Skip to content

Favorite Rider Waite Decks?

Featured Replies

On 3/9/2023 at 11:18 PM, aceofcups said:

What’s everyone favorite RW deck? Mine is probably the standard one.

The standard, Whimsical Tarot and Vanessa Tarot. 

These three is really all I need for my tarot adventures

I like the Centennial PCS, the deck looks vintage and the colours are just right, and it comes in different sizes. I never liked the standard, too much yellow and the so called Original with its limited colours, green water, heavy black outlines - it took me a few years to appreciate that one.

One of my other favourites is the Radiant Wise Spirit Tarot, i only have this deck in the mini version in the sturdy box, I love the colours of this one and also the size.

When the RWS went into the public domain in 2022(?), for the first couple of years everything was quiet but then different versions of the RWS began appearing, all different colourings, different backs and also very cheap. I caved and bought a few just to see what they were like. I was pleasantly surprised, I now own a vintage looking one, a purple backed one and a black backed one. The colours are good and the card stock handles nicely - they don't feel or look like cheap decks and they also come with mini companion books, not LWB's . Unfortunately, I can't get my hands on the majority of my decks because they are in storage.

Edited by Emily

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.