Kickstarter Uusi Materia Prima: an Expression of Matter

AJ-ish/Sharyn

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1244376122/materia-prima?ref=section-homepage-projectcollection-3-staff-picks-newest

oddly enough I just read a book about the periodic tables...I'm all over this! I only see the extra cards that make up the whole table, but I'm think this would make a great oracle. I look forward to what they come up with for the standard deck. 

I just got the deck today. It's beautiful but I'll definitely be using it more as an oracle rather than tarot. 

I don't think it was ever meant as a tarot, the Elements numbers vs. tarot's numbering would be a forcing that just wouldn't fit. 

I spent last week working with it and hold it in very high regard, but without a chemistry degree I wouldn't be using it in readings for someone else 😉 

Amberjune

Mine arrived a couple of days ago. Once again I am just blown away by the quality of Uusi's decks. Love the cards stock.  And the gold is so luxurious.  Definitely glad I got the book as well. And it keeps calling me, and keep wanting to take it out and spend more time with it.

Might use it as my oracle for my year ahead spread on New Years Eve...

I'm quite torn over getting the book, but 35 dollars. Erm. I don't think so. I doubt this will ever be a deck set going for 700.00 on Ebay.

The thought of using it for a year end/beginning spread is very good. Unfamiliar images and something that hasn't been brought to the cards before, unlike astrology or elements (small e) or whatever that I've no doubt got a lot of preconceived ideas about.

I'd also need to use a spread I've not used before, although a wheel is a very good base, just months and seasons, and sabbats. Food for thought, thank you! 

Amberjune

Yeah, that is pricey. There is one lyrical paragraph per card plus a number of keywords for every card. Not super extensive (and not very science-y), but just enough to give you some ideas, invoke some images. I'm glad I have it, just to have a jumping off point, but am unsure whether I would recommend the book.

One pet peeve: the cards are not listed alphabetically and also not by periodic number but by group (metalloids, halogens, "expression of matter" etc.). To find the text for your card, you need to either be familiar with these groups or read through the index until you find your element.