AI Generated Lenormand Deck

Doktor_Zeus

A while ago, before the media frenzy on anything related to Artificial Intelligence began in earnest, I made my own Lenormand deck using generative AI. These days I'm not sure I'd do the same, given how badly the tide of public opinion has turned against it, but I needed something copyright-free for the phone app I was developing. Here's a few of the cards I came up with. Most are as the AI generated them, but some are lightly edited to correct minor issues. I added the titles, numbers and card suits manually.

image.thumb.png.2d7165f7ce4f6a57ef41dd8643d12e8e.png

5 hours ago, joy said:

Hey @Doktor_Zeus This deck looks quite interesting. So you would not go that route anymore because of how AI is perceived now?

It's partly because of how it's perceived, and partly because recent legal cases have effectively rendered AI art uncopyrightable in America.

That said, I already allow fairly free usage of the images for illustrating your own readings - just don't make a physical deck with them!

4 hours ago, Eugenie said:

@Doktor_Zeus I agree with Joy, an interesting deck. Love that Garden card! And The Tree is really nice! Is the app active?

It is, but only for iPhone. I've a couple of bugs to fix that were introduced in the last OS update, but they're fairly minor and I'm working on an update. So busy at work I don't have much time for my own projects.

I'm particularly happy with the home screen widget feature that delivers a three-card daily layout to your phone without having to open the app. There's also editors for advanced users to design their own spreads, and interpretation tools to highlight tricky concepts like knighting, mirroring, conjunctions and the grand chain (which some people call 'house hopping')

2 hours ago, Doktor_Zeus said:

It's partly because of how it's perceived, and partly because recent legal cases have effectively rendered AI art uncopyrightable in America.

That said, I already allow fairly free usage of the images for illustrating your own readings - just don't make a physical deck with them!

That is interesting I think the copyright issues are going to be a problem and not sure how the world will handle this in the near future.

2 hours ago, Doktor_Zeus said:

It is, but only for iPhone. I've a couple of bugs to fix that were introduced in the last OS update, but they're fairly minor and I'm working on an update. So busy at work I don't have much time for my own projects.

I'm particularly happy with the home screen widget feature that delivers a three-card daily layout to your phone without having to open the app. There's also editors for advanced users to design their own spreads, and interpretation tools to highlight tricky concepts like knighting, mirroring, conjunctions and the grand chain (which some people call 'house hopping')

Sorry but had to remove the name of the app as this is self-promotion. Which we only allow in our subscribers section.

https://www.thetarotforum.com/rules/

8 minutes ago, joy said:

Sorry but had to remove the name of the app as this is self-promotion. Which we only allow in our subscribers section.

https://www.thetarotforum.com/rules/

Sorry, I wasn’t sure. Will transfer a note there in the morning. Is it okay to link to that forum from this one so that the interested parties can find it easily?

10 minutes ago, Doktor_Zeus said:

Sorry, I wasn’t sure. Will transfer a note there in the morning. Is it okay to link to that forum from this one so that the interested parties can find it easily?

No worries all is good. You mean you want to link from this page to the subscription page? Yes of course that will be fine.

As a Supporter you can take out a thread in the Promote Yourself section and post your things. That's for anything you want to promote. Everyone can see this section but only supporters can post and edit in it. Plus you are welcome to take out a thread in our chat area which is for off-topic stuff and show your crafts there. Any off-topic from tarot and divination topics are allowed to be posted there 😉

3 hours ago, DanielJUK said:

As a Supporter you can take out a thread in the Promote Yourself section and post your things. That's for anything you want to promote.  

Ah, thank you, that's good to know. Supporters are Subscribers, right? Excellent. 

Edited by Eugenie

@DanielJUK can't afford another subscription right now. Maybe after Christmas.

Not sure what you mean by the chat area - I can't immediately see one, but if it's a real-time chat service then it wouldn't be any good for linking to this thread anyway. I guess it's OK for anyone else who's interested to just drop me a private message?

Edited by Doktor_Zeus

5 minutes ago, Doktor_Zeus said:

That just gives me an error message 😞 maybe it's not supported in Safari?

image.png

Oh, I just realized that it’s probably subscribers only. Sorry! 

It's Ok. I didn't come here to advertise my work anyway, it's just that somebody asked. I mostly signed up to get more practice.

2 minutes ago, Doktor_Zeus said:

It's Ok. I didn't come here to advertise my work anyway, it's just that somebody asked. I mostly signed up to get more practice.

This is the perfect place to get more practice 🙂

Yes, I'm looking forward to next month's Lenormand reading exchange 😄

I've tried other forums in the past, but they just don't seem to get any traffic. Hopefully this one will be better.

8 hours ago, Eugenie said:

Ah, thank you, that's good to know. Supporters are Subscribers, right? Excellent. 

Yes, sorry this term changes sometimes on the forum. It's the same thing 🙂

4 hours ago, Doktor_Zeus said:

@DanielJUK can't afford another subscription right now. Maybe after Christmas.

Not sure what you mean by the chat area - I can't immediately see one, but if it's a real-time chat service then it wouldn't be any good for linking to this thread anyway. I guess it's OK for anyone else who's interested to just drop me a private message?

oh sorry, we were not trying to hard sell on you 🤣, just suggested it if you want to promote your things. No worries, it's always an option available and please do join in our exchanges in December 🙂

On 11/16/2023 at 11:19 PM, joy said:

That is interesting I think the copyright issues are going to be a problem and not sure how the world will handle this in the near future.

The latest I've heard is that in the US AI AI-generated images have been declared as "non-copyrightable" by some courts and this sets a precedent.

I've not heard about any case of AI-generated images considered infringing someone else rights.

This means, for example, that if I publish a deck made with AI-generated images, the chance I will be sued is close to zero but if someone took my cards (AI-generated) and printed them under their name, I can't claim they infringed my rights. 

It's not an issue for me, since all my decks are free for anyone to use (and surely not worthy of being copied) but for those that aim to sell and make a profit from their deck, it is surely something to be aware of.

2 hours ago, remod said:

The latest I've heard is that in the US AI AI-generated images have been declared as "non-copyrightable" by some courts and this sets a precedent.

Yes, those are the issues we were talking about, although there is a lot of hoohah about AI trainers infringing copyright by using other people's art to train their AI models which may cause some trouble down the line too.

That being said, if you publish a deck of oracle cards and it looks good, you won't be able to stop the factories in China from ripping you off and selling decks at a fraction of what you can afford to even buy them for yourself.

Please could we be careful about naming huge global stores about piracy. If you see unofficial decks on a site, you should report it to them + the artist + the publisher

We don't want to get sued here and so I have edited some posts and removed one to do with naming a store.

3 hours ago, DanielJUK said:

Please could we be careful about naming huge global stores about piracy. If you see unofficial decks on a site, you should report it to them + the artist + the publisher

We don't want to get sued here and so I have edited some posts and removed one to do with naming a store.

Did that months ago. The owner confirmed that it was a pirated deck, and that they have tried to get them removed without success. Obviously I’ll respect your wishes for the site, but I think in this case it would benefit the community to know where to check for these things.

4 minutes ago, Doktor_Zeus said:

Did that months ago. The owner confirmed that it was a pirated deck, and that they have tried to get them removed without success. Obviously I’ll respect your wishes for the site, but I think in this case it would benefit the community to know where to check for these things.

I hear you but we really can not name anyone. The pirated decks are everywhere. It is much better to discuss: how to spot a fake deck. We have a thread here:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.