Game of thrones Deck??? Opinions?

Bluelagune

! To mods ... if someone already started this, please delete this post.

Has anyone here bought the Game of thrones deck?

What did you think?

Blue

I bought it - by accident. (Don't ask. I'm still slightly embarrassed).

I think if you know Game of Thrones, you'd probably like seeing the characters depicted. I have never seen it. It's OK as a deck. The cards are attractive, and solidly Waite/Smith tarot. I have of course no idea who the characters are - but the images hold up. From reviews on amazon, I gather some characters are repeated; I don't know if this would bother people - as I don't recognise them - no problem !

There's a very thorough review I read which might help you.

https://winteriscoming.net/2018/03/24/game-of-thrones-tarot-deck-review-and-analysis/2/

I looked at it at the bookstore. Yes, I watched most of the series. The idea draw me in but the characters felt off. They had mother of dragons listed as empress, but she isn't.  She is death! Etc... I can cross it off but paying so much money and then adjust the images ...

I bought the deck on a whim to get one day shipping on Amazon and I'm really impressed by it. If you're familiar with Game of Thrones, it's so easy to read. I think they did a good job matching scenes to the cards.

BTW, someone mentioned Daenerys being the death card but that's not true. She's the Empress and Queen of Wands. Arya is Death, which I think is a pretty inspired choice.

The one card in the deck that doesn't work is the flayed man as the hanged man.

I bought the deck on a whim to get one day shipping on Amazon and I'm really impressed by it. If you're familiar with Game of Thrones, it's so easy to read. I think they did a good job matching scenes to the cards.

BTW, someone mentioned  Daenerys being the death card but that's not true. She's the Empress and Queen of Wands. Arya is Death, which I think is a pretty inspired choice.

The one card in the deck that doesn't work is the flayed man as the hanged man.

I loozed at it at the store. The HM did look odd, it didn't do anything.

Daenerys has killed everything and everyone she touched. That's why I thought she was death. Arya is a magician now 💡😎

However, thanks for your opinion. I'm glad it's easy to read intuitively. I think I'll go give it a second look 😊

Daenerys - correct me if I'm wrong but didn't she have problem getting pregnant? She's not a mother at all. Only mother of the dragons. No one else to take her place though.

I just had a brief look and I'm not impressed. I love game of thrones so I was expecting something more wild and passionate.

What card did srsi get. She should either get the emperor, 5 of wands, tower, 9 of swords. I wonder what card king Goffrey got lol... Knight of swords? Devil?

Daenerys - correct me if I'm wrong but didn't she have problem getting pregnant? She's not a mother at all. Only mother of the dragons. No one else to take her place though.

I just had a brief look and I'm not impressed. I love game of thrones so I was expecting something more wild and passionate.

What card did srsi get. She should either get the emperor, 5 of wands, tower, 9 of swords. I wonder what card king Goffrey got lol... Knight of swords? Devil?

Lol Srsi got Queen of swords - she better suits the Empress but author thought otherwise.

Geoffrey - don't know

I like the deck but I'm disappointed that Jaqen H'ghar isn’t included in the deck, as he's such a mysterious magical character. I would see him as the Magician or perhaps Judgement.

I would love to get this deck in a trade, but will not pay full price for it. I love the show so I also had problems with some of the Characters placed on certain cards because it just did not fit who they are to me - Like Dinaires not being fertile but being the Empress.  The story is vast enough for them to populate a deck even if with minor characters on some cards or particular scenes vs. all main and main "ish" characters.  I guess I am too influenced by the story to enjoy it as a Tarot deck because of the inconsistencies or wrong associations I perceive.  For me it would be more of a novelty deck that I would most likely not use for readings.

I like the deck but I'm disappointed that Jaqen H'ghar isn’t included in the deck, as he's such a mysterious magical character. I would see him as the Magician or perhaps Judgement.

Oh he is perfect magician! 👍

I would love to get this deck in a trade, but will not pay full price for it. I love the show so I also had problems with some of the Characters placed on certain cards because it just did not fit who they are to me - Like Dinaires not being fertile but being the Empress.  The story is vast enough for them to populate a deck even if with minor characters on some cards or particular scenes vs. all main and main "ish" characters.  I guess I am too influenced by the story to enjoy it as a Tarot deck because of the inconsistencies or wrong associations I perceive.  For me it would be more of a novelty deck that I would most likely not use for readings.

I watched the series but not till end so I'm very curious at the cheracter vs tarot selection.

Can someone post the list if they know it????

I want to see how they compare to story.

AnomalyTempest

I have this deck and I am using it a lot this month. I figured it would be a novelty thing, but turns out I'm really loving it. I was disappointed with some choices at first, especially when so many characters were repeated and other left out completely. The more I use the cards, though, the more the characters/scenes depicted make sense for the cards. They are growing on me more and more. Knowledge of the show (I haven't read the books) really adds a depth to the meanings of the cards I didn't expect to get. If your interested in seeing them, I am using them for Raggydoll's 30 Days of Working with the Moon Spreads, and I am doing what is becoming an in depth study of a particular spread,(spoilers in this one for those who care) in a thread titled Moon as the Future. It started as advice for a single position but has grown. This deck has actually been a pleasant surprise for me.