WHICH tarot deck are you likely to take with you?

GreatDane

My travel deck would likely be the pocket Morgan Greer because it's small and has a tin and a classic.  The PCS Commemorative is my all time fav deck, followed by the Anna. K, but when I need to grab a deck to go with me, the Morgan Greer in a tin is handy.

Guest Night Shade

If I just wanted a deck to carry with me in my purse, I would take my mini Tarot of Mermaids, because it works well for me and it's easy to carry.  If I was travelling, I would take the Celtic Dragon Tarot, because it also works well for me, and I love having dragon energy around me.

Saturn Celeste

When I used to leave the house I would take whatever my newest deck happened to be at the time.  That way I could handle it and really get to know it.

for travel/out I prefer mini/Bridge size I won't feel sorry if lost/damaged (my pam's vintage perfect!:D) also some gipsy/lenormand cards & my android is always with me so app Ellis Tarot & Shadowscapes my fav!;D

I would take the Victorian Fairy Tarot because the imagery is so self explanatory and even "Aunt Fifi" would not get offended by it.  The Tarot of the Sweet Twilight would be another choice, love the bright colors and again the art is so evocative.

Lately I've been carrying the Sakki-Sakki deck with me everywhere because I'm in love with it and I want to show it off to everyone and take it out and show it the city, lol.

But usually it's either the RWS if I want to be comfy whipping out a read, or the Golden Thread if I'm going somewhere fancy and want to have a fancy deck to match. :D

Hmm... Decisions, decisions! My RWS Centennial, or my RWS Centennial... in a tin!  8)

I love them both, but for now, I agree with GreatDane - the tin wins for just having handy any time. The deck seemed to agree as with me as well, offering up the II of Wands for "How can I best connect with you?" in Ethony's deck interview spread. :love:

I'm actually traveling to a writers' retreat next weekend! If I have to present, I'll probably take my Giant RWS and do a module on plotting with tarot, or something similar. Otherwise, I'll have a TdM deck for me (probably CBD or my Noblet) and the Steampunk Tarot for others, because that seems to be the most popular with writerly types who want their cards read.

If I were to choose only one deck, though, it'd be one of my Marseille decks, and probably the CBD, because that deck is super charming and also currently replaceable if it were to get lost or damaged.

I've been reading all the reasons you all take whichever deck or decks with you.  I really enjoy reading others thoughts about why and which decks they use!

Also the purpose, as HermitWriter mentioned, using for specific reason could entail taking a giant deck or a deck that is deemed overall more popular for a large audience.

I have to be honest, when I go on business travel I usually take 5 or 6 decks some times more X-D.  It is a time I get a lot of alone time so I can really dig into my Tarot stuff so I typically have a bag with decks, books, journals, etc. as I never know what I might exactly be in the mood for.  If I travel somewhere with the husband then I take my deck of the month.  If I am just putting something in my purse for just in case I come against an opportunity to read for someone then it would be the decks I referenced above.  I always have the Froud Faeries Oracle in my purse.

Makes so much sense, Jewel. 

If I am going to do readings, even a small group, I would take at least a few decks.

Just to have a deck with me, no planned readings, the only deck I have in a tin, the Morgan Greer (ok, part of that is it fits well even in a small bag :-)) 

If we talk often here, skip this post before I bore you with repetition  :P ::)

I take the mini Tabula Mundi, and I have the TM fool's dog app that includes the companion book.

I take a RWS version or clone, along with a more pagan themed deck. That way, client readings can be done with a familiar looking deck and I can meditate and do my own readings with the other.

The decks vary, according to mood and also, it's a good way to familiarise myself with newly acquired decks.

So at the moment, it's Modern Spellcasters, which I've just bought, and one of Carol Herzer's.  <3

D76[/member]  i just spontaneously bought this (standard-sized) deck. i've been wanting to take the TdM plunge and was overwhelmed with decks. but that one looked really lovely so i decided to go with it. :) thanks!

I usually just have a few apps on my phone, but if I was going to take an actual deck I'd grab one of the ones I have in a tin: The Centennial Rider Waite Smith, the Aquarian, or the Halloween Tarot. Probably one of the first two, unless it was right around Halloween.

I think my most-used deck is the Joie de Vivre, but it's box is all tattered and falling apart. I need to knit it a bag or something.

D76[/member]  i just spontaneously bought this (standard-sized) deck. i've been wanting to take the TdM plunge and was overwhelmed with decks. but that one looked really lovely so i decided to go with it. :) thanks!

((

fire cat pickles

Hmmm, a travel deck. I once took a deck on vacation and it got stolen out of my suitcase. So I wouldn’t take a valuable deck. It would have to be a replaceable one!

So I would have to take a standard RWS and not the one gifted to me by my (favorite) ex’s sister way-back-when...

My travel deck would likely be the pocket Morgan Greer because it's small and has a tin and a classic.  The PCS Commemorative is my all time fav deck, followed by the Anna. K, but when I need to grab a deck to go with me, the Morgan Greer in a tin is handy.

Mini decks, easy to carry in pocket or purse

I don't really take a deck with me when I leave the house, because I never leave the house for long. However, when I travel, I take Liz Dean's 'Golden Tarot'. It's my oldest deck, and it's pretty well worn. I'm very familiar with it, and it's very comforting when I'm stressed out from travel (which is inevitable in my case). And it's a deck that, while I would be sad if it got lost or stolen, is very replaceable.

I so get what you are all saying re taking valuable decks.  If I am going to be out and there's a chance I may read, I would likely take my Pamela Commemorative over, say, my Uni Waite, just because I know I can replace the Pamela (and it's my FAV to read with), while It would be hard to replace the Uni Waite because it's the Belgian printing and I LOVE the cardstock.  It wasn't easy to find.