Skip to content

Tips for future spreads

Featured Replies

I've been asked to do a tarot reading for future and I don't know which spread to use. The past present and future 3 card seems too small.   I find it easier if I have a specific question, but general future is harder. So which spread is best? 

I think you are asking about spreads rather than anything about the actual tarot reading @Kate22 and so I have moved this thread over to the Spreads section 😀

Thanks.  It's not easy navigating this site on a phone. 

Thanks Gregory.   I was asked a general question about the future for 12 months, so hopefully there is a spread which covers that. 

Sure to be !!!!!

This is an old post of mine with some spreads for a new year, I think you can take them and make them about reading for the future....

 

 

Copying it to here, I like this clock spread, which is a card per month.....


 

Quote

 

Finally this is my fave to use normally, the clock spread....

 

There is an old traditional tarot spread with the calendar wheel. It's based on astrology chart wheels (it has a sister spread that uses houses in each positions). There are multiple ways of doing it, the traditional method I have in a book starts at card 1 (January or whatever month you want to start with) it at 9 o'clock and then it goes clockwise. In an astrology chart, real time goes clockwise and the houses and movement of the planets are counter clockwise. Other people have first month January and go Counter Clockwise. I notice a lot of people now start at 12 as the first month these days and go clockwise.

 

However you want to lay it out, deal 12 tarot cards for each month ahead and put a 13th in the middle as the overall theme. So it's predicting month by month ahead.

 

 

It's quite an old spread that is in many books in the past. There is a different version of the clock of 12 cards, where you use astrological houses (different areas of life). You don't really need to have a lot of astrology knowledge to do it. We were discussing that just this week here....

https://www.thetarotforum.com/forums/topic/13288-astrology-spread/

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.