Deck of the Week Sign-up Thread, Week 338: Dec. 25 - Dec. 31

fire cat pickles

fire cat pickles

A thread for those who would like to work through their collection of decks, participants choose decks from their collections to work with for the week. Some use one deck, others use two or more. Some combine methods: Tarot, non-tarot (e.g. oracle), playing cards, or any other divinatory method is welcome. All we ask is that you use at least one tarot or oracle deck.

No collection is too large or too small. The only rules we have are the Tarot, Tea & Me Rules; Be respectful of one other. Please join us!

• Please post with your choice of deck(s) for the week
  • Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it (or not), etc., it's all up to you 
  • Participants may either choose to share their readings here in this discussion thread or opt to have their own journal in the Journals Forum and link it here
  • Yet others may even have an offline journal in paper & pencil/pen form

Share as often, as much, or as little as you like. You can drop in and out at anytime—reality and life permitting. New to tarot? Long time reader? Come on in!

Participants

1. fire cat pickles: Connolly Tarot
  2. Bodhiseed:  Llewellyn Tarot paired with the Beasts of Albion
  3. Akhilleus: Celestial Tarot
  4. Natural Mystic Guide: Mary-El Tarot
  5. Rachelcat: Arcana Stones
  6. Petalene: Gothic Tarot by Joseph Vargo
  7. Natural Mystic Guide: Mary-El

Click here for DoW 337 (12/18 - 12/24)

Click here for DoW 339 (1/1 - 1/7)

Edited by fire cat pickles

Thank you Fire cat for keeping our group going this past year! ❤️

This week I'll be using the Llewellyn Tarot, created by Anna-Marie Ferguson and published by Llewellyn. I'll also be using the Beasts of Albion, an oracle deck created by Miranda Gray and published by Aquarian. Today's draws are the Knight of Pentacles and the Otter:

knight%20of%20pentacles.jpg  otter.jpg
When you assess your own life, consider it with the eye of a gardener. Underneath the surface lies rich, fertile soil waiting to nurture the seeds you sow. Even more than you can imagine will grow there if given a chance.
– Steve Goodier

This Knight is not an exciting party boy like his cousin the Knight of Wands. People are more likely to call him solid and dependable. He is a methodical planner as well as diligent and committed when he puts those plans into action. He seems to ponder what he will plant next in the freshly plowed field in the background. He prods me to set an intention for the new year with a plan for execution rather than just assuming my expectations will magically appear. Yet Otter shows up, an animal known for playfulness and delight in simple pleasures. His appearance suggest my plans should not be so demanding that they will become a daily burden, tightly wrung of any joy. Such an onerous agenda would be unlikely to see a harvest.

fire cat pickles
1 hour ago, Bodhiseed said:

To all the DoW group, may joy, peace and well-being hop across your doorstep and stay throughout the new year!

image.thumb.jpeg.06c5c5de51fea727f9499687843f588e.jpeg

Thank you!

Welcome back @Bodhiseed

Thanks @fire cat pickles!

To everyone in this group which I cherish so very much, a very Merry Christmas! 🎄🎅🌲☃️

The new year's just around the corner. Let's shed the useless, harmful old and make way for the promising new!

(Will be drawing my card-a-day later, have to finish these cookies first. Top-priority stuff)

fire cat pickles
10 minutes ago, Akhilleus said:

To everyone in this group which I cherish so very much, a very Merry Christmas! 🎄🎅🌲☃️

The new year's just around the corner. Let's shed the useless, harmful old and make way for the promising new!

Thank you! I hope yours was as nice as mine was, and as uneventful and special. 

Very good advice for the upcoming new revolution around the Sun.

7 hours ago, fire cat pickles said:

Thank you! I hope yours was as nice as mine was, and as uneventful and special. 

Very good advice for the upcoming new revolution around the Sun.

You're welcome! Spent mine with the people I love so it was great. 

Posted my first card-a-day for this week.

Here I am!  Merry Christmas and blessed solstice to you all!  Great to see so many of us here!

This week and next I’ll be using my own Arcana Stones for the 12 Days of Christmas.  I created these when I was still using Golden Dawn majors astro attributions.  (I have since moved on to my own astro ideas.)  It’s basically tumbled stones attributed to tarot majors.  Attributions are attached.  (I still have a few sets for sale if you’re interested.)

Monday1.thumb.jpg.146d33d33b79e0f22fda5407477046ff.jpg

First, let’s do the shortened interview for a majors-only set.

Monday2.thumb.jpg.70c4797bad684b04864a60b6e4928884.jpg

What is your strength?  9-Hermit-Fluorite

Its strength is that it’s made of my own personal attributions which make sense to me.  It can make things almost clear, with enough color to help understand the light of truth.

What is your weakness?  2-Priestess-Moonstone

The moon is not the moon.  Its weakness is that it’s based on GD attributions, which I’ve moved away from.  It’s a superseded esoteric system that doesn’t really correlate with reality.

What can I learn from you?  10-Wheel-Botswana Agate

Anything!  It’s a good set for all kinds of questions.  Or I can learn that nothing stays the same but change, like the changes that I’ve made in my tarot studies.

What will be the outcome of our work together?  13-Death-Mahogany Obsidian

This is the last time I’ll use Arcana Stones for real readings?  I already stopped trying to promote and sell them so . . .

We'll see this week!

Arcana Stones Just List.pdf

15 hours ago, Bodhiseed said:

@Rachelcat, those are some beautiful stones! 

Well, I did pick the nicest ones for myself! 🙂 But they're all pretty good. 

Strangely, it was the most difficult to find SMALLER malachite tumbled stones to match the size of the others.  (I think they fall apart when they're too small.) 

But I really lucked out with the lot of clear quartz I got.  They're so clear, I love them!

(And as you see, I fudged a bit with two beads, the chiastolite and mother of pearl.)  

Edited by Rachelcat

I never signed up this week - oops! 

Gothic Tarot by Joseph Vargo. I’m a huge fan of the artist’s music (I listen to it a lot) and I got into his art from the album covers. The art is a mix of cards designed for this deck and previous art redesigned for the deck.

I use this with the Favole Tarot majors. The majors are great in that deck, but the minors and LWB were beyond useless. 

Balance tarot spread - Gothic tarot I shuffled for reversals. Quint card Favole Tarot.

1 3 2

1 Where am I not putting in enough energy?

2 Where am I putting in too much energy?

3 How can I create more balance?

Oh my goddess, tarot can completely crack me up. The Temperance card made me start laughing.

Card one. Queen of pentacles. This feels a little weird since I see her as the nurturer of the home and I’m trying desperately to get it all sorted and organized. It could also be that I’m not putting the right kind of energy into this. Or I’m not putting enough energy into myself. While I tend to see myself as the queen of swords, based on my astrological sign (Capricorn), I’m more likely to be the queen of Pentacles. And while I’m making changes, I haven’t been taking care of myself the way I know I need to.

Card two. Temperance. I’m attempting to force integration instead of letting it happen naturally. I’m not actually creating balance, I’m making a mess. This called for finesse not force.

Card three. Two of wands. This, to me, is the card of indecision. You’ve got good options and you need to pick one so you can move forward. I need to finalize my plan and start working it. And then I need to reassess in a month or so if it’s working or not and make changes then instead of getting stuck on if it’s “perfect” or not.

Quint card - Strength. This necessitates a firm but gentle approach. Brute force isn’t likely to produce the desired outcome.

Overall, no reversals so it’s not stuck energy. But that two of wands really looks like a blocked path.

Time for more introspection and I’ll have to upload a pic later. 

14 minutes ago, Petalene said:

I’m a huge fan of the artist’s music (I listen to it a lot) and I got into his art from the album covers.

I'm probably showing my age, but I had no idea Vargo was a musician! I just listened to a couple - I really liked "Labyrinth of Dreams" and "Pandora's Music Box." 😊

14 minutes ago, Bodhiseed said:

I'm probably showing my age, but I had no idea Vargo was a musician! I just listened to a couple - I really liked "Labyrinth of Dreams" and "Pandora's Music Box." 😊

He’s a really talented musician. I find his music helps me focus and it really sets the mood for reading tarot. Darklore Manor and Carnival of Lost Souls, both by Nox Arcana, are my favorites by him, but all of it is great. 

Nice to have you @Petalene! The Vargo Gothic is one of my absolute favorites, and was among the first decks I bought when I was started my collection, along with its companion book. But I have yet to try reading with it while listening to Vargo's music. One of these days Imma try just that. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!🎉

Jumping in at the last minute. Thank you for your openness @fire cat pickles

Deck:  Tattoo Tarot - Ink & Intuition

I have never read with this deck. I don't feel ready to purge it, tho. I want to give it a chance first. I bought it b/c a friend had it ... and I don't know if I even wanted it or if I was just being a copy cat.😻

General impressions ... it's a pip deck. The cards are quite large which is one reason I've not used it. Impossible to overhand shuffle with arthritis ... I had to do a spiral/pile thing.

This post is the Picture only.

Full reading is on my journal

IMG_0880.thumb.jpg.8fa7b331cfaa215456fc2eb56b6dfeb1.jpg

Natural Mystic Guide

I would like to continue with this again.

Deck:  Mary-El Tarot.

Thanks

fire cat pickles
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Natural Mystic Guide said:

I would like to continue with this again.

Deck:  Mary-El Tarot.

Thanks

Hi @Natural Mystic Guide this was the last day for this week. Would you like to add me to next week's in addition to this week's? (I take it you were working with the Mary-El this week so added you to this list here.)

Happy New Year!

Edited by fire cat pickles

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.