Deck of The Weeek: Sign-up Thread: Week 143 : April 4 - April 10

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks.  Each week we will be picking a deck (or desks) to work with for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week.

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

Participants:

1. VGimlet - Golden Art Nouveau Tarot

2. Mi-Shell - Light Seers Tarot

3. Bodhiseed - Everyday Enchantment Tarot paired with MentorSpirit deck

4. Madame Squee - Trionfi della Luna and Royal Mischief Playing Cards

5. tarot_cat - Tarot Draconis

6. Amberjune - Spolia Tarot and the Angelarium Cards

(453)

Edited by VGimlet
Posted (edited)

Hello from my bunker to yours.   I'll be using the Golden Art Nouveau Tarot this week.  (Hm, lotta gold going on there - with last weeks Black and Gold, which was quite pretty).

How are you guys doing out there?

Working from home is proving to be quite interesting.    I am reading less, because I don't have a 2 1/2 hour bus commute, and also finding myself wiped out at the end of the day. Working at home you just don't have the mental breaks you do when you work with others.   Even if it's just to chat for a moment or confer with co-workers over something.   We are on team chat all the time, but it's just not the same.  

Washington State is now on stay-at-home guidelines until May 4.   Which means probably I won't be going back to work until after that, depending on the social distancing rules afterward.   But anything to save people from dying from the virus.   At least I CAN work from home, and so can my high-risk husband, so I'm grateful for that.   It's rough for those who can't.   Stay safe everyone!

Edited by VGimlet
Mi-Shell

Hi VG! ♥

I will have another week with the Light Seers.

Sometimes I get good, useful readings - sometimes this deck is a bit too "fluffy"and I have to look elsewhere....?

I am quite isolated here in the bush and doing personal readings  - face to face over a cup of tea has totally stopped. 😞

Other than that I posted, what is going on here on page 25 of the "are you feeling lonely because of covid - 19 " thread here on the forum.

I hope everyone is OK.

Thank you for the thread, VG 🌷🐣

I'm in with Trionfi della Luna and Royal Mischief Playing Cards.

Just received Deviant Moon email re: Patrick Valenza's pdf LWB for Trionfi della Luna and downloaded it. So, I'm ready to get going... 

tarot_cat

I'd like to sign up this week with the Tarot Draconis.

We're doing okay here in isolation. I hope everyone else is well!

This week I'll be drawing from the Everyday Enchantment Tarot, a set created by Poppy Palin and published by Red Feather. The oracle I'll be using is MentorSpirit, created by Kathy Tyler with Joy Drake and published by InnerLinks Associates. Today's cards are the Four of Coins and 'Peace:'

four%2Bcoins.jpgpeace_0002.jpg

The gull in Palin's card reminded me of the gulls in the movie Finding Nemo, constantly screaming "mine, mine, mine" over and over. I imagine if you were to toss a bottle of hand sanitizer, face masks, and disposable gloves into a store right now, humans would react much the same. Where is the line between looking after our own needs (so someone else doesn't have to do it) and becoming selfish, self-centered hoarders? When what I value is reduced to only my concerns without considering that of others, I've developed a gull mentality. The Peace card offers another slant: if I am hyper-focused on guarding what I have and getting what I desire, I will find no serenity. As Queen Elizabeth stated, "The lessons from the peace process are clear; whatever life throws at us, our individual responses will be all the stronger for working together and sharing the load."

Amberjune

Hello all,

I'm joining in this week with the Spolia Tarot and the Angelarium Cards published by LoScarabeo.

We are ok and in shelter in place until April 19th for now. So far so good.

Wishing you all a good week.

Decks: Trionfi della Luna and Royal Mischief Playing Cards

I started laying out cards, 3 at a time, until this trio grabbed my attention:

IX. The Hermit ~ 2 of Swords ~ XV. The Devil

It looked like a decision between carrying on with business as usual or turning in a new direction -- a solitary but holy path. 

What I see in this spread is two very different ways to handle coronavirus. 

I looked at the bottom card: VI. The Lover. All I can say is, You better make the right choice, girl!

Then, I went to the Royal Mischief Playing Cards for more insight and got the 10 of Hearts "Poised for Battle". That's pretty much self-explanatory in that it show two sides in direct opposition to one another: business as usual or self isolating.  

Finally, I shuffled the 10 bonus oracle cards included with Trionfi della Luna and drew number 8 - The Doppelgänger: "Introspection. Seeking to improve oneself. Discovering and recognizing your innate potential. Adopting new identities and shedding old ones. Looking for courage within." (Patrick Valenza) The emphasis is mine. Sheltering in place is so difficult. This morning, I want to run to the hardware store and pick up seeds. I NEED a new hose for goodness sake! What about a barbecue for all the kids and grandkids and their friends?!!!

But I remember whenever I was pouting about something I wanted but couldn't have, my mother always told me, "It's a great life if you don't weaken!" And I didn't realize until 2 minutes ago that she got it from Faron Young! Lol. 

Trionfi della Luna reading tray.jpg

Trionfi della Luna VI.jpg

Royal Mischief 10h.jpg

Trionfi della Luna Doppelganger.jpg

Edited by Madame Squee
tarot_cat

I just did a lovely deck interview spread with my deck. I think it's going to be excellent for doing shadow work, which I'm very excited about! There were a lot of cards about change, cycles, and new beginnings. It was interesting to see the theme take shape across the spread.