Jump to content

A BIGGER Shadowscapes??!?!!


Guest libra

Recommended Posts

It's true!  There's an edition of Shadowscapes out that is slightly bigger! 

 

The catch, though, is that it's not in English.  But, it does exist - the Czech edition of Shadowscapes is bigger & gilded in gold!  It's so lovely. 

 

tumblr_phuh15wMhP1ss41ro_540.jpg

 

The image in the top right shows how the card, with the borders fits right into the space the image gets on the Czech version.  So, it's basically as if it was printed the same size, but borderless as for as the size of the image.  Except it keeps the borders and gets loooooovely gold edges!  The card stock is a bit thicker as well. 

 

I got mine on eBay, so I don't know if it's even easily available these days, but if you love Shadowscapes and dream of a bigger card, it's out there!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got this version too, and it is GORGEOUS! The printing quality of the images seems to be better, too, so the images look sharper as well as bigger. I got mine from Amazon.de (shipped to US). :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

just sayin', I expect this is bootleg. You might ask the artist if she oked this reprint.

It was available though amazon and has an ISBN number, so I feel like it's authorized? I'm no lawyer though.

 

Eta - it's done through Synergie Publishing - https://www.synergiepublishing.com/cs/shop/andele-vesteni/tarotove-komplety/000116_tarot-skrytych-svetu.php Either they are the most professional bootleg site I've ever seen, or its legit lol!

Link to post
Share on other sites

just sayin', I expect this is bootleg. You might ask the artist if she oked this reprint.

It was available though amazon and has an ISBN number, so I feel like it's authorized? I'm no lawyer though.

 

Eta - it's done through Synergie Publishing - https://www.synergiepublishing.com/cs/shop/andele-vesteni/tarotove-komplety/000116_tarot-skrytych-svetu.php Either they are the most professional bootleg site I've ever seen, or its legit lol!

cards in link are legit as it's listed on bd with same isbn; https://www.bookdepository.com/Tarot-skryt%C3%BDch-sv%C4%9Bt%C5%AF-Barbara-Moore/9788073702083

Link to post
Share on other sites
Saturn Celeste

That's one of the reasons I never got the deck.  The images are just too small and too complex to really read it well.  My eyes are not what they used to be!

Link to post
Share on other sites

odd_soul Would you point me to the deck you got on their website.  The website shows several of the cards, but none published by Synergie.  I'd like to order them if I can determine that it is the larger version.  Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

odd_soul Would you point me to the deck you got on their website.  The website shows several of the cards, but none published by Synergie.  I'd like to order them if I can determine that it is the larger version.  Thanks.

 

 

Absolutely! These are the ones I got: https://www.amazon.de/Tarot-skryt%C3%BDch-sv%C4%9Bt%C5%AF-Kniha-karet/dp/8073702088

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I'm pretty late to the party, but I just discovered this edition. Unfortunately, it seems to be OOP already, or at least really hard to get.

 

I adore this deck, and I think it's one of the most beautiful decks ever, hands down, but I had to let go of mine because of the size. To my eyes --and my close range vision is still pretty good-- the cards were nothing but tiny lavender blurs...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Siavahda

As far as I can tell, the Czech edition is oop now.

 

What kind of campaigning do you think it would take to convince an English publisher that we NEED bigger cards + gilding for a new English-language edition??? 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
Papageno

Did Llewellyn agree to license this to Synergie Publishing House? 🤔 

 

gold gilding, how enticing huh........

strange dontcha think that this is OOP everywhere you look......

 

ISBN #'s...........easily duplicated, theoretically, new formats and editions should have a new ISBN #

 

just some casual observations

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Siavahda said:

As far as I can tell, the Czech edition is oop now.

 

What kind of campaigning do you think it would take to convince an English publisher that we NEED bigger cards + gilding for a new English-language edition??? 🤔

That's a good question. I tried contacting the artist herself YEARS ago, but she never responded. This is her website: https://www.shadowscapes.com/

 

Perhaps if enough people contacted her....?

 

(Speaking of which, she does not list the Czech edition in her curriculum vitae, or any edition outside of the Llewellyn one, for that matter. Which could possibly mean that luxurious Czech edition was bootlegged --well, unless she forgot to update her CV, which is always possible.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

How intriguing. If they'd scanned the cards and then printed then larger the quality would be an issue, yet apparently the print quality is good. Unless they had access to the original scanned artwork. Or a larger image...

 

Has anyone emailed Llewellyn?

Link to post
Share on other sites
odd_soul
Posted (edited)

It’s been a while, but when I was looking into this a couple years ago when I got the deck, I think someone said the artist did respond and let them know the Czech version was legit, but I could be misremembering. It’s still listed on Synergie’s site, just unavailable. 
 

I can attest to the fact that the print quality is amazing on the Czech version, much clearer and sharper than the Llewellyn version. It definitely doesn’t look scanned or bootlegged at all. The card stock is also amazing, not to thick and not too thin. (The gilding, however, wasn’t very well done and it’s worn off quite a bit, especially on the corners, despite the fact that I haven’t used the deck much at all!)
 

If Llewellyn made a larger version in English, I would be ALL over that. 

Edited by odd_soul
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2020 at 11:14 PM, Siavahda said:

As far as I can tell, the Czech edition is oop now.

 

What kind of campaigning do you think it would take to convince an English publisher that we NEED bigger cards + gilding for a new English-language edition??? 🤔

Big Cards are thing at the moment at least with LS ks decks? 🙂 so maybe asking publisher for kickstarter edt?:) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2020 at 2:47 AM, FLizarraga said:

That's a good question. I tried contacting the artist herself YEARS ago, but she never responded. This is her website: https://www.shadowscapes.com/

 

Perhaps if enough people contacted her....?

 

(Speaking of which, she does not list the Czech edition in her curriculum vitae, or any edition outside of the Llewellyn one, for that matter. Which could possibly mean that luxurious Czech edition was bootlegged --well, unless she forgot to update her CV, which is always possible.)

I've try contacting her Any way possible (email, insta,fb, 3Rd person etc) to ask about copyright status & if she would be interested in selfpublushing limited Larger Borderless edt!:) imo it's totally possible with pod such as mpc & kickstarter!:) & even gilded edges would be an option if plenty people join I'm sure would!:) but sadly no reply so far,,, imo it's likely she filter as spam all similar request due to amount of inquireis she may be reciving on daily basis & fact of piracy issue, ,, btw I think Chez edt with gilded edges & firm box is legit as pirates don't bother with luxury add ons & usually go for small card size?:)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2020 at 8:20 AM, reall said:

I've try contacting her Any way possible (email, insta,fb, 3Rd person etc) to ask about copyright status & if she would be interested in selfpublushing limited Larger Borderless edt!:) imo it's totally possible with pod such as mpc & kickstarter!:) & even gilded edges would be an option if plenty people join I'm sure would!:) but sadly no reply so far,,, imo it's likely she filter as spam all similar request due to amount of inquireis she may be reciving on daily basis & fact of piracy issue, ,, btw I think Chez edt with gilded edges & firm box is legit as pirates don't bother with luxury add ons & usually go for small card size?:)

This deck deserves to be borderless and larger sized.  I feel the same way in regards to The Llewellyn tarot and the Mystic Dreamer tarot. Those decks all need to ditch those borders and be bigger 😍👍.  Did anyone reach out to Llewellyn yet or hear back anything? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2020 at 1:14 AM, Venus Rising said:

This deck deserves to be borderless and larger sized.  I feel the same way in regards to The Llewellyn tarot and the Mystic Dreamer tarot. Those decks all need to ditch those borders and be bigger 😍👍.  Did anyone reach out to Llewellyn yet or hear back anything? 

agree!:) maybe you should try reaching out to Llewellyn & ask for petition page or something?:) if big number of people ask they may consider it especially as we see borderless & large card trends are thing now!;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2020 at 6:47 AM, reall said:

agree!:) maybe you should try reaching out to Llewellyn & ask for petition page or something?:) if big number of people ask they may consider it especially as we see borderless & large card trends are thing now!;)

Not a bad idea! And you’re right, big and borderless is totally on trend.  I’ll reach out to them this week, thanks for the reminder 😊👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yey! Waiting for reply!:) hopefully they get a hint!;) *fingerscrossed 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FLizarraga said:

Does anyone know if this website is kosher? It is clearly Czech, but still, one never knows:

I don't know but wikipedia says it is one of the main websites in Czech Republic

Quote

Google translate: Heureka is the largest shopping portal and price comparator on the Czech internet. Each month, an average of three million real users [3] [4] [5] visit the web, choosing from twenty-seven million products and tens of thousands of online stores. Heureka is also one of the 10 most visited websites in the Czech Republic per month.

It offers a wide range of functions from comparing store prices and comparing the parameters of selected products through verified reviews and advice to shopping without having to leave the website, all in a huge number of categories. ...

https://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heureka.cz

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Chez is EU so it should be legit shop?:) also pic shows author name 2piece box & gilded edges so imo it's good indicator deck is original as pirates don't have any of these!:)

Also heureka just list item details & shops where you can order it?:)

 

Btw not sure these shops have paypal?:)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.