Skip to content

Can someone identify this deck, please?

Featured Replies

Hi Tarot friends! 

 

So I was watching this reality TV show and they brought on a tarot reader. I screenshot two cards I could see, the first one is The Devil and the second the Queen of Pentacles. Anyone any idea what deck this is, please? Thanks!
 

975B6B29-7B2D-4001-9879-FDBC1247BC48.jpeg

41EE1311-FB88-43C4-8DA1-F21A722C338C.jpeg

F799E792-D17F-4575-BD0F-AC8EDF86955A.jpeg

Edited by le_charior
To respect the community guidelines

  • Author

This comes from a British reality TV show. They had a Tarot reader in their final episode, which was surprising to me because it wasn't the kind of show where I would necessarily expect that. I shall say no more to not offend anyone or make anyone uncomfortable!

Edited by le_charior
To respect the community guidelines

  • Author

* Edited to respect the community guidelines

Edited by le_charior

Karen Kuykendall - Tarot of the Cat People. LOVELY deck.

 

I think the second is actually the card back.

  • Author
8 minutes ago, gregory said:

Karen Kuykendall - Tarot of the Cat People. LOVELY deck.

 

I think the second is actually the card back.

Amazing, thank you! Now I might need to head over to the de-enabling thread to know why I shouldn‘t order it! 😋

3 hours ago, gregory said:

Tarot of the Cat People

 

the second is actually the card back.

 

Ha! I see the cats now! I just thought it was swirly abstract before.

  • Author
On 1/6/2021 at 1:06 PM, gregory said:

Oh you SHOULD order it.  It's a wonderful deck - with a whole culture and mythology attached. There's the book that comes with the deck (which I sadly don't have :classic_sad:), but also this:

 

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Mark-Cat-Year-Andre-Norton/dp/1680680196/ref=sr_1_1?

Very tempted... There is a book and deck set on ebay right now... The 80ies deck which, from what I have read, has the nicer colors. But I fear it might be too close to RWS style decks, I barely ever read with decks witj illustrated minor arcana... 

You.Can.Get.Past.This.Prejudice.

 

You REALLY can.

 

And YAY I found I do SO have the book. I THOUGHT I did, but I must have bought it separately as it only shows in my BOOKS database, not my box set one !

Edited by gregory

  • Author
13 hours ago, gregory said:

You.Can.Get.Past.This.Prejudice.

Thank you @gregory - good reminder for me not to be narrow minded, and to not limit myself to pip / TdM style decks. 

On 1/5/2021 at 9:50 PM, le_charior said:

Can I say ___ here?

1. Respect one another.

You don't have to agree with everything somebody says, but please be respectful in your replies.  We are a supportive family here and want to hear what everyone has to say.  We're glad to note that we have so far fostered a friendly community where a diversity of viewpoints is not only accepted, but actively cultivated.

On that point, we ask that everyone refrain from the use of words that are strongly violent or sexual in nature, which could cause discomfort for some people. 
 

  • Author
22 minutes ago, Raggydoll said:

 

1. Respect one another.

You don't have to agree with everything somebody says, but please be respectful in your replies.  We are a supportive family here and want to hear what everyone has to say.  We're glad to note that we have so far fostered a friendly community where a diversity of viewpoints is not only accepted, but actively cultivated.

On that point, we ask that everyone refrain from the use of words that are strongly violent or sexual in nature, which could cause discomfort for some people. 
 

Thank you @Raggydoll for clarifying, and sorry if I offended anyone or caused discomfort, that was not my intention. Should I amend / erase my previous posts in some way? 

4 minutes ago, le_charior said:

Thank you @Raggydoll for clarifying, and sorry if I offended anyone or caused discomfort, that was not my intention. Should I amend / erase my previous posts in some way? 

It’s okay, now you know 🙂 It would be much appreciated if could remove the worst-offender-words in there. 
 

Thank U GIF by chuber channel

  • Author
6 minutes ago, Raggydoll said:

It’s okay, now you know 🙂 It would be much appreciated if could remove the worst-offender-words in there. 
 

Thank U GIF by chuber channel

Done! It's squeaky clean now! 🙂 It anyway wasn't my main goal to discuss this TV show, but to have the deck identified, which worked out like a dream!

6 minutes ago, le_charior said:

Done! It's squeaky clean now! 🙂 It anyway wasn't my main goal to discuss this TV show, but to have the deck identified, which worked out like a dream!

Gregory tends to know, or to be able to find, most decks. She’s a gem! 

  • Author
10 minutes ago, Raggydoll said:

Gregory tends to know, or to be able to find, most decks. She’s a gem! 

Amen to that, she sure is! And super generous with her knowledge on top of it!

blushing dark souls GIF by Channel Frederator

 

AAAWW thanks.

  • Author
On 1/7/2021 at 7:34 PM, gregory said:

You.Can.Get.Past.This.Prejudice.

 

You REALLY can.

 

And YAY I found I do SO have the book. I THOUGHT I did, but I must have bought it separately as it only shows in my BOOKS database, not my box set one !

I ordered the Tarot of the Cat People now on ebay, a used deck with the book, for a pretty reasonable prize - I am very much looking forward to getting it - thanks again @gregory for identifying it, and for the recommendation! 🙂 

Look closely at the art, it is pointillism. lovely. And as said above, the book is a story, about the Outer Region, land of the Cat People, four different cultures.  And the author is fascinating, a sea going woman. 

Reminded by this thread, I've been rereading my blog posts using Tarot of the Cat People. A 2007 post made me tear up, it so associates with the post I made today, The cards tell the story, we live it 😉 

6 hours ago, le_charior said:

I ordered the Tarot of the Cat People now on ebay, a used deck with the book, for a pretty reasonable prize - I am very much looking forward to getting it - thanks again @gregory for identifying it, and for the recommendation! 🙂 

You won't regret it. Honestly !

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.