Skip to content

Al-Jazeera’s The Stream is doing an episode on Astrology

Featured Replies

Here’s the URL for it:

 

It’s supposed to be on April 30 (IDK what timezone, so best to check on the link above).

 

The Stream is an interactive show (it’s not staged, and I know because they did feature my tweet on an old episode about decriminalisation/legalisation of sex work in like 2013). I heard a lot of interactive radio shows in the US are staged, this one is real tho.

 

You can tweet them here:

 

I’m not sure how it’ll go, but AFAIK these people should be safe/open-minded to deal with. IIRC, they also did a documentart on contributions of Islam to science—unless I’m confusing that with something the BBC did (so they’re good about reconciling spiritual and material world). Hopefully they’ll be kind, thoughtful, and respectful (though I can’t guarantee how you’ll be treated if you participate since I don’t run the show).

  • Author

It's already aired I think. Saw a notification on my YouTube app 3 hours ago during my sleeping hours (I'm at +7 hours GMT).

 

Last time I checked, there were more dislikes than liked on the video. And now I'm afraid to look. 😖🙈

  • Author

I mean they were kind enough to me on Twitter, but I think the audience might get nasty.

I mean they were kind enough to me on Twitter, but I think the audience might get nasty.

I just watched it.  I didn't post in the chat, I would never do that! lololol  It was ok.  I like Al Jezeera and used to watch it when it was aired here in the states.  They said a lot of what I believe also only substitute the word astrology for tarot.  Since 2016 people have needed more spirituality in their lives and as much as I believe in astrology, I think tarot satisfies the need better. 

  • Author

Ooooooh more people liked it than disliked (by a small margin).  :bok:

 

I'll report back after I've watched it Saturn Celeste[/member] glad you saw it and thought it was okay.  :bthumbsup:

  • Author

Awwwww, they were totally unbiased and open-minded about it. I’m so touched. 😭😭😭😭😭 <— happy tears

 

I mean they were kind enough to me on Twitter, but I think the audience might get nasty.

I just watched it.  I didn't post in the chat, I would never do that! lololol  It was ok.  I like Al Jezeera and used to watch it when it was aired here in the states.  They said a lot of what I believe also only substitute the word astrology for tarot.  Since 2016 people have needed more spirituality in their lives and as much as I believe in astrology, I think tarot satisfies the need better. 

 

The woman who introduced me to astrology had an interesting story about how she got her first deck. She said she’d always wanted one as a child but couldn’t find any because she grew up in a small town where they didn’t have esoteric shops.

 

One day her father found on a train during a business trip or something (like someone had just left it there).

 

She tried it but IIRC she ended up jiving better with astrology because hoomans can’t manipulate celestial objects (LOLOLOL and so I created/wrote a fictional character who could LOL).

 

Whereas with Cartomancy, you have to trust the reader to have self-restraint. But I have seen it in some people! Tehy will stage tarot Readings to suit theiir needs and manipulate others.

 

Not trying to trash Cartomancy/Tarot (just sharing a story). I do love me my Lenormand!

  • Author

Also, two things:

 

1. The first thing one one of the sources talks about is Saturn Rx (NOOOOOOOOO LOL)

 

2. They threw shade on Scorpios. classic. 👏🏼😂😂😂🤣😂✨

 

i'm so amused. ♏️

  • Author

OH. Oh dear. It just occurred to me while I was in the shower (where I’m the most clear-headed and where I get my ideas). 🚿

 

This thread should have been posted on the astrology sub-forum because this is for “TAROT in the media”, oops sorry mods. 🛁🌊

 

🙏🏼

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.