rainbow_11

Recommendations for websites with meanings

rainbow_11

Hi all, newbie here. I have 3 tarot decks, and for some reason the one I am most drawn to is the one that does not have a book to go with it.  I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for websites or books that I could use to help me get in depth understanding of how to interpret cards properly. I find the thing I am most struggling with is connecting a particular card to a specific topic. For example, The Lovers card - I have become somewhat familiar with how to interpret this in a Relationship spread, but when it comes up in a Financial or Work spread, I am at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I hope this is the correct forum to post this question 🙂

rainbow_11

thank you both for your recommendations 🙂

Lady Butterfly

Both the links provided earlier are good ones. I also use The Tarot Lady for a slightly different take on the cards.

In my own studies I have found it useful to look to several sources for a more rounded view of the card's meaning.

Natural Mystic Guide

I agree with Stephanelli above.  I went through the entire book by Joan Bunning (the same material is offered for free online) and found it extremely helpful. 

Enjoy!

Jungian

To be honest I do not much rely on the interpretations given by websites although some are very plausible. I think it would be better to establish a personal relation with the cards and interpret them according to your experience and feelings. 

The lovers for me is not about love per se but about choices: would you follow your heart or your logic? There is no clearcut answer in terms which pathway is better. Neither logic nor sentiments could provide the right answers always. 

darkkittie099

Some sources I really like

www.thetarotguide.com

www.teachmetarot.com

www.thesimpletarot.com

www.divinationandfortunetelling.com

Ncharge
On 2/1/2020 at 5:27 AM, Jungian said:

To be honest I do not much rely on the interpretations given by websites although some are very plausible. I think it would be better to establish a personal relation with the cards and interpret them according to your experience and feelings. 

The lovers for me is not about love per se but about choices: would you follow your heart or your logic? There is no clearcut answer in terms which pathway is better. Neither logic nor sentiments could provide the right answers always. 

I see it about the same way. "Choices in the Garden of Eden" - are you making decisions based on long-term needs or immediate satisfaction and good feelings?

Wyrdkiss
On 5/29/2020 at 2:17 PM, katrinka said:

This is exceptionally useful.
It deal with the Thoth, but it's crystal clear and concise.
https://www.corax.com/tarot/cards/

An excellent resource, yes Katrinka.  I'm excited to peruse some of the others listed above.

atomictangerine

I love Biddytarot.com because she breaks it down by what the card interpretation could mean based on categories (love, career, finances) and also elliotoracle.com because I just find him really positive in his interpretations. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.