The King of Wands

TekkieTarot

TekkieTarot

Hello everybody! So I wanted to know if anybody would be willing to share their thoughts, feelings and experiences with this card. I like the king of wands kinda sorta lol. But I really see him as the bachelor of the deck, he loves the ladies and the spotlight. To me he’s a cheater as well but he’s not like the knight of wands a flighty lover, no he’s the kinda of lover who’s very charming so it’s hard to want to let him go. And not to mention he’s attractive (my ex pops up as the king of wands now). But he is definitely a ladies man and he can be domineering as well as bossy. But once again he knows how to inject his charm and charisma so he doesn’t seem bossy and domineering. He’s a leader and likes to be in charge as well he takes action but idk the king of wands is any interesting card for sure lol. So if anybody wants to share their feelings, thoughts and experiences with this king. I would really appreciate it.

This King is often hard to win over, you have to capture his attention and loyalty. It is possible but also he is charming, a romancer and the radiating energy in any room or social occasion. I think he is loyal if you win him over but would be a terrible flirt in a social setting, not necessarily a cheater.

The other side of this King is someone who is so in to their passions, maybe their career / job or interests that they have no interest or time for romance. I know someone like this, they were so into their wakeboarding (like water skiing but with a snowboard type board behind a boat or a line mechanically pulling you around a lake type place) they were always single and had no fire energy for anything but their sport! They were like this for 30 years and finally married but has reduced the time and energy in their sport now (also I think getting older, so it's harder to do it now).

I think the key to looking at this card in people is their fire energy, their passions, their goals, confident and positive minded. For a monogamous relationship you really do have to win his attention over 🙂

Edited by DanielJUK

Hey

I think you described very well the knight of wands not the king.

The king is a king.  He is very sexual yes and may he will fliert even he is involved emotionally to someone but i dont think that ge sis cheater. He is passionate and has a fiery personality he is a hero for women if you win his heart in my opinion

Edited by amaya1

I also read a description of the King of Wands as being someone possibly creative about what he is able to do... Actually I understood that some exaggerations are possible to call attention to himself and give the impression of being more important than he actually is.

Well, it can depend on the deck we use maybe, difficult to be sure on my part, just some thoughts 🙂 

Edited by Decan

I associate Wands with Aries. The Knight is a hit-and-run fiery lover but the King has learned some lessons---like the sweetness of a monogamous relationship where the heat can smolder but be fanned to a flame when the urge moves him and a partner and doesn't have to be pursued and woo'd every time.  His experiences as a Knight have helped him to find what he really wants in one partner. That's not to say that the King might not fall off his monogamous path if the right circumstances came along but he isn't very likely to. 

TekkieTarot
18 hours ago, Grizabella said:

I associate Wands with Aries. The Knight is a hit-and-run fiery lover but the King has learned some lessons---like the sweetness of a monogamous relationship where the heat can smolder but be fanned to a flame when the urge moves him and a partner and doesn't have to be pursued and woo'd every time.  His experiences as a Knight have helped him to find what he really wants in one partner. That's not to say that the King might not fall off his monogamous path if the right circumstances came along but he isn't very likely to. 

Wow it’s so crazy to see a comment from you and DanielJuk when I started practicing tarot last year I came across the website acelectic tarot. I read through just about all the archived forums in the using tarot section and I have read so many wonderful answers from you and DanielJuk. It’s so surreal seeing a comment from you guys. 

Would anyone be so kind as to share considerations on the King of Wands reversed in a reading? I understand "Impulsiveness, haste, ruthless, high expectations", but if this card is supposed to give a context - describe a situation - what do you think it might be? Thank you! 

DanielJUK

In a situation, I would say the upright leadership of the King of Wands is reversed, we have someone acting recklessly, domineering and not being a good leader at all. This is fire in a negative form, they could just be bad at it or even verging to being ruthless. They can be arrogant, overbearing and have this real proud ego. There is also however a lack of direction or not achieving goals, they won't make any progress.. They don't make targets or complete anything. The biggest part of this, is having too high expectations as a situation. Like you really think someone is good at managing something but they are not or just bad at it. I think the reversal is about managing expectations. Mary Greer's reversals book also says this can be overthrowing a leader or idea.

Taking this topically to the New Year, this is making resolutions that there is no way you will be able to keep. So make something that is realistic, manageable and within expectations. This is a card to use SMART goals for, keep it realistic. Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed 🙂 .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.