Baba studio contemplates reprinting the Fantastic Menagerie tarot

Raggydoll

Finally after some delays I read on Instagram that they will start shipping LE edition from tomorrow and normal edition from the end of next week. the cards just look gorgeous 🥳

34 minutes ago, fire cat pickles said:

Can't wait! Now only if I can bring myself to touch the cards. I hope they're not toooo nice.

Did you buy the limited edition?

I purchased the regular edition and knowing what Baba studio is like, it will feel very deluxe anyway. 

After I seeing how nice the cardstock of their new printer is, I am pretty sure they will both be amazing 🥰 Since it is quite thick I didn't have the courage to bend the cards to see how flexible they are yet

1 hour ago, Raggydoll said:

Did you buy the limited edition?

I purchased the regular edition and knowing what Baba studio is like, it will feel very deluxe anyway. 

I think I got the regular edition so I'll have to wait...

I read on the news that Czech Republic -where is located their printer- is dealing with important issues with the Covid-19, and they tighten restrictions (from yesterday if I don't make a mistake); the good point is that the decks were already shipped towards Ireland!!

For me it will be at the end of the next week (standard edition, but luxurious standard!); caricatures are something very French (because part of our culture for hundred of years), I'm sure you know that because this must be on the front-page news for sad reasons, lately too.

5 hours ago, Decan said:

That's the right week now! I look forwards to receive my shipping notice in a few days!!

tumblr_mp14bzmDAU1s99dcoo1_r1_400.gif

Even Al Bundy is psyched. 🤣

I didn't place the order right away and with the lock down situation in Ireland maybe it will take some time 😭

I got my shipping notice. It'll still be two weeks at the very least, probably more like a month with the COVID delays, but it's on the way and I can track it - large format deck, book, and two bags - WOOOOOOOT!

18 minutes ago, katrinka said:

I got my shipping notice. It'll still be two weeks at the very least, probably more like a month with the COVID delays, but it's on the way and I can track it - large format deck, book, and two bags - WOOOOOOOT!

Schitts Creek Applause GIF by CBC

I saw yesterday that the lockdown in Ireland is one of the most strict in Europe, so I hope that they will be able to ship everything they want!

Here that's it, it's again a lockdown for one month (from Friday), but our postal service won't stop.

Edited by Decan

This is the email I got:
"Thanks again for ordering! Your parcel is on the way

Thanks again for ordering! Your parcel is on its way to you. We send using Irish Post (An Post) . In normal times it usually takes about 2 weeks to the USA and non-EU Europe, and a little more to Australia and Asia. However, due to the coronavirus situation, international shipping is much slower than usual, so please allow at least twice as long as normal.

Also please be aware that new coronavirus restrictions mean that we can only send small parcels to the USA. If you are in the USA, your full order may arrive in more than one parcel. Please let us know if your full order has not arrived within SIX weeks. Thank you for your patience which is much appreciated.

Because of shipping conditions right now, we are wrapping wooden boxes (for our limited edition decks) in cling film as well as bubble-wrap to give extra protection. PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN UNWRAPPING as it's easy for the box to be dropped. We suggest unwrapping on a table, and NOT using scissors, as this can scratch the box. Thanks!

Please click on the "View your order" button below to see your tracking number. The tracking number is clickable if you would like to trace your parcel."

Mine left An Post Dublin Mail Centre yesterday. 😁

Edited by katrinka

It arrived this morning. 🤯 😁
Once it shipped, it traveled seemingly at the speed of light!

Loot:

random11.thumb.jpg.0dab1954b94fb66b86a593356cd26cdd.jpg

pouch.thumb.jpg.ac212299fc7f4c2f03ee6856119d8d0d.jpg

This grasshopper ballerina is what they used for the top of the box:

random.thumb.jpg.4953fa1a892f379b736ddf95ad777767.jpg

I really love what they did with the backs. Here's a comparison with the backs from the first edition:

backs.thumb.jpg.04d800d4f16cedb445b7a456e75085d4.jpg

Does the standard edition have these backs, or the lavender version of the original backs as shown on the website?

They've made some changes, added more color:

hm.thumb.jpg.ab487c26ef26136ae0e31523effbdd7c.jpg

And a rainbow:

10c.thumb.jpg.b6804f79dd04438553760fa192ae93ee.jpg

I haven't done a card-by-card comparision yet, but the crying chick is now a bear. I think it's a better fit for the card meaning:

4c.thumb.jpg.b486b3a0f992a031058bd53680825f4f.jpg

All in all, every change they made was an improvement, and the deck feels fresh and not so much of the time when I was using it a lot.  💖

I got a couple of bags, too. I purchased the owl one for the first edition:

bags.thumb.jpg.117a72b580dc4896929b43bb723b6ffd.jpg

And the book is lovely, well-written and organized, with lots of color illustrations:

book.thumb.jpg.8f1ca0984054ab1d32ead032f56d6606.jpg

Edited by katrinka