Bohemian Gothic Nearly Sold Out + Guidebook Available for Pre-order

Raggydoll

Baba studio just wrote on their Instagram that the bohemian gothic is very nearly sold out, so I thought I’d mention this here in case anyone has been thinking about purchasing it. I’m not sure if they will make another edition as they have been talking about making plans for (at least part time) retirement.

EDIT: As I just wrote in my last post, they are taking pre-orders for a reprint of the guidebook. It is a limited thing and only pre-order. And if the interest isn't big enough then they will not go ahead with it. Links to both of their shops are in the post below this one

I didn’t know that, but there is an app (that will exist beyond the physical deck)!

I have it on my cellphone (actually the texts of the book which doesn’t exist anymore are included in this app available at oceanhouse media).

Everyone should be aware that sometimes - like when we "buy" books on kindle - what we actually purchase is a 'licensee to read'

This can be rescinded at a later date, and the resource you thought you had can disappear. Make sure you back up a copy  :)

I love this deck and have it in several incarnations.

I don’t need a back up...*sits on hands*.

I have the regular and mini, but I still felt a little sting of FOMO when I read that post. (I’m not giving in to it though  ;D )

I have the Silver and the 1st Edition, and yes it is so dang hard to resist having various editions of the Baba decks .... I have 3 versions of the BBC!, and would love to have the 3rd Edition VR ~sigh~ (not to mention the limited edition Alice!)  The thought of them not making more tarot decks just makes me want to cry.

I have always found this deck looking grimly unappealing :rolleyes: :-[ I don't mean to offend any hardcore fans, I'm sure my thoughts says more about my less sophisticated taste than the quality of the deck.

But now, however, I've been doing Tarot for six months, and my taste in decks has changed somewhat. I'm still far from convinced that this deck will work for me. At least yet, but perhaps by a future version of myself.

Anyway, now I'm a soon to be happy(?) owner of a Bohemian Gothic Tarot third edition, standard :bugeyed:

I hope this will be like going to a cinema with low expectations. That's usually when I get the best experiences - when I'm pleasantly surprised.

In any case, I believe I will end up being happy to have acquired this deck while it still was available :)

Thanks for starting this thread, Raggydoll[/member].

I love this deck and have it in several incarnations.

I don’t need a back up...*sits on hands*.

I have the regular and mini, but I still felt a little sting of FOMO when I read that post. (I’m not giving in to it though  ;D )

I have the Silver and the 1st Edition, and yes it is so dang hard to resist having various editions of the Baba decks .... I have 3 versions of the BBC!, and would love to have the 3rd Edition VR ~sigh~ (not to mention the limited edition Alice!)  The thought of them not making more tarot decks just makes me want to cry.

Gosh, where do I start? I have had all incarnations of the Bohemian Gothic, and currently keep 3. Have had all the older editions of the VR, except for the mini; now keep 2. Have ALL editions of the BBC --and they'll have to pry them off my cold, dead hands! And also have the Fairytale and the Mythical Creatures. The Alice doesn't tempt me that much, but the new VR is on my wish list, as the Gold edition (which I let go of) was probably the most stunning deck I have ever laid eyes on.

They will be sorely missed, if they retire.

I have always found this deck looking grimly unappealing :rolleyes: :-[ I don't mean to offend any hardcore fans, I'm sure my thoughts says more about my less sophisticated taste than the quality of the deck.

But now, however, I've been doing Tarot for six months, and my taste in decks has changed somewhat. I'm still far from convinced that this deck will work for me. At least yet, but perhaps by a future version of myself.

Anyway, now I'm a soon to be happy(?) owner of a Bohemian Gothic Tarot third edition, standard :bugeyed:

I hope this will be like going to a cinema with low expectations. That's usually when I get the best experiences - when I'm pleasantly surprised.

In any case, I believe I will end up being happy to have acquired this deck while it still was available :)

Thanks for starting this thread, Raggydoll[/member].

The Bohemian Gothic can be an acquired taste, like the Bohemian Baroque Cats. Both are decks that I found a little stilted and more than a little silly in the beginning. Until I started to read with them, and then everything changed...

I just wanted to say that I checked out the app mentioned and it’s free for 7 days and then there is a one time purchase in-app if you want to continue to use the spreads. But the book is available for free (not sure if they restrict it after 7 days, but it doesn’t sound like that in the description). Anyways, 7 days is plenty to read, make notes etc. It was really valuable for me to finally read the original card meanings, since the book has been out of print so long.

On 4/26/2019 at 2:33 AM, Raggydoll said:

Baba studio just wrote on their Instagram that the bohemian gothic is very nearly sold out, so I thought I’d mention this here in case anyone has been thinking about purchasing it. I’m not sure if they will make another edition as they have been talking about making plans for (at least part time) retirement.

Hello All,

In case anyone might be interested, i have a First Edition Bohemian Gothic Deck for sale in my Sale Thread in Trading. If you are a Subscriber with access to it.

:bubble_blovekiss:

37 minutes ago, Hedera said:

I cannot find the Bohemian Gothic app anywhere... is it one of those that is only for iphones?

I was really excited for a minute, been searching for the book for ages (prices asked on Ebay are now in the hundreds of dollars) 😞

I have an iPhone indeed.

Here: https://www.amazon.com/Bohemian-Gothic-Tarot-Ukolov-Mahony/dp/B00KHW1A6O

steerpike

The app is not just for i-stuff. I downloaded it from Amazon and it runs fine on my Android phone.  I didn't see a free trial option on Amazon, but $9.99 to get access to the book seemed too good to pass up.

That’s great news! And I just checked, now that my free week is over, I am still able to read the information about each card it’s just the interactive spread function  that’s restricted. And I don’t even like digital readings so that’s perfectly fine with me 😊

12 minutes ago, Decan said:

On Amazon the app is for Android (minimum Android 2.2 and more, it's to check), for iPhone I bought it on Apple Store.

The app is deluxe, so a bit more expensive than the tarots app maybe.

“Deluxe” does sound good, I’m sure it was a very smart purchase. It sounded very affordable 🙂 I’m not sure if there is anything deluxe with the iPhone version but I think it looks really great 💖

@Raggydoll well, that feeling comes from the cards themselves probably, it is a classy dark deck 🙂

Otherwise I ckecked and the standard version of this deck is sold out at Baba store. The mini seems still available currently.

Edited by Decan
On 5/9/2019 at 7:52 AM, Decan said:

On Amazon the app is for Android (minimum Android 2.2 and more, it's to check), for iPhone I bought it on Apple Store.

The app is deluxe, so a bit more expensive than the tarots app maybe.

That is weird; when I go to Amazon, it says it's for iOS. 

Perhaps it is a matter of region? 

(I'm in the EU)

When I have a bit more online-spoons available, I might see if I can check with the creator.

I'm hoping to figure it out eventually! 🙂

On the subject of the deck; I really love it, it's probably my favorite Baba one (well, along with the Prague and the Alice... ;)).

It gives me very strong readings, has a brilliant and surprisingly warm sense of humour, and for some reason it feels very female-positive - not sure why.

It's also one of my favorite decks to use in summer; I like to take the opportunity of longer days & stronger daylight to work with decks that can be a bit physically dark (like the BoGo, or the Prisma Visions) or that have lots of details that get lost in gloomier weather, like the Paulina or the Shadowscapes.

The later versions of the Bohemian Gothic are a bit lighter & have more contrast than the first edition though.

19 hours ago, Hedera said:

That is weird; when I go to Amazon, it says it's for iOS. 

Perhaps it is a matter of region? 

(I'm in the EU)

When I have a bit more online-spoons available, I might see if I can check with the creator.

I'm hoping to figure it out eventually! 🙂

On the subject of the deck; I really love it, it's probably my favorite Baba one (well, along with the Prague and the Alice... ;)).

It gives me very strong readings, has a brilliant and surprisingly warm sense of humour, and for some reason it feels very female-positive - not sure why.

It's also one of my favorite decks to use in summer; I like to take the opportunity of longer days & stronger daylight to work with decks that can be a bit physically dark (like the BoGo, or the Prisma Visions) or that have lots of details that get lost in gloomier weather, like the Paulina or the Shadowscapes.

The later versions of the Bohemian Gothic are a bit lighter & have more contrast than the first edition though.

This deck is very well done and if I'm not necessarily fond of every card a majority are particularly impressive and relevant with regard to the classical meanings.

The Devil is terrible in this deck, I like as well the Fool, the Hanged Man and the Wheel.

I don't know, maybe their most perfect deck, while others are fine as well.

Of course in order to explore some shadow sides 💀

On 4/26/2019 at 7:14 PM, FLizarraga said:

Gosh, where do I start? I have had all incarnations of the Bohemian Gothic, and currently keep 3. Have had all the older editions of the VR, except for the mini; now keep 2. Have ALL editions of the BBC --and they'll have to pry them off my cold, dead hands! And also have the Fairytale and the Mythical Creatures. The Alice doesn't tempt me that much, but the new VR is on my wish list, as the Gold edition (which I let go of) was probably the most stunning deck I have ever laid eyes on.

They will be sorely missed, if they retire.

LOL I so understand how you feel!  I have Victorian Romantic Gold, Baroque Bohemian Cats 1st edition, Gold, and 2nd edition, Bohemian Gothic Silver and 1st edition, Tarot of Prague 1st edition, Fairytale, Alice 1st edition, and Fantastic Menagerie, and the Victorian Flower Oracle.  I am waiting for the colored edition of Mythical Creatures.  I would love to own the Alice Special Edition and VR 3rd edition, but if I am unable to (which is probably the case) I at least have versions of the decks that I love.

Like you, most of my MRP decks will have to be pried from my cold dead hands as well though I would trade the 2nd edition BBC for the 3rd edition VR in a heart beat, and would consider trading the ToP and BBC 2nd edition for the Special Edition Alice.