Message Members With Full Inboxes Here

Saturn Celeste

Saturn Celeste

This is a thread for people to message members who have full inboxes.  Either quote the member you're trying to get in touch with or mention them.

1. To quote a member, find a post of the member and quote it but don't send it.  When you quote the post, copy it and then paste it on this thread.  Then reply to the quote that they need to empty their inbox, you are unable to contact them.

2. To mention a member, enter the @ key and then hold down the shift key -- do NOT skip a space but instead start to type the member's name.  You'll see choices pop up in a blue textbox.  Click on the name in the textbox.  If you type the @ and do not hold it down, it won't work.  You must select the name from the text box for the mention to work.

Dee! I was thinking that.. maybe Queen of swords is me..

FoxyRoxy[/member] your mailbox is full!! No one can answer you :)

Dee

Saturn Celeste

I also added the mention so it's a good chance!  I'm curious to see if this might be a problem with the site so if this thread fills up, it might be something more to look into. ;)

on AT moderators could pm users even if their inbox was full, their messages always got through. However what happened is people asked the poor overworked moderators to message their friends to say their inbox was full but most of the time the person didn't respond to that anyway :(

But I like the idea of this thread and some people do take self care breaks from forums which we must remember. Sometimes people need a break from here and messages but hopefully they will return back with time :)

on AT moderators could pm users even if their inbox was full, their messages always got through. However what happened is people asked the poor overworked moderators to message their friends to say their inbox was full but most of the time the person didn't respond to that anyway :(

They would send a message saying your box was full - but you didn't always get the message; Lillie and I tested it once....

This thread is useful though.

Saturn Celeste

It really depends on how much the user pays attention to mentions.  To a brand new user to tarot AND tarot forums, a forum can be intimidating.  TT&M is exceptional in it's warmth but there is still the mechanics and functionality of posting in a forum.  I find the mentions are a lifesaver but I'm not sure everyone knows where to look for them.

The mentions are a sub-menu from your Profile Tab.  Highlight that tab and the drop down menu will be Summary, Account Settings, Forum Profile, My Bookmarks, Mentions, Helpdesk Profile.  Click on the mentions (if you have one regarding your inbox) and you'll find this thread and your request to empty your inbox.  Hope this helps!  ;)

Saturn Celeste

But I like the idea of this thread and some people do take self care breaks from forums which we must remember. Sometimes people need a break from here and messages but hopefully they will return back with time :)

RL always takes over!  You are so correct, Daniel!  I have a feeling this will be the type of forum people will continue to return "home" after they've ventured away for periods of time. 

Creativespark

@Eric I’m not sure how to fix this issue. My inbox on here is empty and it says it’s using 0% of my storage in messages right now. I checked the inbox for my linked email account and I also have plenty of room there. Please advise.

Edited by Creativespark

That's interesting. I tried to DM you and it said your inbox is full. I'm sure it isn't because I've had this happen before. Somethings up me then since it's a pattern. No worries, just wanted to let you know something.