Medical Readings, Herbs and Tarot

Star83

I love the thought that there is a deck out there that describes the relation tof a card to a herb. I myself do a lot of medical readings. I might ask what health problem I have and get the hanged man and 5 of pentacles - meaning lymphatic system and thyroid. I've also used tarot to find other ppls health problems. I got the sun card as someone having heart problems.

So my question is - the herb on the card, is that the herb the card rules and is therefore beneficial to u?

Star83[/member] I have moved your question into a new topic so as not to confuse anyone who comes along wishing to study the cards and contribute in the discussions about each card.

I love the thought that there is a deck out there that describes the relation tof a card to a herb. I myself do a lot of medical readings. I might ask what health problem I have and get the hanged man and 5 of pentacles - meaning lymphatic system and thyroid. I've also used tarot to find other ppls health problems. I got the sun card as someone having heart problems.

So my question is - the herb on the card, is that the herb the card rules and is therefore beneficial to u?

So this deck is an RWS variant.  That means that although there are a few cards that differ slightly in meaning, in general this deck is close to the 'standard RWS' symbolism and meanings.  To me, it feels like the creators looked at those meanings and did loads of research to match up a herb that best matched the meanings of the cards.  In my experience of this deck, the herbs are perfectly matched to the RWS meaning behind the card and in particular the spiritual usages really match up.

I'm aware you may differ in opinion here, but personally, I never do 'medical readings' where I am looking for where the health problem is.  This is just one of my codes of ethics.  I will read on ways to help with a known condition, but I will not look for the condition - too much could be at stake for me to feel comfortable doing so.  Medical professions are trained to diagnose medical conditions, tarot readers in general are not.  They may be able to point towards an area to investigate, but I wouldn't want a 'diagnosis' just because 'it was read in the tarot cards.'

The card doesn't 'rule' a herb.  Cards are just paper and ink after all.  We read meaning into the images and in this deck, use the knowledge of the herbs to help with the reading.  A card cannot 'rule' anything.

While the herb shown may be useful to you, it is not guaranteed.  Also, there are some herbs in this book that while treating one problem could cause you serious issues in another area if you weren't aware of the other properties of the herb.  Herbalism is a complicated discipline and I don't think it is wise to use a tarot deck to ask what herb would be best for your condition.  Although I use this deck for readings and provide insights from the herbal perspective, I do not advocate taking the herb without doing proper research and even consulting a herbalist who knows what they are doing.

The short answer to your question is not necessarily.  It may be beneficial, but it is not guaranteed.

I want to emphasize what Stephanelli just wrote. Doing readings to try and discover or diagnose medical conditions and/or treatments would not only be considered unethical (and potentially highly dangerous), but also in most cases illegal. That is not the intention of this deck nor of its study group. 

Omg guys calm the f down. I only read for myself for my personal knowledge only. I never ever do medical readings for other ppl. That's just stupid.

So based on the response I really don't understand why u use herb tarot cards :o.

I've also used tarot to find other ppls health problems. I got the sun card as someone having heart problems.

Omg guys calm the f down. I only read for myself for my personal knowledge only. I never ever do medical readings for other ppl. That's just stupid.

So based on the response I really don't understand why u use herb tarot cards :o.

Maybe you do not even listen to yourself when you talk? But that does not matter. This is me telling to you that you may not use that kind of language with any moderator or member of this forum. You are to be respectful, that is the most basic rule of this forum. We moderators have a job to do. We make sure that every discussion not only abides to the rules but also stay on the correct side of ethics and law. We simply cannot allow certain topics here and that must be made very clear. You are not to reply to this message nor do I want to see you repeat this type of language or attitude elsewhere. That would only land you an official warning, so let’s not go there. Thank you for respecting this and understand the responsibility we moderators willingly take on for the sake of this wonderful forum. We really care.