Skip to content

The Hoodoo Tarot

Featured Replies

  • Author

I need to check those reviews @katrinka (love the channel you linked to, I often watch her content). I find this deck interesting. I did however hear quite recently someone call this deck “a very controversial one” and they said something about there being upset root workers. I don’t know anything specific so I thought any of you would know what the controversy was about? 

7 hours ago, Raggydoll said:

I need to check those reviews @katrinka (love the channel you linked to, I often watch her content). I find this deck interesting. I did however hear quite recently someone call this deck “a very controversial one” and they said something about there being upset root workers. I don’t know anything specific so I thought any of you would know what the controversy was about? 

I haven't heard anything yet. I do have the deck and book, and haven't noticed anything untoward. At least there's nothing glaringly obvious. I need to look into this and see what it's about. It might be nothing (anything you do is going to upset somebody), or the concerns could be quite valid. I need to investigate. Thank you!

OK. I obviously didn't read the whole internet (I just feel like I did, ai yi yi...) and I haven't heard back from everyone. But I've been deep diving conjure blogs, deck and book reviews, youtube reviews and comments (which, as a rule, can turn nasty pretty easily), facebook (also a place that's quick to turn nasty), odd mentions (there's even a little thread about the H.T. on Lipstick Alley!), as well as going through the deck and book again, and...nothing.

I've never seen such a consensus on a deck and book set. Everybody loves it. And the biggest rave reviews are from POC.

If anyone finds out what the supposed controversy is, I'd like to know. There is no exploitation or appropriation, everything is meticulously researched and respectfully done.

Edited by katrinka

  • Author
1 hour ago, katrinka said:

OK. I obviously didn't read the whole internet (I just feel like I did, ai yi yi...) and I haven't heard back from everyone. But I've been deep diving conjure blogs, deck and book reviews, youtube reviews and comments (which, as a rule, can turn nasty pretty easily), facebook (also a place that's quick to turn nasty), odd mentions (there's even a little thread about the H.T. on Lipstick Alley!), as well as going through the deck and book again, and...nothing.

I've never seen such a consensus on a deck and book set. Everybody loves it. And the biggest rave reviews are from POC.

If anyone finds out what the supposed controversy is, I'd like to know. There is no exploitation or appropriation, everything is meticulously researched and respectfully done.

Sounds wonderful! I’ll be looking into getting this deck later on 👍👍

I think you'll like it. A lot. 😊

I didn't order this set for now. Good to know regarding the book because except the cards, the book would be an important part of my interest regarding this set.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.