Favorite Rider Waite Decks?

aceofcups

I like Lo Scarabeo's radiant wise spirit ... borderless with vibrant colors. But a couple of the cards are kinda messed up. I wish they had neated up the line work on Chariot and King of Cups for example. I also like US Games centennial edition in a tin (with borders)

I don't like Centennial borderless. Priestess' pillars look wonky.

Edited by Misterei

Among the RWS clones, my favorites are the Centennial/Borderless and the LoS Vintage.

Among RWS-derived decks, the Heaven and Earth, the Sol Invictus, and the Klimt top my list. 

On 3/10/2023 at 1:42 AM, Misterei said:

I like Lo Scarabeo's radiant wise spirit ... borderless with vibrant colors. But a couple of the cards are kinda messed up. I wish they had neated up the line work on Chariot and King of Cups for example. I also like US Games centennial edition in a tin (with borders)

I don't like Centennial borderless. Priestess' pillars look wonky.

Radiant Wise Spirit is my go to deck now as well. I don't like the ordinary Rider Waite at all, aesthetically. Radiant Wise Spirit though is awesome. It's amazing how much colorwork can change things.

You're right that line work is sometimes kinda rough. But I got used to that I guess... 

On 4/8/2023 at 8:43 AM, MustaKissa said:

Radiant Wise Spirit is my go to deck now as well. I don't like the ordinary Rider Waite at all, aesthetically. Radiant Wise Spirit though is awesome. It's amazing how much colorwork can change things.

You're right that line work is sometimes kinda rough. But I got used to that I guess... 

Yes, one of my students brought it to a tarot & tea session ... and I HAD to have it. I ordered it on the spot };>

I always hated the palette on the original US Games plaid-back version (if you're old like me ... we were stuck with those awful colors until the 2000s changed everything).