Skip to content

Spirit Guides in Tarot & Beyond--Your Thoughts and Experiences?

Featured Replies

On 1/6/2026 at 7:52 AM, Nemia said:

We're all following a silent group of people we don't know, back into the unknown past. I don't believe that the dead simply disappear. They come to us in dreams and the half-conscious state before we fall asleep, they call to us, they warn and help us, and sometimes hand down also hurt and trauma.

Something else just came to mind that I thought to share:

I have a very good Jewish friend (whom to my disgust, decided to return to the mother land during Brexit, so I don't see or hear from his regularly anymore). He invited me to his wedding. I'd never been to a Jewish wedding and it was steeped in tradition - so much so, that I felt overwhelmed for everybody else. Lol.

(which I'm sure is ridiculous, but that's how it hit me).

Later when we spoke of it, he said to me "Yes - we are standing on the shoulders of giants! πŸ’ͺ".

And my expression from my experience was - "rather than being held up by giants, I feel like you are the tiny cogs holding up a giant weight - like Atlas's curse".

Further on this story - just because I know you'll all love it πŸ˜‰:

A year or so earlier he and I were entering a class room to hear all about Pamela Coleman Smith's life, and on each of our chairs, there was a Tarot card. We were directed to look at our Tarot card.

The card that he had on his chair - was the 4 of Wands. He looked at the card and said to me - "What does this mean?". And I said - "It's a wedding... getting married or going to a wedding anytime soon??"

He was silent for a little while, and then he said to me "I've met someone...".

Huh -Fancy!!!!

AND - then, when I went to his wedding - I saw, the 4 of Wands in the flesh, because traditionally, Jewish people get married under a canopy held up by 4 pillars. I was gobsmacked and excited, because being ignorant I was not expecting this.

On 1/7/2026 at 9:43 PM, Mi-Shell said:

1) ...Earth and their Spirit Soul and live as another human Clan member.

So Not only am I guided and protected, I am also teaching my Ancestors, about the beautiful mess that is today....

2)..... 7 generations from now – I have to come back – What will then be the mess of the day- back β€œhome” in Siberia?

1) What a thought...

2) Why 7? fascinating. I was introduced to the 7 generations back idea, through seeing a carving. ...on Etsy.

I was spellbound and really wanted to jam it into my already full collection, however, it was a bit out of my price range. It was 7 generations of women and was a bit like a Russian doll.

The "mess" will hopefully be far less than in other places around the globe 🀞.

Then again... perhaps by then, we'll have had a 3rd world war, obliterated everything and have started from scratch once more... or gone to the stars and terraformed the nearest planets... πŸ€”...

I like the idea of teaching my ancestors. It lends a layer of responsibility to how one lives their life, which I think is a good thing.

  • Author
On 8/11/2026 at 10:24 PM, Tanga said:

The card that he had on his chair - was the 4 of Wands. He looked at the card and said to me - "What does this mean?". And I said - "It's a wedding... getting married or going to a wedding anytime soon??"

He was silent for a little while, and then he said to me "I've met someone...".

What a lovely story. Yes, I often read 4 wands as a wedding card for exactly this reason.
I suppose many cultures have married under such canopies but it is most famous for Jewish weddings.

On 8/11/2026 at 10:24 PM, Tanga said:

I like the idea of teaching my ancestors. It lends a layer of responsibility to how one lives their life, which I think is a good thing.

i've largely given up on the idea of defining or identifying spirit Guides. As someone removed and disconnected from my ancestry--ancestral guides aren't necessarily a thing for me. Still, in particularly deep meditations I often get a sense that I am healing generational trauma. I have an intuitive sense of extending the healing 7 generations back. Usually through the maternal line. Nothing to do with spirit guides per se--just a thing that organically happens during intense self-healing sessions.

Edited by Misterei

I was looking for a thread of spirit guides and was glad to stumble upon this one, even if it's older. Thank you everyone for sharing such unique views and experiences.

On 1/7/2026 at 8:23 AM, DanielJUK said:

I'll be honest and say I just don't know about my spirit guides, it's something I am completely undecided on and I am on a journey to work out in my own mind.

Obviously, I don't want to take away from anyone else's beliefs or spirituality and I can only talk about my own spiritual journey.Β 

@DanielJUK , I'm not sure if it's still the case with you, but I feel like you wrote exactly how it is for me! I have never seen or felt or heard any specific guides, even after so many years of oracular practice.Β 

In fact, I was searching a thread about the subject because I was going to ask… how do I know something comes from a guide, or not? Or is it just wishful thinking on my part? If it's too subtle, maybe I would not notice it?

For those who have such connection with guides (or other entities in your spiritual beliefs), how did you know it was them communicating with you? Did you, at any point, doubt yourself? Or was it something that felt unquestionable?


@Marina y'know when you're reading the cards for someone... and you just KNOW that a particular comment or message is for them? Like somewhere in your being there's just something nudging you to say X - and that X may have just popped into your head even though it may not necessarily be a strict traditional card interpretation?

This is the feeling I have gotten. No very often. But I've had it.

So - when I was lying down having my Reiki initiations and I saw myself sitting at a bar... and then casually looked down and saw a white dog at my side (a white wolf/arctic fox) - I just KNEW - that it was not something I'd just made up in my head.

I HEARD the floorboards creaking like someone was walking around me towards the nearby wall (I had my eyes closed) - and I knew it wasn't my tutor, because she was standing over me (I could feel the warmth of her body).

And I knew there was no-one else in the house.

I could go on...

For me - these things have only happened when I was not trying to find a guide.

And - I did a large share of TRYING. What with guided meditations, path working, reading books on the subject etc.

But it was like - when I stopped really trying - after I'd done all the research I could - that it just happened.

8 hours ago, Marina said:

For those who have such connection with guides (or other entities in your spiritual beliefs), how did you know it was them communicating with you? Did you, at any point, doubt yourself? Or was it something that felt unquestionable?

I tend to hear their voice in my head and/or see their face as we communicate. And it’s not that the communication happens randomly - I do not hear voices haphazardly- but it happens when my mind is in a receptive state. During busier times with a lot of real life struggles, they’ll begin communication when I’m in bed and about to fall asleep. It’s their clever way to get through to me when my thoughts aren’t too loud to drown out their voices. But in times when I want a stronger contact, I’ll deliberately pause during the day and allow for communication. Or I might do a journey/trance work to allow for visions and more elaborate input.

18 hours ago, Marina said:

I was looking for a thread of spirit guides and was glad to stumble upon this one, even if it's older. Thank you everyone for sharing such unique views and experiences.

@DanielJUK , I'm not sure if it's still the case with you, but I feel like you wrote exactly how it is for me! I have never seen or felt or heard any specific guides, even after so many years of oracular practice.Β 

In fact, I was searching a thread about the subject because I was going to ask… how do I know something comes from a guide, or not? Or is it just wishful thinking on my part? If it's too subtle, maybe I would not notice it?

For those who have such connection with guides (or other entities in your spiritual beliefs), how did you know it was them communicating with you? Did you, at any point, doubt yourself? Or was it something that felt unquestionable?


For me, it helps to categorise this into different thing to happen to me....

Thoughts - we all have thoughts and worries all the time in our heads. This tends to be in my own voice and like thinking about what to put on the shopping list or maybe thinking over a tarot card in a reading and is there another angle or maybe thinking about TV I just watched. It's obviously from me.

Guide Messages - I am new at this, like I said before but still really deeply exploring this area of my life. At the moment for me, they tend to come when I am calm and meditating. I don't seem to just get them like a thought in my head. I know people who are deeper connected, do get them all the time (more on this in a sec). I have been reading up on this area because of my new interest and what is key with guides is the tone. Like it should be supportive, calm, grounded and loving. They are on your side. I don't think they should tell you to do something, more like give some wise advice. Some people feel an energetic feel around this as well.

Daydreams - I am such a Cups person that I daydream and dream a lot. Since going deeper with my spirituality, I am getting very vivid and intense ones. These are stories that I watch unfold and can be very complex. I think these are like a form of healing for me, they bug me a lot but when I work out their meaning that story goes away. So this is unlocking or solving something in my life.

Divination Messages - I get some messages when divining and always have. Sometimes I see an image in my third eye, like in the front of my forehead, sometimes I hear whispers in my ear. I am not sure if I can put them in the guide messages category or not, they seem different. This happens during readings and randomly and aid my readings.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions β†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.