  

dude!!! That stuff sounds great!!! Reminds me of the Dischord Records post-punk stuff like The Evens, Fugazi, Superchunk...

Honestly, it also reminds me of many of the bands that my one band plays with...you should check out Go Robot, Go :

this is our latest album on Spotify. I play drums and sing backrounds...

Symph

You know, usually when people say "your music reminds me of this" I never agree, I always feel like they're over generalizing my stuff.  But in this instance, I see it.  It's not a perfect match, but you guys are legitimately innovating on the retro sound, and that's what I'm doing, I innovate the retro.  I don't rehash it, and neither do you, you are your own retro sound, as am I....   These feels, these vibes, they haven't been the big thing for a while, I wanna see it come back.  To me?  It's what's truly  cool, I'm really digging ya'lls changes and melodies and harmonies etc.  Really cool man!!!  I respect what you do!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.