Sign in to follow this  
KadenLena

Spirit guides

KadenLena

Hello! I would like you to share your experiences with spirit guides. How do you connect? Do you use tarot? Do you know their names?

I use tarot to help connect with mine since I have complications in contacting them any other way. I’ve been much closer with them as of late. They have their own significator cards, the Queen of Swords and the Queen of Cups. 

Merrick

What process do you use? Just ask a question and pull a card? Do you meditate beforehand, do a ritual, or just grab your deck?

katrinka
Posted (edited)

A lot of this will depend on your beliefs. For myself, I just grab the cards and go for it. Sometimes it does seem like I have help, but I couldn't tell you if it's ancestors, spirits, or something else. I'm always grateful when it happens, though. I do know people who practice Quimbanda, Santeria, etc. If you follow something like that, it's very important to maintain a good relationship with your spirits in the form of regular offerings and devotions. One of my friends has a Pomba Gira, and she's an amazing reader. I admire the Pomba Giras, but I wouldn't presume to just start calling on one. You can't just find a spirit you like and start "working with it" in these traditions. The identity of your spirit has to be confirmed by your Tata, or priest.

I think the regular devotions and offerings would be key in any religious context though, rather than just hitting them up when you're about to do a reading. Readings have a way of being needed at unexpected times and places. It doesn't do to tell an emergency client "Give me a few hours, I have to meditate, shop for offerings and do a ritual." You might even need to read for yourself on the fly if trouble rears its ugly head. If spirits and guides are your thing, you should have been doing cultivating a relationship with them on a regular basis anyway.

Hope this helps.

Edited by katrinka

Decan

I think as well that this matter depends on the religion or spirituality that you are following.
I read somewhere that it is very important to examine closely the sort of spirit you want to contact, because all are not really helping, and some could be dangerous.

On my side I just consider my cards and the system to use them, in some way maybe I see my cards as my spirit guides in a concrete form 🙂

KadenLena
14 hours ago, Merrick said:

What process do you use? Just ask a question and pull a card? Do you meditate beforehand, do a ritual, or just grab your deck?

I have a set deck for contacting my spirit guides. I mostly  ask a question, shuffle and there is usually a jumper card or three that carries the message. The queen of swords is a sort of stalker card with these messages. Or if I receive a message with the queen of cups I know who it’s from or rather which guide I am talking with. There are times where I will get these court cards and they are not specifically from a guide though. I get a sense of knowing whether or not it is from a guide or carries another meaning meant for me. I do spend time sitting with my cards in my hands. It helps me connect on a deeper level.