New Taroteca Deck: Slavic Legends

Niobium

addendum -- I wish I would of gotten the fancy version w/ extra cards I think.  But, to waver, I wanted the smaller size, and I do like the black edging. I'm not helping, am I ?  🙂

Edited by Wyrdkiss

1 hour ago, Wyrdkiss said:

Sorry for being vague. I meant is the standard box that special and worth it?  

Oh! I mean, I think so, but perhaps others probably wouldn't. It's not an oiled wood which might in general be likely to seep--something I ran into with the stupid hemp bag for my Ironwing--so on that face alone I'm inclined to get it.

1 hour ago, Wyrdkiss said:

addendum -- I wish I would of gotten the fancy version w/ extra cards I think.  But, to waver, I wanted the smaller size, and I do like the black edging. I'm not helping, am I ?  🙂

See that's my thinking, I LOVE the look of the smaller one...nnnnng...

12 minutes ago, Niobium said:

See that's my thinking, I LOVE the look of the smaller one...nnnnng...

How much do you fancy the two different cards in the special version? You could just get the smaller standard perhaps?

If finances permit, however, buy both and keep one fresh as a back-up?  Let us know what you choose to do -- I feel your conundrum! 

2 hours ago, Wyrdkiss said:

How much do you fancy the two different cards in the special version? You could just get the smaller standard perhaps?

If finances permit, however, buy both and keep one fresh as a back-up?  Let us know what you choose to do -- I feel your conundrum! 

I'll be honest I love both alternates so, so much. I'm going to swap them in and out periodically. ...which I think answers the question, the second deck can hang out in the box I don't like. *huge sigh* I can make it my personal Christmas gift to myself, I suppose, and if in time I fall out of love with the deck I can sell one or both; they're very resaleable.

I have in and ordered it too. I’ve ordered the golden edge but I changed my mind and would like the black for the matter card stock. I’ve sent them two emails as it doesn’t  seem to have dispatched yet but no reply. Oh well. I’ll take the golden one too. I’m looking forward to it 😁

WOW, I am surprised to say this, but I just sold my Slavic Legends black edged 12cm sized standard tarot.

The good news is that it sold instantly for me on Facebook at a small discount.

There's some thing about this company's decks that enamor me initially, and then it falls flat.  It was the same with the Haunted Mansion.  This was not resonating much with me in person.

Sorry to be a downy clowny, just want you to 

know in case anyone feels like an outcast because they've felt similarly.  

3 hours ago, Wyrdkiss said:

WOW, I am surprised to say this, but I just sold my Slavic Legends black edged 12cm sized standard tarot.

The good news is that it sold instantly for me on Facebook at a small discount.

There's some thing about this company's decks that enamor me initially, and then it falls flat.  It was the same with the Haunted Mansion.  This was not resonating much with me in person.

Sorry to be a downy clowny, just want you to 

know in case anyone feels like an outcast because they've felt similarly.  

Well that just about fits with the topic about Tarot decks clicking 🙂. Don't worry - what deck appeals to whom is a really individual thing. Myself, I like the Slavic Legends - on the screen. I'm in two minds about buying it, though I like the artwork and a lot of the images (especially in the Major Arcana) appeal to me - for example Strength. 

^^ All of that, @Wyrdkiss Not every deck is for everyone. Glad you could turn it around quickly; I've had that happen PLENTY of times, from impulse buys or just the deck failing to gel.

Bodhiseed

I got this deck for the holidays, but would really prefer to have at least a list of the mythological figures used in it when I use it. I've tried contacting the creators to ask about the PDF to no avail. Has anyone heard anything?

Wyrdkiss
36 minutes ago, Bodhiseed said:

I got this deck for the holidays, but would really prefer to have at least a list of the mythological figures used in it when I use it. I've tried contacting the creators to ask about the PDF to no avail. Has anyone heard anything?

No, and it's overdue.  Another reason I'm glad I sold mine.

Bodhiseed

474891218_Screenshot_20230104-1617452.png.fef8d99bb23f34db6e5e033bcc43d3cc.png

39 minutes ago, Wyrdkiss said:

No, and it's overdue.  Another reason I'm glad I sold mine.

Sigh. I'm wondering if I should do the same. This was on Facebook - basically the same message as before. I think I could be more patient if they gave us an estimate of when it might be ready.

Edited by Bodhiseed

And they answered:

Guide book for the Slavic Legends Tarot isn't finished yet. It is almost done, but still require some translations updates. We are planning to have it finished in Q1 2023.

Bodhiseed
3 hours ago, gregory said:

And they answered:

Thanks gregory.❤️ I wonder what the Q1 means?

Bodhiseed
3 hours ago, gregory said:

First Quarter, I assume ?

Ah, that makes sense! Thanks for looking into this for those of us who are impatiently waiting. 😄