The petit lenormand oracle by lisa young-sutton

The question of " how will the evening progress" to me is kind of vague 

I would rather ask "will we have a good time"  one of her early videos is almost half hour on questions. I didn't watch it though. 

Then again i never been one of those use your cards to read on mundane things with the tarot or lenormand so it is something for me to work on.

Perhaps it is because i only read for people so i want the question to be worthwhile.

She did say in the video, regarding point 2 it used to happen to her starting out. Not it happens anymore 

Myself i still don't go for reading cards when i am stressed. But since i read for others and not myself it could be a moot point. 

As i remember changing the meanings to fit what i wanted.. like how the fictional person does in her first example. 

I just figured since it was a subject of clarifiers that is why didnt she didn't do any pairing. I didn't even think of it til tim pointed it out. 

I didn't watch her video on 3 lines perhaps does it there. 

fabfranco
22 hours ago, HOLMES said:

Quick question. 

Do you know of any english brazilian lenormand book coming out that just focus on the traditions of lenormand 

There's none, unfortunately. Much of the work from Brazil about Lenormand (called Gypsy Cards here, to a certain embarrassment because of the wrong association to the Romani people - some people in Brazil associate the Gypsy cards to the cartomantes in circus shows) are mixed with stuff from Pinterest material culled from a myriad of nonsensical sites. The really good one is from Geraldo Spacassassi, but it's in Portuguese. Again, it leans to Umbanda, which makes things difficult to digest.

Thank you for the warming welcome.

fabfranco
21 hours ago, katrinka said:

Yes, but she's giving them bad advice. 
She had a line of three that she said "made no sense" and she advised walking away and trying another day.
But the thing is, the cards DID make sense and they answered the question. She didn't know how to read them:

Yes, totally agreed. I've finished reading her book. She has some nice insights on what she calls the 'emblem' of the card. That's what attracted me most, as a semiotician. I like to understand the symbols, because they do mean something and it facilitates our memorization of their core meanings. Unfortunately, she's not that sure of her ideas. The book comes down as a smorgasbord of conflictant ideas. 

On the other hand, I've discovered Ms. Lozzy Philips (www.lozzyslenormand.com), which seems to be quite acknowledgeable of Lenormand and its implications (problems, conundrums, ponderings). I recommend reading her blog posts, quite enlightening.

katrinka

At work right now, but I'll check out Lozzy at first opportunity. 

She's GOT to be better than the other lady. I wish people would stop trying to cash in when they haven't even learned the cards!

fabfranco

I'd like to thank again all the welcoming messages. I'm truly touched by everybody's kindness. 

12 hours ago, HOLMES said:

The question of " how will the evening progress" to me is kind of vague 

If you read regularly for people, questions of that variation (how will the relationship/new job/friendship/class progress) are common.  I would also say clear. They want to know how it will develop. 

2 key points so far.. 

1.she doesn't do combos

There is no combos lists, never studied them, never saw a use for them and prefers to see each spread as a story

So any 2 card combos can mean many things. 

2.she doesn't reference any playing card inserts. Except for the courts cards which peoole may use for people. 

She did read andy b and caitlin matthews books which she references for the master method which isn't covered in her book for she feels is based on the cards inserts. (Recommends to read them for that)