Decks In Tins

Grizabella

I don't know if anyone has compiled a list like this. If they did here, please share a link.

If there's no list already created, I'm starting one and if one already exists, I'll just let the mods delete mine.  Here's the ones I know of and the ones with *s will be the ones I know are still in print.

*Halloween

*Radiant Rider Waite

*Aquarian

*Zillich

*Vanessa

*Gummy Bear

*The Wonderland Tarot

*A Tarot in a Tin

*RWS Centennial

*Morgan Greer  

*Barbara Walker

*Sun and Moon

*Universal Waite

*White Sage

Are there more either in or out of print? I actually thought the Vanessa and Gummy Bear weren't offered anymore but I was wrong. I saw them just yesterday still in print.

Here are some I wish could come out in tins:

Bonefire

Everyday by Poppy Palin

New Palladini

I also wish Lo Scarabeo would start producing decks in tins instead of the minis. Or in addition to minis, anyway.

On 9/13/2019 at 4:51 PM, Grizabella said:

I don't know if anyone has compiled a list like this. If they did here, please share a link.

If there's no list already created, I'm starting one and if one already exists, I'll just let the mods delete mine.  Here's the ones I know of and the ones with *s will be the ones I know are still in print.

*Halloween

*Radiant Rider Waite

*Aquarian

*Zillich

*Vanessa

*Gummy Bear

*The Wonderland Tarot

*A Tarot in a Tin

*RWS Centennial

*Morgan Greer  

*Barbara Walker

*Sun and Moon

*Universal Waite

*White Sage

Are there more either in or out of print? I actually thought the Vanessa and Gummy Bear weren't offered anymore but I was wrong. I saw them just yesterday still in print.

Here are some I wish could come out in tins:

Bonefire

Everyday by Poppy Palin

New Palladini

I also wish Lo Scarabeo would start producing decks in tins instead of the minis. Or in addition to minis, anyway.

Tarot de Maria Celia comes in a tin.

I’m not sure you want to add Lenormand, but both Pixies Astounding Lenormand and  Fairy Tale Lenormand are in tins.

Edited by Czenzi

Oh wow, thanks everyone. I kind of missed seeing all these posts till now.  

I have Pixie's Lenormand but I didn't really like that one  I use the tin to house my pocket Rider Waite.

I want to get the Fairy Tale Lenormand in a Tin, though.

I'm going to go check out the others now. I haven't heard of them.

The Tarot Maria Celia and the Mini Rosetta are beautiful. I haven't worked with Marseilles decks yet so those are attractive to me.

The Wayward Dark wouldn't be my style but as a deck in a tin in a collection for the collection's sake I might consider it.

The Pam's Vintage Bridge Size is appealing and I just might want to get that one, too.

Of special interest is to get a Wickwillow in a tin. I was going to get one in each color originally and then disaster hit my financial state during the time when I thought I was going to be able to do it and I missed out entirely on the ones in tins. I have a Wickwillow without a tin, though, and it's a precious deck to me. 

Gotta go back and explore the link to Pam's Vintage one again.

My little sun & Moon tarot deck came in a tin deck (already part of your list). For someone who likes to store Tarot in their original boxes, it was a bonus 🙂.

Edited by ashwsh

9 hours ago, bastetly said:

I wish Pam's Vintage Tarot-bridge size came in a tin!  hint hint @reall.  I guess I will have to make my own. I will line it w felt and find a tin w a window.

heh, thank you everyone!^^ I've actually asked gamecrafter if they can get tins for my Bridge size decks via their laboratory option but no reply so far!;D

btw gamecrafter got cardstock upgrade recently to 320gsm & should be best pod now!;D

Edited by reall

I'm sorry I haven't kept up very well with this thread. I tend to lose my threads sometimes if there's a lot going on in my life. You wouldn't think a retired old lady living in a mountain wilderness would have that much going on but don't mistake it----life can still be pretty darned lively. 😊

So far I now have 10 decks in tins and I'm hoping to eventually add to the collection. I've never been a collector but the tins are so handy, protect decks so well, and the small size of the decks are so helpful for me that I'm declaring myself a collector of Tarot in tins now.

Besides, I've discovered three new avenues of study in collecting tinned decks. One is the White Sage, which deals with chakras. I've never gotten into studying those before. Then the Zillich is based on Thoth, which I also haven't studied but I love the deck enough to keep learning Thoth to the extent my old brain can absorb it.

And finally, the Barbara Walker deck. I've never paid attention to the Barbara Walker before but now I'm quite fascinated with it. There's a spread in her book on Tarot called the Yoni Yantra (also called the Kali Yantra) that I want to eventually be able to offer on my website. It's a huge spread, but very intriguing. 

2 hours ago, bastetly said:

Thanks reall!  When I get my new password I will vote.  What does it mean "Yes plus 15 points"??

That would be great!;D you got points when you order something on gamecrafter so you can use these to vote so +15points adds more points to your vote?;)

hope more people will vote Yes so we can make this happen!;)

@Arcadia agree! thank you! hopefully more people will do same!:) i'm up to create ig post to help me reach more people to vote?;D

Hopefully, someone will have the missing info for this post.  Otherwise it's kinda useless but...Ciro Marchetti had the 1st edition of one of his later decks in a tin.  I'm sorry I can't remember which one now but I know it sold out and next edition didn't have a tin.

I have to say I am surprised. I own all his decks, and I don't recall a single one in a tin.... I'll ask him. He is sure to know !

ETA it was the Retrospective. The first, limited, edition was sold in a tin but they got damaged too easily. He then sold another, also limited, edition of it in a satin bag (that's the one I have) but it's sold out too.

Edited by gregory

Wow, this shows how out of the loop I am with Tarot in the recent couple of years. I didn't know Ciro had sold a deck in a tin and I didn't know he had a deck called the Retrospective, either. The latest of his work that I knew about were his Kipper and the Lenormand expanded edition.

3 hours ago, ballerina said:

Hopefully, someone will have the missing info for this post.  Otherwise it's kinda useless but...Ciro Marchetti had the 1st edition of one of his later decks in a tin.  I'm sorry I can't remember which one now but I know it sold out and next edition didn't have a tin.

yes, he did I know bc I'm Big fan of his deck & know it!;D

But not tin i'm looking for as if memory serves me it was that *window type bit larger?x,x & I prefer solid sleek tins!;) just got my from mpc & must say I like their quality type & size best as imo it can easy fit 80/90 card deck & or thin booklet?;) wish they have this *deep tin for their bridge/poker size decks as well!;D

eta; @gregory it may be that window type tin I find not safe to ship?;D lol

Edited by reall

52 minutes ago, Grizabella said:

Wow, this shows how out of the loop I am with Tarot in the recent couple of years. I didn't know Ciro had sold a deck in a tin and I didn't know he had a deck called the Retrospective, either. The latest of his work that I knew about were his Kipper and the Lenormand expanded edition.

heh, you probably don't know about his new deck with *red gilded edges!;D

What an enabler you are, reall!  🤩 I love Ciro's work but I wasn't familiar with this one either. RED gilded edges??? Be still, my heart!  Red is my favorite color. I have red all over my house stem to stern. I haven't had a Tarot wishlist for new works for a few years now but I'm going to have to start with this one.  😄

7 minutes ago, Grizabella said:

What an enabler you are, reall!  🤩 I love Ciro's work but I wasn't familiar with this one either. RED gilded edges??? Be still, my heart!  Red is my favorite color. I have red all over my house stem to stern. I haven't had a Tarot wishlist for new works for a few years now but I'm going to have to start with this one.  😄

Haha! That's Exactly my point/reaction seeing it! don''t think anyone did *RED  gilded edges before?x,x at least Not This Good!xD lolz

p.s top of my *Christmas Under Tree wish list!xD *wink wink*

Edited by reall

27 minutes ago, reall said:

heh, you probably don't know about his new deck with *red gilded edges!;D

I did know actually :classic_wink: