So, it's still pretty new, and it's also more geared to beginners, but I have started a tarot blog. I am doing some "basics" posts, but I'm also doing deck reviews. So, hopefully there is something you all will be interested in anyway. 

If nothing else, please let me know if you have any comments or constructive criticism. Anything is helpful (and excuse my typos as I am going back through and editing). Right now, I have a few more posts scheduled and am working on a page of resources (and will include this forum). So, let me know if you own a site you'd like me to link. 

Tarot on Tuesday

Edited by Czenzi
Czenzi

I'm just responding my old post to say I've passed the 25 post mark! I know my blog is still a baby, especially since some of you have 1000s of posts, but this is a little landmark for me. This has been a fun ride so far, and I'm looking forward to the next 25. 🙂  

FindYourSovereignty

Congratulations! That is exciting and worthy of celebration!

!

Happy Birthday Reaction GIF

Consistent journaling is a joy for a wordsmith, but still hard work. My favorite quote is "All you do is stare at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead." Gene Fowler

enjoy your journey. 

Czenzi

Thank you both. I don't know that I'm a "wordsmith" but I do like that quote and that meme. 🙂 

katrinka
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, joy said:

Well done @Czenzi like the 'clean' layout, keep going! If you intend to keep it going for years then I would change this:

fairly seriously for about five years

and give a year eg 2015 otherwise you will have to keep adjusting it every year 😉

That's odd. The entries are timestamped on the home page. I don't see a year, though, just month and day. And then, if I click over to the actual post, there's no timestamp at all.
When there's a timestamp and you mention that something happened X number of years ago, people can see that the post was written in 2009 (or whatever) and do the math, if they like. You never have to edit.
Maybe there's something that can be changed in the settings?
You really do need that feature. I can't begin to imagine having to find all my blog posts that mention how long something has been going on and editing them every year!

Edited by katrinka
21 minutes ago, katrinka said:

That's odd. The entries are timestamped on the home page. I don't see a year, though, just month and day. And then, if I click over to the actual post, there's no timestamp at all.
When there's a timestamp and you mention that something happened X number of years ago, people can see that the post was written in 2009 (or whatever) and do the math, if they like. You never have to edit.
Maybe there's something that can be changed in the settings?
You really do need that feature. I can't begin to imagine having to find all my blog posts that mention how long something has been going on and editing them every year!

We are not talking of the same thing, I should have mentioned the page this is on, it is the About Me page:

https://www.tarotontuesday.com/about-me/

Where Czenzi says 'I’ve been reading tarot, oracle cards and lenormand (and dabbling in other systems) fairly seriously for about five years.'

So I would change this to ready:

I’ve been reading tarot, oracle cards and lenormand (and dabbling in other systems) fairly seriously  since 2015.

katrinka
3 hours ago, joy said:

We are not talking of the same thing, I should have mentioned the page this is on, it is the About Me page:

https://www.tarotontuesday.com/about-me/

Where Czenzi says 'I’ve been reading tarot, oracle cards and lenormand (and dabbling in other systems) fairly seriously for about five years.'

So I would change this to ready:

I’ve been reading tarot, oracle cards and lenormand (and dabbling in other systems) fairly seriously  since 2015.

My bad!
"Since 2015" works well for the About Me page. But there should still be timestamps on the posts. Similar issues can come up. And what's true this year might not be true a few years down the road.

Czenzi
5 hours ago, katrinka said:

My bad!
"Since 2015" works well for the About Me page. But there should still be timestamps on the posts. Similar issues can come up. And what's true this year might not be true a few years down the road.

9 hours ago, joy said:

Well done @Czenzi like the 'clean' layout, keep going! If you intend to keep it going for years then I would change this:

fairly seriously for about five years

and give a year eg 2015 otherwise you will have to keep adjusting it every year 😉

Thank you both for the input. I agree about the time stamps. That's one of the trade offs of using this "theme." I can look for a plugin to add them or, failing that, code them in with css. I'll work on that as soon as I get a chance.

Changing the "for the past X years" is easy and a good thing to remember to avoid.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.