The Samiranay Tarot....I got questions.....

Tarot dance

Tarot dance

hey folks

Is any one familiar with, or better yet have the deck, the  Samiramay Tarot…I came across an image of one of the cards on Pinterest…so I chased it to the web site that is selling the deck…but for me the description of what is being offered is confusing (or at least to me)…

I am unsure of she is offering a tarot deck, you know with real physical cards…or a file of tarot cards to be downloaded (because jpegs are referenced in the product info sections)

…I have emailed the artist, Vera Petruk for clarification….

She also has second deck….Fantasy Mystic Tarot…that I would not mind having…the price is great…$25

zKh0U4n.jpg

[urlhttp://i.imgur.com/jzicJHk.jpg][/url]

r46iq56.png

enrzfJu.jpg

Scarlet Woodland

I've scuttled down that rabbit hole before too. Yep it's just the image files for sale but someone is putting out her other version without all the colours in it. Think it's just the red and black on that background colour. I much prefer this version but no-one's picked it up as yet :)

A printed version is now available from MPC - think Gregory persuaded her to put them on there. So you CAN order the physical deck. The Old Memories deck (?) from Tarrocco Studio is her Majors done in black and red I think with am aged look, but the minors are different. I don't have either deck I must say, but I followed the discussions.

http://www.makeplayingcards.com/sell/marketplace/samiramay-tarot-cards.html

https://tarocco-studio.com/shop/the-old-memories-tarot/

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Tarot dance

Thanks everyone for the info....

Here is what I have found out......I got a reply today to the email I has sent yesterday....yes, there are downloadable files or images of the cards on some sites....

But she has recently started offering for sale the actual physical cards on playingcards.com .

...Here is some of the email that Vera Petrak sent...

But recently I have opened the shop on Playingcards.com, and there you can order the physical variants of both tarot cards with the delivery to your decks . There are 78 cards (major and minor arcana) within each deck: Samiramay Tarot and Fantasy Tarot.

...Some Info on the cards...

...Size: 2.75'' x 4.75'' (70mm x 120mm)

...Card stock:300gsm (smooth)

...I'm still learning agoujt card stock...is this a good card stock?

The price for the deck is $26.40……but I could not figure out shipping costs…i will email her tonight to ask about shipping…

Link to what the deck looks like….(Hopefully the link will work...)

I like 300gsm card stock.  I think many standard Lo Scarabeo decks have 300gsm.

I also like 310gsm which is in The Deck of the Bastard.

I don't like 350gsm which, I think, is in the Tarot Illuminati Kit.  The whole deck is thicker and I'm not happy with the shuffling.

It really depends on personal preference.  I prefer thinner, which is usually standard card stock. Another thing I like is when the card stock has a core, meaning you can't see the other card side when you hold it up to a light bulb. I'm pretty sure that MPC company has a core in their card stock.

Tarot dance

Thank you for that...I have the deck of the bastard & love the card stock...I have lots of Lo Scorebox decks also & never had a problem with those decks' card stock either...now, Game Crafter’s that's a whole different story….

The artist, Vera Petrak, got back to me last night about shipping cost…it seems everything is handled by PlayingCards.com and she suggest I contact them with any shipping questions…Which I plan on doing this afternoon/evening

I really want this decks in my grubby little hands…the sooner the better...

The artist, Vera Petrak, got back to me last night about shipping cost…it seems everything is handled by PlayingCards.com and she suggest I contact them with any shipping questions…Which I plan on doing this afternoon/evening

I really want this decks in my grubby little hands…the sooner the better...

And when the deck is in your grubby little hands ... don't forget to get on here & tell us about! I'd really like to hear more about it. (Though, goodness knows, I don't need any more decks on my wish-list ...)

Tarot dance

..Well....i'm very excited...I just ordered the Samiramay Tarot ....should be in my grubby hands around 8/28...can't wait to get it

I did indeed get her to put it up there. I am delighted. I did get a copy. One caveat - she has never done this before and seems to have got the proportions a bit screwed. So the cards are rather elongated from the ones we had seen before. It doesn't matter much - except where there are circles (sun, wheel.) But I am still very glad I have it.

And the card stock is fine.

Mine came in at $29 including postage to Canada.

The cost of paper has more than doubled, so has postage etc. And she did underprice it badly in the first place.

16 hours ago, gregory said:

The cost of paper has more than doubled, so has postage etc. And she did underprice it badly in the first place.

Very true! Prices on so many things have increased due to quarantine.  I get shocked just going to the grocery store these days.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.