Tarot Decks in the Deck Library

Saturn Celeste

Saturn Celeste

Little Fang[/member] started our awesome TT&M Deck Library tonight.

http://library.thetarotforum.com/

Once we get a handle on it, members can submit images too but there will be guides so it's not open for everyone yet.  Little Fang will discuss it further.  This thread is to keep track of the decks that are up now so we don't have repeats. 

Decks up so far:

Byzantine Tarot: Wisdom from an Ancient Empire

Considerate Cat Tarot

English Magic Tarot

Llewellyn’s Classic Tarot

Modern Spellcaster’s Tarot

Reincarnation Cards: Awakening Far Memory

Sacred Geometry Cards for the Visionary Path

Tarot of the Hidden Realm

The Spiritsong Tarot

The Linestrider Tarot

The Wildwood Tarot: Wherein Wisdom Resides

Saturn Celeste

Please note, we reserve the right to remove a shared image for a few reasons.  We do ask for quality photos and if the cards are difficult to see, we can refuse them or if the same deck comes along and are easier to see, we can remove a photo that is already up.  We don't want to have duplicates.  If some of the images are cropped off, we reserve the right to remove those images should a better image replace it.  But we DO appreciate the effort everyone will be taking to make this gallery awesome so for now, I am accepting what people submit.  This is all really new for all of us and it's really exciting!  And thank you for the 2 submissions already!  X/

The Shadowscapes deck is really cropped up, if you submitted it and want to try again, that would be great!!  I do however really appreciate the care put into the captions, Great job!!

I've got an app on my phone called "PhotoScan" that actually makes your phone a scanner, with you moving the phone around while taking the image to avoid glare.  I've attached an example of what it comes up like to the post.  It would mean that the images are done individually, and I'm not sure that's what you are looking for?  I could do that for a few cards out of each deck in my collection if you want me to (I mean, a lot are already done, as I used those for my professional reading delivery when my shop was up), but I won't if you'd prefer more photo-y photos!

Cups_-_02.jpg.36f17735c2e7ee806066c8ee1bd8bfce.jpg

Saturn Celeste

Could the links be in a darker green please.  Currently they are really hard on the eyes (I am seeing pale mint green in 6 point fonts on white background)  :bugeyed:

Thank you!

We'll keep that in mind Avalon!  For now we're still setting it up and Little Fang hasn't even 'officially' announced it yet!  :biggrin:

Libra, we're doing 6 cards for tarot at a time instead of one at a time.  I'm using a height of 1000 px and keep the perspective ratio.

If your oracle cards are the same size as tarot, you can use 6, otherwise only use 3 or 4 depending on how large they are.  I'm doing a width of 1000 px for the single row of oracle cards.  We're trying to go for a uniform look.  Now if you want to make it really pretty like Little Fang did but stay with the 6 tarot cards, you are welcome to set up your shot.  ^-^

oh! like idea! -we ok to post old decks as well?:)

also imo 1card from each set; major, court,pip + back & maybe short description/mini review would be good standard?!:)

libra[/member] tnx 4 tips! I'm downloading that asap!:)

Saturn Celeste

Right now the library isn't working so please don't make submissions yet.  We haven't officially introduced the library yet!  :biggrin:  I'm going to be redoing my photos using 9 cards anyway.  Once we see how the template works then we'll have something for you all to copy for your entries too!  We also want as high quality photos as you can take.  There is  a Shadowscapes picture that will need to be removed as soon as we get a better Shadowscapes image.  I really need to see the cards, no cropped edges that contain part of the image please!

Love this idea. Definitely sign me up once its up and running  :love:

me2! can't wait to add my!^^ btw would it be good idea to upload official digital card samples that are already posted by publisher online?:) imo it gives best preview resolution & colors as photo quality depend on camera & filters we use not to mention resolution & crop,,, lol

The search function in the deck library doesn't seem to be functioning correctly. Even if I search for something I know is there, it returns a blank screen and no results.

Are you looking for new submissions right now, or still working on the interface and the form?

Saturn Celeste

The search function in the deck library doesn't seem to be functioning correctly. Even if I search for something I know is there, it returns a blank screen and no results.

Are you looking for new submissions right now, or still working on the interface and the form?

We can always use more decks!  I was in there the other day but I didn't try the search feature.  I'll check it out sometime next week.  Thank you for bringing it to my attention!  ^-^

I am working on adding the reviews I have in the Deck Review forum to the Library.  The following have already been completed:  Victorian Fairy Tarot, Deviant Moon, Tarot of the Hidden Realm, Shadowscapes Tarot, Mermaid Tarot, and The Victorian Romantic - Limited Gold Edition.  Thank you Saturn for helping get images of some the decks and I will take care of getting pictures of the decks you don't have.  On the bright side of all this work is that we will have more decks added to the Library :rofl: