Skip to content

The Sun and The Moon: Art Inspired by the Celestial - an exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery

Featured Replies

Hopefully I'm posting this in the correct area, tarot does feature in this exhibition, along with plenty of tarot adjacent subjects!

This is a PSA for any folk living in, around, or within travelling distance of London. I visited the Saatchi Gallery today to see the exhibition above, and it was fantastic. There's so much to see, and it covers all sorts of interesting subjects such as mythology, folklore, esotericism, science, science fiction... Even my daughter had her attention held for well over an hour, which is saying something! Absolutely well worth the trip and the entrance fee.

Link to the exhibition website is here

I see they have an interactive evening event to go with it too; the photos seem to show making cards. (Not that I'm anywhere near London, but nice of you to share.)

Untitled-1.png

OOH. I wonder of there's a virtual tour ? No chance I can get there before it closes.

@KiMo I've moved it over to the Tarot in Media section for you, the other general tarot exhibitions are all there.

Thanks for posting about it, it looks fun 😀

  • Author
14 hours ago, DanielJUK said:

I've moved it over to the Tarot in Media section for you, the other general tarot exhibitions are all there.

Thanks for posting about it, it looks fun 😀

Thank you for that, I'm sure I remembered an area that posts like this could go into but I couldn't find it!

14 hours ago, DanielJUK said:

There's a video of the exhibition....

Oh great spot, thank you, and actually the video does an excellent job of portraying how special the exhibition is. That final installation where you step into a room full of lights is really something else.

14 hours ago, gregory said:

OOH. I wonder of there's a virtual tour ? No chance I can get there before it closes.

I really hope they produce one, the gallery does state that its mission is to 'render contemporary art accessible to all'. So why not produce a virtual tour to make it more so? I might email them actually... I was surprised at how short the run of the exhibition is given how much work there is included, and I was also surprised that there was no catalogue produced. I would have loved one.

15 hours ago, Rose Lalonde said:

I see they have an interactive evening event to go with it too; the photos seem to show making cards.

Yes, they ran a day workshop aimed at children as well which I thought was really fun. The date didn't work for us sadly, my daughter would have loved it! They're also running one based around the making of sigils which is so cool, we're away on holiday when it's happening though ☹️

LOVE it. I'm there right now. Thanks for the heads-up @KiMo .

  • Author

I'm so glad you enjoyed it @Tanga ! I really think that it's a beautifully curated exhibition ❤️

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.