spicysmile

Any suggestion for my next purchase ?

spicysmile

I currently have the Golden Universal Tarot deck and I love the symbolism. I have a hard time with the Marseille Tarot deck (it's too abstract for me and I heavily rely on symbolism). Any suggestion?

TheFeeLion

Are there any art styles in particular that you like? That would help us narrow down the options! 😊

katrinka

You can't go wrong with a Thoth.

Capture.thumb.JPG.76613ff8979f90ebcae34525ab2ea7ed.JPG

Beyond that, it's just a matter of finding a good deck that works with your personal taste and your budget. If a theme or an art style exists, there's a corresponding Tarot out there. Are you looking for anything in particular?

Rupicapra

It's a kinda "how long is a piece of string" question 🙂 

A lot of people here have contributed to the amazing TT&Me Deck Library, have a look, you can browse alphabetically or by category. 

Kath

Are you looking for a RWS based deck?  Or are you happy to explore decks with differing symbolism?  Do you like the look of 'serious' cards (such as Thoth) or are you looking for something light and fun (like the Halloween tarot)?

As Rupicapra suggested, a brows through the Deck Library could be helpful to narrow down your search. 

Personally I like the Universal Waite, as the pictures are same as the RWS, but they are 'softer' due to being pencil colour.  I also love the Golden Tarot - based on the RWS, it's rich and elegant, and has a lot of symbolism in the cards.