Tarot Storage

keychain

4 hours ago, fire cat pickles said:

I must say that I am so jealous of how neat this collection looks. My glass cabinet is a total mess compared to this! You are an inspiration to get mine looking this organized.

Thank you! It really is so much fun when things are organized in a visually pleasing way. Plus the upside was also that relatives that came to stay were intrigued by tarot in a positive way. 

Well this is what I ended up with for now with what I have on hand. 

I managed to reconnect most decks with their original boxes but some of the older ones I no longer have ( I had no idea of the value in keeping them) or the deck was an indie that didn’t come with a box. 
    Keeping them in their boxes is very practical because I don’t have to make room to store them and I can easily tell what deck it is. I’d love to figure out something that was attractive, sturdy, protective and easily let me see what deck it is. It would be lovely if all the manufacturers would make nice sturdy boxes that will hold up to use and storage like the Tarot Illuminati, Dark Mansion and Hezicos Tarot boxes then I’d be happy with the boxes they come in. 

2818D55E-575A-4118-BC44-90A6DD198AD9.thumb.jpeg.b86688435e2b56b68f0f56b151e2d0f2.jpeg

12 hours ago, Mesha said:

Well this is what I ended up with for now with what I have on hand. 

I managed to reconnect most decks with their original boxes but some of the older ones I no longer have ( I had no idea of the value in keeping them) or the deck was an indie that didn’t come with a box. 
    Keeping them in their boxes is very practical because I don’t have to make room to store them and I can easily tell what deck it is. I’d love to figure out something that was attractive, sturdy, protective and easily let me see what deck it is. It would be lovely if all the manufacturers would make nice sturdy boxes that will hold up to use and storage like the Tarot Illuminati, Dark Mansion and Hezicos Tarot boxes then I’d be happy with the boxes they come in. 

2818D55E-575A-4118-BC44-90A6DD198AD9.thumb.jpeg.b86688435e2b56b68f0f56b151e2d0f2.jpeg

It looks very nice and organized! 😀

Mouse_in_the_Sun

You know, I actually haven't given aesthetic storage much thought. The original box mine came in was soft cardboard, and, as someone disorganized who took my cards everywhere, it fell apart fairly quickly. In the meantime I've been keeping them in a small plastic box that used to hold chocolates. I really need to look into metal boxes or tins sometime

So many beautiful collections here (and very helpful and interesting tips as well)! I have not acquired the space yet to properly organize and store my collection (although this seems to be slowly changing and my collection is small enough it's not too difficult to keep track of.) But I think for silliest-aesthetic-wise case I have is this one that is a tin that the parents of a very dear friend gave to me that was fully of homemade cookies:

image.png.e3d4045634c36301925e4c144f68f53a.png

My first - and most personal - deck, whose box was busted and beat up when I acquired it and fell apart almost immediately, was placed in here (after I washed the case of course) because I was at a loss for another other way to store it. But the case's emotional significance became a reminder for why I love reading tarot so much, so it hasn't moved homes yet. I am planning on it soon though, hopefully this year! I may even decide to paint the tin itself instead, but am unsure...

I aspire to one day be at the organized aesthetic level of so many of you, but today is not that day :bubble_blol:

Edited by zedekiel

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.