Symph

Tonight I Saw Firsthand The Power of Tarot

Symph

I say all the time what a crazy journey this has been for me.  I don't need to go into why but just... getting into this world of Tarot has been a trip.  And I have been wrestling with the question of why I want to do this.  At first I had these ideas of how I was gonna read Tarot so differently and from my own vantage point of mystical christian values.  Then I get on this forum and it becomes apparent that my values don't necessarily make sense in the world of Tarot, and something different is going on.  I kept doing readings but I felt weird, I wasn't sure of what I was doing anymore.  I started to wonder if this was even good, and yet the fascination was there, I adore my decks, I adore these people, I adore my mentor, I adore the books I'm reading, and I am noticing constant change in my character.  Well.... Tonight everything shifted and I mean like... my path became CLEAR.

A friend of my wife's came over.  He knocked on our door in the middle of the night, this has never happened before, he didn't call or anything.  I let him in, he's crying.  He begins telling us how he has decided he has to move back to his hometown because he is having problems with his fiancee and they are calling off the wedding, he moved down here for her.  As he continues to talk I begin to see that this isn't really going anywhere.  He's talking in circles, we don't know how to help him.  Something in me keeps feeling like "we need an energetic change, this is draining everyone involved" and while very hesitant I say "Would you like to see what the Tarot has to say?"  

He says yes.  I do a celtic cross with the Bowie deck.  (He was over last week and I showed him the deck and he loved it, so I figured he already had an energetic bond)  

As I shuffle the cards, a more powerful energy than I'm used to overtakes me.  I am used to feeling energies when reading for this forum, but it was like, because he was HERE, in front of me, because his emotions were so serious, because huge changes were taking place, I could feel everything so much.  Normally I pull very slowly from the decks hoping my energy will pull the right cards while I listen etc, I suddenly just knew that didn't even matter and I just threw out the top 10 cards from the deck in a celtic cross.  

I begin turning over the cards and just saying whatever comes out, my energy locked onto this guy's energy.  I had some moments where I lost my connection, but I just kept going.  As soon as I finish the last card?  He bursts into tears.  Now here's where it's nuts, the last card was the 10 of wands.  I was shocked to see it, it threw me off and seemed like it didn't go well with the rest of the reading.  And then he bursts into tears I'm like "Did that hit?"  After he gains his composure he explains how the whole reading had been reminding him of these lessons he'd learned from Jet Li his favorite marshal artist.  His very favorite scene from a Jet Li movie involves a man who is carrying a bundle of sticks and someone says to him "It is time to drop your burdens".  Except when he explained it was much more profound.  

At that moment it hits me.  This isn't about me.  It's not about how well I try to "tap in".  I just have to trust this crazy process cause this was a collaboration.  Something higher than me wanted to speak to this guy.  I wanted him to hear it and did my best to get out of the way.  Whatever is guiding him connected to what is guiding me, it all came together and delivered the message even though both of us only partially understood what was going on.  Tarot is bigger than me.  And I can do it, right now.  I don't have to know every card meaning perfectly, I just have to step aside and trust this process. 

Any reading I've done that's been weird?  It's been because I was analyzing and trying to control what was going on.  I just... I am so convinced now that this is right.  This is good.  I just have to give myself over to this thing that wants to happen.  I know I am intense, but my hope is that some of you are just as intense, or can tell where I'm coming from.  I really respect you guys as a community, and now I REALLY respect this craft that brought everyone together, it is no joke.  By the time my wife and I's friend left he had a whole new outlook on his situation, SERIOUSLY.  I just... I want to do this forever.  I want to make that happen for many people, over and over and over again.  I am in love with this stuff now, my imposter syndrome has been dealt the final blow.  I know now, I AM A CARD READER AND I'M PROUD OF IT!!!

katrinka
3 hours ago, Symph said:

As soon as I finish the last card?  He bursts into tears.  Now here's where it's nuts, the last card was the 10 of wands.  I was shocked to see it, it threw me off and seemed like it didn't go well with the rest of the reading.  And then he bursts into tears I'm like "Did that hit?"  After he gains his composure he explains how the whole reading had been reminding him of these lessons he'd learned from Jet Li his favorite marshal artist.  His very favorite scene from a Jet Li movie involves a man who is carrying a bundle of sticks and someone says to him "It is time to drop your burdens".  Except when he explained it was much more profound. 

And when Mississippi Fred explains it, you can feel it:

And that's just it, answers come through Tarot, through Jet Li and Mississippi Fred, through a song on the radio, your cat or dog...its endless.
There is a trope out there that says Tarot makes you "more psychic." I've been using Tarot since the Nixon administration, and I can state unequivocally that I am NOT psychic. But I can often see the future because Tarot has given me such a lovely template to work with. The world is full of Wheels and Hermits and whatnot.

3 hours ago, Symph said:

At that moment it hits me.  This isn't about me.  It's not about how well I try to "tap in".  I just have to trust this crazy process cause this was a collaboration.  Something higher than me wanted to speak to this guy.  I wanted him to hear it and did my best to get out of the way.  Whatever is guiding him connected to what is guiding me, it all came together and delivered the message even though both of us only partially understood what was going on.  Tarot is bigger than me.  And I can do it, right now.  I don't have to know every card meaning perfectly, I just have to step aside and trust this process. 

Well, yeah.
Our gig is essentially concerned with "Get out of the way."

When I was reading full time, I had a man ask me "How can you lie to people like that?" And I told him that people pay me to tell them what the cards say, so I do. I'm only a translator.

So when the question is "Will he leave his wife for me?" and the obvious answer is "No, why should he? He has it both ways", I go with what the cards are saying. Somehow they manage to be right, despite the odds.

That thing you felt - some people call that "guides". I don't think it's as personal as all that (though you can certainly personalize it if you want to.)
My thing isn't IF things exist, but HOW they exist.

But I digress. Anyway, congrats!

Symph

I actually understand what you mean Katrinka.  I think coming from a christian background where we pray to "the deity" and there are angels in the book etc, made it very easy for me to try and understand Tarot through that lens.  People who spoke of angelic guides and "speaking to source" really provided a nice bridge for me to enter into this from.  But now that I'm doing it, and I'm beginning to have some readings that I know aren't just me making things up, and seeing the difference between a real intuition and me just trying to "figure the reading out" so to speak?  It really feels like it's all in me and the sitter.  I've heard of people who talk about this "ether" that connects us all metaphysically that is impersonal but just a web our consciousness swims in.  That concept is really starting to make sense to me.  

And I do still believe in angels, I believe in channeling spirits, I believe in God and what have you... I just see that those things aren't necessarily coming into play when we read cards.  It's something more fundamental, natural, and really anyone who trusts they can do it I'm sure can do it, just you know... not many people are lining up to try haha  

katrinka
12 minutes ago, Symph said:

I actually understand what you mean Katrinka.  I think coming from a christian background where we pray to "the deity" and there are angels in the book etc, made it very easy for me to try and understand Tarot through that lens.  People who spoke of angelic guides and "speaking to source" really provided a nice bridge for me to enter into this from.  But now that I'm doing it, and I'm beginning to have some readings that I know aren't just me making things up, and seeing the difference between a real intuition and me just trying to "figure the reading out" so to speak?  It really feels like it's all in me and the sitter.  I've heard of people who talk about this "ether" that connects us all metaphysically that is impersonal but just a web our consciousness swims in.  That concept is really starting to make sense to me.  

And I do still believe in angels, I believe in channeling spirits, I believe in God and what have you... I just see that those things aren't necessarily coming into play when we read cards.  It's something more fundamental, natural, and really anyone who trusts they can do it I'm sure can do it, just you know... not many people are lining up to try haha  

Yeah.
Do you have a dog or cat? It's kind of like the way we communicate with them. VERY fundamental and natural, and a lot of people get it totally wrong.

Symph
2 minutes ago, katrinka said:

Yeah.
Do you have a dog or cat? It's kind of like the way we communicate with them. VERY fundamental and natural, and a lot of people get it totally wrong.

Riiiiight, I do have two cats, a kitten and an older cat, (and the kitten is a little monster who won't stop chasing my older cat and destroying my curtains, but that's another story!  LOL)  I do get what you mean though.  I've even had this little moments where it's like... my lock or my connection to my cat is stronger than usual, and you see this shift in their eyes like "Oh, you're fully aware of me!"  It's a real trip.

peacefulocean
4 hours ago, Symph said:

This isn't about me.  It's not about how well I try to "tap in".  I just have to trust this crazy process cause this was a collaboration.  Something higher than me wanted to speak to this guy.  I wanted him to hear it and did my best to get out of the way.  Whatever is guiding him connected to what is guiding me, it all came together and delivered the message even though both of us only partially understood what was going on.  Tarot is bigger than me.  And I can do it, right now.  I don't have to know every card meaning perfectly, I just have to step aside and trust this process. 

What an awesome share and experience, @Symph! Being willing to show up and 'get out of the way' so the Tarot can do it's work is a big part of this work. I feel that the Tarot is one method that helps me to tap into the Akasha, a kind of universal memory and it's powerful. With your background, you might consider Akasha as the mind of God, present everywhere.  So glad you had this experience, it'll happen over and over. As for the card meanings, we'll never know them perfectly, because they keep revealing themselves to us all of our lives, just like any relationship. Here's a link to a video on Akasha that I like, it's a bit trippy, but pretty well done 

katrinka
22 minutes ago, Symph said:

Riiiiight, I do have two cats, a kitten and an older cat, (and the kitten is a little monster who won't stop chasing my older cat and destroying my curtains, but that's another story!  LOL)  I do get what you mean though.  I've even had this little moments where it's like... my lock or my connection to my cat is stronger than usual, and you see this shift in their eyes like "Oh, you're fully aware of me!"  It's a real trip.

It is.
I share my space with two crazy Shelties. Lover Boy -
1705159689_LoverBoy-Copy.thumb.jpg.e8a750890900c199212d4c3477a17313.jpg

And his nephew Finnegan:

finnegan.thumb.jpg.93fb05112589926c8b03637f02ce2aca.jpg

Shelties are a herding breed, and the thing with these dogs is that they're bred to tune in to our subtlest gestures.
So I read them, they read me, it's all normal here but to an outsider I could imagine it looks pretty strange!

Symph
17 minutes ago, peacefulocean said:

What an awesome share and experience, @Symph! Being willing to show up and 'get out of the way' so the Tarot can do it's work is a big part of this work. I feel that the Tarot is one method that helps me to tap into the Akasha, a kind of universal memory and it's powerful. With your background, you might consider Akasha as the mind of God, present everywhere.  So glad you had this experience, it'll happen over and over. As for the card meanings, we'll never know them perfectly, because they keep revealing themselves to us all of our lives, just like any relationship. Here's a link to a video on Akasha that I like, it's a bit trippy, but pretty well done 

Thanks Sensei!  haha yeah I'm a little bit familiar with the Akashic records, they were named or rediscovered by Edgar Cayce right?  I've never quite understood like... what exactly they are though other than just a big database of everything that's ever happened to anybody anywhere haha  I'll definitely watch that video, and thank you!  I'm still just buzzing off the excitement of giving such helpful reading to someone!

18 minutes ago, katrinka said:

It is.
I share my space with two crazy Shelties. Lover Boy -

Awwww!! I love them!!  So cute!  I don't have any GOOD pics of mine on my computer, but I found these 🙂

IMG_1014.thumb.jpg.d44f9aa1d376ec10e6501841ec44b9a7.jpg

That's Onyx, she's 11 I believe and she's the one who's always getting chased by...IMG_0018.thumb.jpg.79fc7ed0e5ae65f77c3b4a50f238015a.jpg

THIS little guy hehe his name is Merlin, and I don't even think he's a full year old yet now that I think about it.  When we got him he was 4 months old and that was probably about 4 months ago so he's somewhere around 8 months.  My wife would know for sure hehe  He is a HANDFUL but dear God is he adorable...  

Symph
11 minutes ago, katrinka said:

PS - you can have cats AND nice curtains. https://www.softpaws.com/about-soft-paws-for-cats/

I can't sing the praises of this product enough. ❤️ It works.
(There is no excuse for declawing, EVER.)

Seriously??  It works???  I would LOVE to not have to declaw him, we have been considering it though because he scratches our other cat and really hurts her!  This could be the answer I will tell my wife!

katrinka
6 minutes ago, Symph said:

Seriously??  It works???  I would LOVE to not have to declaw him, we have been considering it though because he scratches our other cat and really hurts her!  This could be the answer I will tell my wife!

Please do! Declawing involves amputating not only the claw, but the whole first phlanx: https://www.declawing.com/the-truth-about-declawing
If your cats are allowed outside and they're declawed, they can't climb, they can't defend themselves, they're completely helpless. Not good when the neighbor's Rottweiller gets out!
And even if they're indoor cats, they've still been mutilated. Maybe it hurts, walking on feet with bones missing.
I'm not PETA (Lord knows I hate PETA) and I'm pretty OK with dog ear and tail docking, even bark softening (when done by a qualified veterinary surgeon, and only when absolutely necessary - it beats dumping your best friend at a shelter.)  But declawing cats is barbaric and cruel.

Starlight
6 hours ago, Symph said:

You have said this beautifully. Thank you for sharing this story. 🙂

bastetly
3 hours ago, Symph said:

Just a quick comment for Symph:  PLEASE do not de-claw your kitten.  It's dangerous if they get outside as well.  I wanted to suggest to trim his nails or the tips regularly w the proper tool.   It's not difficult to do and getting started early will train Merlin to accept this on the regular.  Just don't clip into the "quick" or the pink or darker part as it will hurt and bleed.  Use very good lighting and you will save money at the groomers.  

katrinka
15 minutes ago, bastetly said:

Just a quick comment for Symph:  PLEASE do not de-claw your kitten.  It's dangerous if they get outside as well.  I wanted to suggest to trim his nails or the tips regularly w the proper tool.   It's not difficult to do and getting started early will train Merlin to accept this on the regular.  Just don't clip into the "quick" or the pink or darker part as it will hurt and bleed.  Use very good lighting and you will save money at the groomers.  

YES. Clipping helps. And if he lets you use a dremel, even better.  You have several options other than declawing!

Marigold
10 hours ago, Symph said:

I know now, I AM A CARD READER AND I'M PROUD OF IT!!!

And there you go. Easy huh ? All you need to do is to read the cards. You rock. 😎

DECLAW A CAT ???? Oh my god no. 

Declawing traditionally involves the amputation of the last bone of each toe. If performed on a human being, it would be like cutting off each finger at the last knuckle.

Details on the Humane Society website. https://www.humanesociety.org/resources/declawing-cats-far-worse-manicure

It's absolutely illegal in many countries (including the one I live in). It's mutilation. 😭

Edited by Marigold

zedekiel

Great share @Symph! I'm glad you've joined us as such an active member! Seeing you out and about the forum has been a delight and reading your experience is incredibly helpful for someone like me, who's still growing as well. There are some moments in Tarot that almost pull me to tears, these moments that cement our connection with the universe and that the universe is here for us, we just need to let it in. Finding that release and let go is an amazing and impactful experience and it's so cool to hear your side of it!

Marigold
9 hours ago, Symph said:

At first I had these ideas of how I was gonna read Tarot so differently and from my own vantage point of mystical christian values.  Then I get on this forum and it becomes apparent that my values don't necessarily make sense in the world of Tarot, and something different is going on.

Don't be so sure of that. There may be something else going on, something additional, but don't dismiss out of hand your mystical journey. The Tarot is steeped with it if we care to look and if it's part of our journey. It's not necessary to invoke the other side to be a good tarot reader. There are outstanding readers who never use that other side and they don't need to. It's not primordial to be a successful and sincere reader. And the two sides can also work separately. Like the 2 of Cups you know. Seemingly separate but working invisibly in harmony due to the fact that they're drawing their inspiration from the same source. They just take different roads, equally beautiful. 

But still Symph, I know you a wee wee wee bit (like a smidgen), and I like you loads, and maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think you should dismiss your other yearnings just like that. Give it some thought. 

Symph
8 hours ago, katrinka said:

Please do! Declawing involves amputating not only the claw, but the whole first phlanx: https://www.declawing.com/the-truth-about-declawing
If your cats are allowed outside and they're declawed, they can't climb, they can't defend themselves, they're completely helpless. Not good when the neighbor's Rottweiller gets out!
And even if they're indoor cats, they've still been mutilated. Maybe it hurts, walking on feet with bones missing.
I'm not PETA (Lord knows I hate PETA) and I'm pretty OK with dog ear and tail docking, even bark softening (when done by a qualified veterinary surgeon, and only when absolutely necessary - it beats dumping your best friend at a shelter.)  But declawing cats is barbaric and cruel.

EEK!  I defiitely want to find another option, it will be hard to convince my wife though.  She's had close to 10 cats and all of them she had declawed and never thought anything of it, her mother is a cat lady who also didn't see anything wrong with it and she never saw any signs of you know, them being in pain or depression.  But I've stumbled upon some articles that have me personally disliking the idea more and more and more.  I honestly don't think we could clip his nails he would just thrash around and try to bite us, but we might be able to get those tip things on him if it can be done quickly and without having to be super precise.  He's a tough one, he doesn't let you hold him very long, and he doesn't even really let you pet him unless it's on his terms.  Oh he'll follow you around and force his way into your lap and lick all over you when HE wants that, but the rest of the time?  You try to get near him and he just swats at you or nips at you.  Very frustrating period in his life... *sigh*  I'll do my best to convince my wife we should find another option though I truly will.  Pretty confident it'll work too she listens to me 🙂

8 hours ago, Starlight said:

You have said this beautifully. Thank you for sharing this story. 🙂

Yay!!  Thanks!

5 hours ago, bastetly said:

Yeah like I said to Katrinka, I'm not sure that's a possibility, he's very very difficult to hold or keep still.  The tip thingies she was talking about though may work.  🙂

4 hours ago, Marigold said:

And there you go. Easy huh ? All you need to do is to read the cards. You rock. 😎

DECLAW A CAT ???? Oh my god no. 

Declawing traditionally involves the amputation of the last bone of each toe. If performed on a human being, it would be like cutting off each finger at the last knuckle.

Details on the Humane Society website. https://www.humanesociety.org/resources/declawing-cats-far-worse-manicure

It's absolutely illegal in many countries (including the one I live in). It's mutilation. 😭

Thank you!  And ok ok guys I'm gonna do everything in my power to not declaw Merlin! hahahahaha  

4 hours ago, zedekiel said:

Great share @Symph! I'm glad you've joined us as such an active member! Seeing you out and about the forum has been a delight and reading your experience is incredibly helpful for someone like me, who's still growing as well. There are some moments in Tarot that almost pull me to tears, these moments that cement our connection with the universe and that the universe is here for us, we just need to let it in. Finding that release and let go is an amazing and impactful experience and it's so cool to hear your side of it!

Yeah this?  ^^ One of those moments that almost has me in tears.... haha ok so that's an exaggeration but I'm very moved by your words.  Thank you so much, I look forward to getting to know you better!

4 hours ago, Marigold said:

Don't be so sure of that. There may be something else going on, something additional, but don't dismiss out of hand your mystical journey. The Tarot is steeped with it if we care to look and if it's part of our journey. It's not necessary to invoke the other side to be a good tarot reader. There are outstanding readers who never use that other side and they don't need to. It's not primordial to be a successful and sincere reader. And the two sides can also work separately. Like the 2 of Cups you know. Seemingly separate but working invisibly in harmony due to the fact that they're drawing their inspiration from the same source. They just take different roads, equally beautiful. 

But still Symph, I know you a wee wee wee bit (like a smidgen), and I like you loads, and maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think you should dismiss your other yearnings just like that. Give it some thought. 

You're so right.  My experience as of late has been quite the pendulum.  It's like.. once I realized how judgemental my upbringing had made me I went EXTREME on the end of "I will never make a judgement again!!"  And it began playing out with me entertaining all ideas, and giving everything the benefit of the doubt.  It was cool cause it lead me here, but then I began to feel my identity slip away, I wasn't sure what I believed anymore, and my beliefs would change so fast on a dime it was starting to make me feel off kilter.  Now I'm starting to come back to my mystical experiences and realize that much of what I've known to be true still holds true for me, and being open minded doesn't mean you just automatically assume any logical sounding opinion is better than your own.  I feel my pendulum swung all the way to the other side, and now it's beginning to swing a little less, and find a nice spot in the middle.  

And omg you guys... I gotta say I had a period where I felt I didn't fit in here and I felt I couldn't connect (I got some readings about it on the forum too they were lovely) but that has really shifted in the last few days.  All these kind words mean a ton to me, and it's just wild how it all reflects things the Tarot has been saying!!  I am so honored to be accepted by you all and the feeling is quite mutual!  I've always had trouble finding people who I felt were like... deep enough, real enough, open enough for me.  I think that Tarot tends to appeal to people who are just like that, and then the journey of Tarot itself brings these qualities out more.  So it finally does feel like... maybe I've found my people, so yeah, I'll stop gushing now it's just a little hard cause...

giphy.gif?cid=790b76117fcd993cba93f2ab28

Marigold
5 hours ago, Symph said:

It's like.. once I realized how judgemental my upbringing had made me I went EXTREME on the end of "I will never make a judgement again!!" 

Ah but I'm sure you know that there is judgement,  the one that bothers us all and which causes so much trouble like you've observed and which made you go extreme, and then there's "righteous judgement" (I assume this means judging from the standpoint of the divine). The Tarot can contribute to our cultivating this. It won't do the whole job, but it can be a nice room to add to the house. 

Symph
2 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Ah but I'm sure you know that there is judgement,  the one that bothers us all and which causes so much trouble like you've observed and which made you go extreme, and then there's "righteous judgement" (I assume this means judging from the standpoint of the divine). The Tarot can contribute to our cultivating this. It won't do the whole job, but it can be a nice room to add to the house. 

Well the book that I was told was THE WORD OF GOD and all that, it's like... people wanna list rules that we can all follow with our heads and say "this is always right in all situations" and "this is always wrong in all situatios".  But I have broken free from that opinion, and it's not me caving to something I don't feel no this is like...  a hunch I've always had that is now being confirmed by experience.  And it's not the relativist notion of "there is no true right or wrong" oh no I think there is, but I think it can't be decided by a list of rules.  It's like a wavelength, it's like a light wave, it's an energy you either ride or you don't, and it's fluid toward specific situations you know what I mean?  So what might be the right choice in situation A) is the wrong choice in situation B)   etc.  So how do we cultivate it?  Yeah like you said, you gotta start letting the divine show you until you yourself begin to think like the divine....  And yeah, Tarot is definitely a phenomenal tool to add to the kit!

Symph
19 hours ago, katrinka said:

And when Mississippi Fred explains it, you can feel it

Katrinka I hadn't even listened to the song yet, omg your energy finally hit me you are cool as shit.  Since the Nixon administration???  I bet you have some stories to tell!!!  I'm a total hippie at heart.  I have trouble listening to... anything but the voice in my head, not gonna lie, it's been only mine and my wife's energy for a loooong time, but my shell is cracking.  I've never heard of Mississippi Fred but I LOVE HIM NOW.  

I like this one by Freddie King.  

katrinka

I'm old, but not quite hippie-old. 😆
When I picked up the cards, it was more of a glam/hard rock scene. Platforms and sparkly stuff, Bowie ca. "Hunky Dory", that kind of thing.
Some of my friends were older and they were hippies, though. I knew a lady with macrame all over her place that she made herself, she wore long skirts and brewed amazing...tea. But Texas never had standard, peaceful hippies. In Texas, the hippies had to fight, so it was different. 

Freddie King is bomb. He used to play Austin a lot, so much that Jim Franklin did murals of him http://music.blog.austin360.com/2016/12/28/40-years-gone-blues-legend-freddie-king-was-a-giant-at-armadillo-whq/

devin
8 hours ago, katrinka said:

In Texas, the hippies had to fight, so it was different. 

This reminds me of reading someone from back in the day say that the scene in the north of England was different to London,etc. If you dressed like a dandy in the north you had to be tough as f***.

devin

Hey Symph, 

What a wonderful post, thanks.

On 11/19/2019 at 11:25 AM, Symph said:

At first I had these ideas of how I was gonna read Tarot so differently and from my own vantage point of mystical christian values. 

On 11/19/2019 at 11:25 AM, Symph said:

This isn't about me ... did my best to get out of the way. 

Making it 'not about you' and 'getting out the way' are at the heart of the oldest mystical Christian practices as exemplified by the desert Fathers. They held that it was through this 'selfless getting out the way' that one could enter into communion with the self-emptying nature of the transcendent God and allow his/her Grace into your heart. It is in these Grace filled moments that miracles are said to occur. 

On the other hand, divination by applying a system or using psychic ability is, imo, making use of natural laws or forces and is not transcendent or supernatural in the true sense. That being said, the oldest theologies hold that we can know something of God through the observation of natural processes and that the world itself comes into being via celestial choirs of angels. So, if you're thus inclined, God and the angels are still most definitely in the picture even when it comes to 'natural' divination.

Best,
Devin.

P.S. I'm not an expert on any of the above!

Edited by devin

loveheartlight

Symph, please know that I am proud of you. You brought me back to my first wonder at the cards. For that, I am eternally grateful. Can I tell you something? A few days ago I came across some videos on YouTube denouncing Tarot and divination. It struck me, really. I felt sinful and guilty and this morning I prayed to God and said I was sure down to my bones He hated me. I also prayed that if He loved me then please send me something to tell me that. And then I read this tonight. Thank you, thank you, thank you!