Deck of The Week: Sign-up Thread: Week 195 : April 3 - April 9

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks.  Each week we will be picking a deck (or decks) to work with for the week.

All are welcome. Please join us!      The only rules we have are the Tarot Tea & Me rules; be respectful to each other.    

You can drop in and out anytime,   time and real life permitting.   New to tarot?  Long time reader?   Come on in.  

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week. 

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc., or NOT - it's all up to you.  

Participants:

1. VGimlet - Animalis Os Fortuna

2. AJ-ish/Sharyn - Animals Divine

3. Page of Ghosts - Shadowscapes

4. Bodhiseed - Prairie Tarot paired with the Medicine Cards

5. vulprix - Otherkin Tarot

6. Madame Squee - Forest Folklore Tarot

7. Amberjune -Antique Anatomy Tarot and the Ancient Feminine Wisdom Cards

8.  Mi-Shell - Ironwing

(505)

Edited by VGimlet

Page of Ghosts

After using the Shadowscapes Tarot for the last week I find it growing on me so I'll stick with it for this week and see if maybe we can hit a breakthrough.

Madame Squee

Thank you for the thread, VG. 🐣

I'm in with Forest Folklore Tarot. 

Happy weekend @vulprix and everyone! 

Edited by Madame Squee

I'm in with the Antique Anatomy Tarot and the Ancient Feminine Wisdom Cards.

Wishing everybody a great week! Spring is arriving where I live, Hazel and Cherry in bloom, and Elder is bringing forth her leaves 🙂

This week I'll be using the Prairie Tarot, created and self-published by Robin Ator. Paired with it will be the Medicine Cards, a deck and book set published by St. Martin's Press and created by David Carson and Jamie Sams. Today's cards are Judgment and Opossum:

judgment.jpgpossum_0002.jpg
...most people do not want to change. They hold fast to their ideas of themselves, to their interpretations of how things are, to their grievances, their anxieties, their identities, and their pain. ~Mark Epstein

In a weedy, overgrown cemetery, an angel waits to see who has heard the call to rise and live their life differently. All is still and quiet. These people do not want to shed their their pain or opinions because they fear being an empty shell with no identity. And so they 'play possum,' pretending not to hear or see the evidence around them as they trudge through life. Yet ignorance (or delusion) is not bliss. As Pema Chodron explains, "When we resist change, it’s called suffering." Come on, angel, play that trumpet just one more time.

To become a different kind of person is to experience the world in a different way. When your mind changes, the world changes. And when we respond differently to the world, the world responds differently to us. —David Loy

Madame Squee
2 hours ago, Bodhiseed said:

This week I'll be using the Prairie Tarot, created and self-published by Robin Ator. Paired with it will be the Medicine Cards, a deck and book set published by St. Martin's Press and created by David Carson and Jamie Sams. Today's cards are Judgment and Opossum:

judgment.jpgpossum_0002.jpg
...most people do not want to change. They hold fast to their ideas of themselves, to their interpretations of how things are, to their grievances, their anxieties, their identities, and their pain. ~Mark Epstein

In a weedy, overgrown cemetery, an angel waits to see who has heard the call to rise and live their life differently. All is still and quiet. These people do not want to shed their their pain or opinions because they fear being an empty shell with no identity. And so they 'play possum,' pretending not to hear or see the evidence around them as they trudge through life. Yet ignorance (or delusion) is not bliss. As Pema Chodron explains, "When we resist change, it’s called suffering." Come on, angel, play that trumpet just one more time.

To become a different kind of person is to experience the world in a different way. When your mind changes, the world changes. And when we respond differently to the world, the world responds differently to us. —David Loy

@Bodhiseed I always learn so much from your readings. Today, your observations on the Judgement card, especially in conjunction with the opossum Medicine Card, really grabbed me. The Prairie Tarot is on of my favorites, and I've looked at that Judgement card many times but never saw that the absence of rising souls could indicate resistance to change. Your message today struck a chord, for sure. Thank you. 🎺🐣

@Madame Squee thank you for your kind words! ❤️ These cards definitely made me pause and consider where I might be refusing to put my opinions aside and see reality for what it is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.