Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Decan

I found out casually a deck named Madame Maeve's Len-Oracle (by Lynn Boyle).

These are actually the Teuila cards with additional cards created along the same lines (from Lenormand with also other cards added), therefore a blend.

When we mix at least 2 different systems in one deck I’m wondering how to read the cards 🙄

Edited by Decan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katrinka
4 hours ago, Decan said:

When we mix at least 2 different systems in one deck I’m wondering how to read the cards 🙄

She made an Australian Lenormand once and used a dingo for the Fox card. Dingos are wild dogs.
I try to avoid looking at her decks. Too much "arrrrggh."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bastetly
12 hours ago, Decan said:

I found out casually a deck named Madame Maeve's Len-Oracle (by Lynn Boyle).

These are actually the Teuila cards with additional cards created along the same lines (from Lenormand with also other cards added), therefore a blend.

When we mix at least 2 different systems in one deck I’m wondering how to read the cards 🙄

Who really knows??   But I must say that when I went to etsy to find that deck, at least it's one of her more attractive decks.  I enjoyed looking and I don't usually.  For the curious here's her deck  Madame Maeve's Len Oracle

 

 ps Decan: i love when you say you found out something "casually" ==>  I immediately went looking through the groups on FB!   but ended doing a Maeve Len Boyle search instead...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Decan

Yes indeed, it was on a Facebook group, actually Lynn Boyle posted a spread with her oracle and I was wondering about the cards because they reminded me the Teuila cards' style.

Otherwise, I guess it is possible to use it or as a Lenormand (by puting aside the other cards), or as the Teuila cards (by puting aside the other cards), so...

In this deck the Fox isn't a Dingo, I checked, so it's okay, if it hadn't been the case... 🤪

Edited by Decan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katrinka
22 hours ago, Decan said:

Otherwise, I guess it is possible to use it or as a Lenormand (by puting aside the other cards), or as the Teuila cards (by puting aside the other cards), so...

If there's a complete set of Lenormand and a complete set of Teuila in her deck (which I doubt) then yes, OK.
These things are systems rather than just decks. Very easy to screw up.

22 hours ago, Decan said:

In this deck the Fox isn't a Dingo, I checked, so it's okay, if it hadn't been the case... 🤪

Is it this fox? 😈

 

Capture.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Decan
11 hours ago, katrinka said:

Capture.PNG

Om my! Poor boy! he needs a good doctor!! 🤪

 

Well, I took a closer look at this deck (I don't have it), and as a hybrid deck I can see some problems even if we can appreciate it for its particular style.

It's just my opinion though, nothing more!

I'm afraid that to mix 2 different systems is wonky in this particular case; I elaborate a bit below. For the additional cards which don't refer to Lenormand or to the Teuila cards it's not really a problem though, but it can be for example for the following cards I saw online:

34. Fish in Lenormand this card is the money card, but in the Teuila cards it has nothing to do with money but means disappointment (there is a different card in the Teuila for money).

3. Ship in Lenormand is travel abroad and business but in the Teuila cards it is just the wish card, nothing else.

26. Book in Lenormand means study but also secret, in the Teuila this card means study but not secrets.

4. The Bouquet in Lenormand means a gift or a pleasant woman, in the Teuila this card means affection and kisses and actually there is a different card for a gift in the Teuila.

12. The birds mean talks and short duration problems in Lenormand but in the Teuila the Blue Birds just mean happiness.

But for the following cards both in Lenormand and in the Teuila cards the meanings are about the same:

Dog, Snake, Heart, Letter, Sun.

Well, it could be very confusing finally... or we have to forget completely these 2 systems and read it like a modern oracle (i.e. free style). Not the way I see things but possible I guess.

Edited by Decan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katrinka
31 minutes ago, Decan said:

Om my! Poor boy! he needs a good doctor!! 🤪                                                                                                                                                                           

Dog, Snake, Heart, Letter, Sun.

Well, it could be very confusing finally... or we have to forget completely these 2 systems and read it like a modern oracle (i.e. free style). Not the way I see things but possible I guess.

STAHP. My my head hurts.

Just kidding. That's a good illustration of how irreconcilable the two systems are!
Some people don't concern themselves with things like card meanings or whether a deck can be used effectively. They just crank out deck, after deck, after deck...
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bastetly
23 minutes ago, katrinka said:

STAHP. My my head hurts.

Just kidding. That's a good illustration of how irreconcilable the two systems are!
Some people don't concern themselves with things like card meanings or whether a deck can be used effectively. They just crank out deck, after deck, after deck...
 

I wuv dat widdow fox ❤️

 

I can't believe I read the whole thing either lol. 

Outstanding work Decan!  

Boyle, Musrick, Debonehead ===> a new deck every freakin week, frequently riding every last cartomancy trend.   And Len-Oracles:   What a racket.  What a dumping ground!

Edited by bastetly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katrinka

 

55 minutes ago, bastetly said:

I wuv dat widdow fox ❤️

 

I can't believe I read the whole thing either lol. 

Outstanding work Decan!  

Boyle, Musrick, Debonehead ===> a new deck every freakin week, frequently riding every last cartomancy trend.   And Len-Oracles:   What a racket.  What a dumping ground!

YES.
I remember Deboned Head coming out with a "Kipper" deck two days after Malkiel made a video about the deck, back in the early 2010's. He'd never even heard of Kipper before that.

I try to avoid that whole crowd, but Debono has an especially creepy vibe, like a Luka Magnotta sex murder waiting to happen. All he ever did was spam places advertising his decks and post mostly naked pictures of himself with his mouth hanging open. He obviously banked on selling himself as a fortune-reader/boytoy, and he had a collection of chubby, lonely hausfrau groupies.
I stopped interacting with him years ago, he was overly familiar and creepy AF.

ETA: Nobody delivers a line like Bette!

 

Edited by katrinka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bastetly

Can't imagine what possible would creep you out about P. DeB ?   He's actually been rather rude to my queries.  Just real short and o-so-BRIEF cuz I'm only asking about maybe one deck.  Some sellers are always gracious, no matter how small the sale, so I've come to expect that.  Silly me.  I've never interacted w Lynn or Alexandre,  And w their near 100 decks on sale btw the 2 of them, I still can't find one to inquire about !

 

Say, how does one produce a new deck in 2 days??

 

And what's more, how do you KNOW about his Kipper knowledge, pre-2010? 

 

I'll go make some popcorn in honor of the beginning of the Anglo genocide of our indiginous neighbors, while I wait for your answers.  I have no family nor friends to feast with today, so I'm bitter LOL 😄

 

I can't stand the idea of another turkey slaughtered for this.  Birds are quite sensitive creatures.  They will be-friend you!

 

Per our Thread Topic, I found this quote by Tag Jorrit on the Teuila Cards (and I did not know this):  The original creator used them to tell fortunes at the palace of Hawaiian King Kalakaua in the early 1880s. She later moved to Samoa where the natives there named her Teuila. Here are a few of her cards.

Edited by bastetly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katrinka
22 hours ago, bastetly said:

Can't imagine what possible would creep you out about P. DeB ?   

You're joking, right?
I've had him blocked for five or six years now, but until I did, there was a time when I couldn't visit facebook card groups without seeing his little underwear bulge and his tongue hanging out of his mouth. Utter sleaze.

Quote

He's actually been rather rude to my queries.  Just real short and o-so-BRIEF cuz I'm only asking about maybe one deck. 

You're extremely fortunate.
He could have flirted. He does that. It makes you want to scrub yourself bloody.

Quote

Some sellers are always gracious, no matter how small the sale, so I've come to expect that.  Silly me.  I've never interacted w Lynn or Alexandre,  And w their near 100 decks on sale btw the 2 of them, I still can't find one to inquire about !

#FirstWorldProblems
I wouldn't bother. 😉

Quote

 

Say, how does one produce a new deck in 2 days??

List the card titles and find photos that kinda-sorta fit, except when they don't.

Quote

 

And what's more, how do you KNOW about his Kipper knowledge, pre-2010? 

From looking at that deck he made, for one thing.
From the fact that he didn't offer a Kipper deck prior to Malkiel's video. When he knows about something, he makes a bad deck of it.
Oh, and he admitted it to Malkiel.

Quote

I'll go make some popcorn in honor of the beginning of the Anglo genocide of our indiginous neighbors, while I wait for your answers.  I have no family nor friends to feast with today, so I'm bitter LOL 😄

 

I can't stand the idea of another turkey slaughtered for this.  Birds are quite sensitive creatures.  They will be-friend you!

It's a weird holiday - celebrate genocide and gorge on meat. Barbaric. Ugh.
And it's a major one, one of the very few where a lot of stores actually close. There needs to be more of those, more days for families to touch base, but they really should have come up with something else.

Quote

Per our Thread Topic, I found this quote by Tag Jorrit on the Teuila Cards (and I did not know this):  The original creator used them to tell fortunes at the palace of Hawaiian King Kalakaua in the early 1880s. She later moved to Samoa where the natives there named her Teuila. Here are a few of her cards.

Yes, and she wrote a book about it. I think it's mentioned ITT. 😉

Edited by katrinka
fixed typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bastetly

Hi @katrinka:  Yes I was joking, but you may have been in a hurry.  I wasn't expecting you to miss my underlined links!  Check them out lol.  They are public posts on his Pinterest page.  I'm so glad he did not engage me.  I have some ptsd fm enduring many unwanted convos (prob more pornographic) like that when I was younger, and afraid to speak up and stop them dead in their tracks.     

 

I do wish Thanksgiving was a different day,  instead of celebrating what really was "Plymouth Rock landed on us!"   I believe "they" were the gracious ones that allowed my unprepared ancestors to survive those harsh winters and humid summers without starving/freezing to death.  And those actually were my exact ancestors they helped. 

Now I realize I am "preaching to the choir" here: 

Thanksgiving message fm Leonard Peltier read by Mumia Abu-Jamal.  

 

Now I had Isobel's book in my tabs, and it has disappeared so I've never finished reading it!  My focus is always shorter when reading books online .... but I was enjoying it.  I'll retrieve the link fm this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katrinka
37 minutes ago, bastetly said:

Hi @katrinka:  Yes I was joking, but you may have been in a hurry.  I wasn't expecting you to miss my underlined links! 

ACCCCKKKKKKKK!!!! EW.
Yeah, that kind of thing: "Look at me, I sniff shoes!" "Look at me, I have my junk in my hand!"

37 minutes ago, bastetly said:

Check them out lol.  They are public posts on his Pinterest page.  I'm so glad he did not engage me.  I have some ptsd fm enduring many unwanted convos (prob more pornographic) like that when I was younger, and afraid to speak up and stop them dead in their tracks. 

We all have that PTSD, I think. I never had a problem speaking up - or glassing them between the eyes, for that matter - but it didn't stop the nasty comments and sometimes even damn touching from happening. Because perverts are STUPID.

37 minutes ago, bastetly said:

 

I do wish Thanksgiving was a different day,  instead of celebrating what really was "Plymouth Rock landed on us!"   I believe "they" were the gracious ones that allowed my unprepared ancestors to survive those harsh winters and humid summers without starving/freezing to death.  And those actually were my exact ancestors they helped. 

Now I realize I am "preaching to the choir" here: 

Thanksgiving message fm Leonard Peltier read by Mumia Abu-Jamal.  

Leonard and Mumia. ❤️😪
 They see through the BS.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Decan

The pics are surprising, it doesn't sound very professional I'm afraid. Actually one of the main places in Paris where someone can appear dressed that way (or undressed that way) is au bois de Boulogne. Well... 🤪

Edited by Decan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katrinka
3 hours ago, Decan said:

The pics are surprising, it doesn't sound very professional I'm afraid. Actually one of the main places in Paris where someone can appear dressed that way (or undressed that way) is au bois de Boulogne. Well... 🤪

I'm guessing that's a red light district?
One expects to see sex workers plying their trade in such places. Not in facebook Lenormand groups. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Decan
35 minutes ago, katrinka said:

I'm guessing that's a red light district?

Lol absolutely! Not exactly a district but a wood in Paris; all French people know "what it is about" when they hear le bois de Boulogne. Of course a no-go-zone, infamous and dangerous!

It's part of the creepy French culture I'm afraid. But most of the places are respectable though!

 

To stick with the Teuila cards I think that the following cards can fit with what you were talking about above. But other cards could fit too maybe.

 

teuila10.jpg

Edited by Decan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bastetly
7 hours ago, Decan said:

To stick with the Teuila cards I think that the following cards can fit with what you were talking about above. But other cards could fit too maybe.

 

teuila10.jpg

Edited 7 hours ago by Decan

I don't do photos (ah well) but I'm not sure about the Flowers and Butterflies card #8 = affection and kisses?? LOL.

Maybe I would substitute the Fan #16 = flirtation, and Money #18 = wealth.  The Peacock (pride) next to the Devil (calamity) means shame!  :egyptian:  And Devil next to the Volcano (excitement) means debauchery or kinky perhaps.  But that Devil is looking at the Peacock so "for SHAME!"  ❌🍆👈🏽🖕🏽❌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katrinka
8 hours ago, Decan said:

Lol absolutely! Not exactly a district but a wood in Paris; all French people know "what it is about" when they hear le bois de Boulogne. Of course a no-go-zone, infamous and dangerous!

It's part of the creepy French culture I'm afraid. But most of the places are respectable though!

 

To stick with the Teuila cards I think that the following cards can fit with what you were talking about above. But other cards could fit too maybe.

 

teuila10.jpg

Or alternately, 

1858482442_20191130_1320542.thumb.jpg.cdfd29fea60c2ef4b61d5daade8f0038.jpg

One must guard against communicable illness in such situations, lol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bastetly

Good Lord 🤪  @katrinka, may I ask what kind of cameras you use 1) for the above and 2) for your blog?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Decan

You can see that I don’t use enough my Teuila even if love them!

Hmm, yes I can definitely imagine the Fan card here, and some other cards you point out for such a situation...

The Factory between the Fan and the Knife makes me scared...freaky combinations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katrinka
10 minutes ago, Decan said:

You can see that I don’t use enough my Teuila even if love them!

I need to use mine more, too.
(I'm spread too thin. I need to pick ONE deck that isn't Lenormand or Tarot and put the others away for awhile.)

Quote

Hmm, yes I can definitely imagine the Fan card here, and some other cards you point out for such a situation...

The Factory between the Fan and the Knife makes me scared...freaky combinations!

It's the business card. But yes, it could imply LOTS of microbes and viruses, ever multiplying...🙀

The dripping dagger carries a lot of meaning here.

Edited by katrinka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katrinka
11 minutes ago, bastetly said:

Good Lord 🤪  @katrinka, may I ask what kind of cameras you use 1) for the above and 2) for your blog?

It's just my Android. An old LG Stylo 3. I cropped the image.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bastetly
24 minutes ago, katrinka said:

The dripping dagger carries a lot of meaning here.

my my my it sure does and now I can't unsee that either!  

 

25 minutes ago, katrinka said:

It's just my Android. An old LG Stylo 3. I cropped the image.

I assume that's a smart-phone....I don't have one yet, but am planning a trip to the Verizon store soon.  I need photo, video and recording capacity.  I want to post some pics of my own once in awhile! and I need to start documenting the neighbors 😈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katrinka
32 minutes ago, bastetly said:

my my my it sure does and now I can't unsee that either!  

 

I assume that's a smart-phone....I don't have one yet, but am planning a trip to the Verizon store soon.  I need photo, video and recording capacity.  I want to post some pics of my own once in awhile! and I need to start documenting the neighbors 😈

Yes, a smartphone...not that expensive, especially compared to the iOS stuff, and you get a little stylus that fits right into the phone when you're not using it. (I stink at typing on glass with my thumbs.) https://www.boostmobile.com/phones/lg-stylo-5.html
(I see they're up to a Stylo 5 already!) I like the service at Boost, too. I pay $35 a month for unlimited talk and text, and plenty of internet. Enough for most purposes. If I wanted to call international or send videos, I could just put  little extra cash on my account. And there's no contract.

What are your neighbors getting up to? (Maybe we could throw some Teuila cards and keep things on topic!)

Edited by katrinka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.