Tarocchino Mitelli!

EmpyreanKnight

EmpyreanKnight

Stop the presses! The Tarocchino Mitelli, released by Lo Scarabeo under their Anima Antiqua Line, is finally on sale!

I was floored by the Tarocchi Sola Busca when I finally got my hands on it just this weekend, and I thought it was a mighty shame that the Mitelli is only going to be released early next year. I checked it out again and I'm so glad I did. ;D

I remember that its original release date was October 2017 as per Lo Scarabeo's 2017 Catalog, but that they later moved it to January 2018, as can be seen in the Llewellyn website link I gave above. Maybe they were preparing for some delays or what. I'm just glad that they delivered on schedule. :) I remember that this is what happened with their Tarocchi Sola Busca too.

It's just sad that it's temporarily out of stock in Amazon now, but just look around and it's available elsewhere. I had my US source order mine from a highly reputable eBay seller at around the same discounted price that Amazon offers. I'm so excited for this! :D

EmpyreanKnight

By the way, if the mods think it will be more apt to transfer this thread to the Historical Tarot subforum, I won't mind. I guess I just got excited and jumped the gun lol. ;D

EmpyreanKnight

On related news (while waiting for this ravishing beauty, which unfortunately would take weeks to arrive in my case), I hope that Lo Scarabeo would please please release the Minchiate Etruria as their next offering in the Anima Antiqua series. It will sell like hotcakes, I'm tellin' ya.

But it seems like they already have other decks on their plate. In The Queen's Sword interview with Lo Scarabeo, they stated that they plan to release "a deck printed in 1906, Wien (Vienna) called ‘secession deck’". I think they're referring to Ditha Moser's Jugendstiltarock.

I'm going to grab that one too, just you wait. :D I wonder tho. If it is indeed going to be included in the Anima Antiqua line, would it only include the 54 cards in the original tarock or would they expand it to the 78-card Tarot standard by crafting original Ace to 6 cards for every suit? My money's on the former tho I'd prefer the latter of course.

I wonder what the "tarot deck that was burned in 1725 in Bologna" is tho. I'm gonna do my research. :)

Lo Scarabeo has managed to outdo themselves with their Anima Antiqua Line. Premium, classy, rare, and sooo inexpensive, what more can one ask for? They seem to be deeply in touch with what their clientele truly desire.

And yeah I know I shall be imposing a deck-buying moratorium for myself next year, but cmon this is a worthy exception. I'm going to get each and every one of the decks in this line. :)

EmpyreanKnight

Just did some research, and it seems like the fourth offering in the Anima Antiqua Line, the "tarot deck that was burned in 1725 in Bologna", has the official name of L’Utile col Diletto, ossia geografia intrecciata nel giuoco de Tarocchi. That's quite a mouthful, but it translates to Geographical and Heraldic Tarocchi Cards.

Here are supporting links:

http://www.wopc.co.uk/italy/utile-col-diletto

http://dummettsmondo.blogspot.com/2015/07/chapter-3-ferrara-or-elsewhere.html

The Mitelli is lovely - I was in Torino and bought it from Lo Scarabeo their own selves.

Slightly surprised about the Geographical - I have an old Solleone printing of that - well, I bought one for my SO, who is into geography.

EmpyreanKnight

Oh, so it has been released by Lo Scarabeo before.

I think the Geographical would be interesting, but I really hope they reprint the Minchiate again. Tho from what I've read, the Minchiate Fiorentine Etruria 1725 by Il Meneghello is just like that one, but crisper and more detailed.

EmpyreanKnight

Yikes, I wasn't clear about what I said. I was referring to the Mitelli. I didn't know that LoS has already released the Mitelli before it was included in their Anima Antiqua line. It makes me wish that maybe after Jugendstiltarock and the Geographical, they'd reprint the Minchiate again, as their latest version in 2011 is rare and astronomically-priced now.

EmpyreanKnight

I just noticed something tho. All the releases in the Anima Antiqua present Tarot decks that ate rather unorthodox. The Sola Busca with its all-male majors that don't follow any traditional Atu progression, the Mitelli with its 62 cards and the Jugendstiltarock with 54, and the Geographical with its maps and crests all support this. This is getting more and more interesting. I just hope they'd be of practical (divinatory) use too.

EmpyreanKnight

It seems like earlier this month, Giordano Berti released his own version of the Tarocchino Mitelli, which he named the Tarocchino Bolognese. If you have a Facebook account, you can see more details in his page HERE.

I wonder how much it costs tho. The Lo Scarabeo Mitelli is available has a regular price of $35 but is currently going for less than $25 in Amazon right now. The cheapest among Berti's offerings run for around $85 in some stores, altho that's understandable given their very high quality. In any case, now might be the perfect time to grab this gem. :)

EmpyreanKnight

It seems like there is scant info on this deck in the internets. Anyway, here is a recently-released review video of the Mitelli, just so you'd know what to expect. Something to tide me over as I wait for my copy :)

Hey, thanks for posting this video. I searched for videos and/or reviews few days ago and couldn't find it.

I'm still waiting mine.  :-\

EmpyreanKnight

I finally got my copy, Yamandu. It's a bit smaller than the Tarocchi Sola Busca that LoS released a few months ago, but the production value is just the same. I can't wait to open it!

Hey, that's great!. I'm still waiting on my Sola Busca too.. hehe  :-\

I can't wait to dig in both of them.

Btw , the Berti's version of the Mitelli comes with a companion book. I'm very tempted to get it, but I've spent too much already... maybe next year.

EmpyreanKnight

When you do get your Sola Busca, make sure to check immediately for duplicates and missing cards, alright?

Yeah, I noticed that book. I want it too! It's just too bad that meanings for the Mitelli are so rare, tho it may be because I haven't tried my darnedest to find them yet. If I do tho, I'll share it here. :)