Guest Night Shade

How can you tell if your guardian spirits are real?

What next?  You'll be saying don't believe in unicorns next!

Or even worse - gnomes!!  :bugeyed:

Dragons ,unicorns, gnomes, fairies - I choose to believe in everything magical!  :)

I wonder if they believe in us humans?

haha Raggydoll[/member] ..

I sometimes wonder myself 

Schrödinger's cat? Gedankenexperiment?

I researched this when I was writing my last book. Mind-bending stuff.

Yes, but mainly variations on the double slit for starters. The single photon variant is weird enough, but the quantum eraser... just how exactly are we mean to get to grips with retrospective causality?!?  :o

It's a wonderful world we live in!  ;D

This is an awesome post, Arch -  both poetical and philosophical at the same time.  I need a little time to digest this, but I like the point you made about how the more you invest in these figures, the stronger they become, because they're your creations.  Which brings up the question of whether things you create in your mind are as real as things you create with your hands.  I don't know the answer to this, and I wonder if anyone does or ever will.

Thanks!  ;D

Personally I think realness is overrated.

What is more important is that our experience of the world is filled with meaning.

When we start to run down paths of philosophical realness, then it just becomes a battle about being right in principle.

To win a point in a debate, and to rise in the regard of other people.

In the modern age, being slightly wrong about the metaphysical fabric of reality is no big deal.

You go to work, you buy your groceries and you feel meaning because of your metaphysical stance.

Seeing the tangle of figuring out what is ultimately real,

any deity would clearly be in the wrong to be insulted over us not knowing up from down.

Such a deity  should really consider to upgrade our mental capabilities to understand quantum mechanics intuitively if the whole deal is THAT important.

I think old religious texts framed the deities in such a way to create social cohesion and not actually reflect real metaphysical entities.

So yeah meaning is the ultimate measuring bar in my opinion.

I got the idea from Jung though.

This world is empty to him alone who does not understand how to direct his libido towards objects,

and to render them alive and beautiful for himself, for Beauty does not indeed lie in things, but in the feeling that we give to them.

Carl Jung

Guest Night Shade

Hi, Arch[/member]

I completely agree that realness is overrated!  In the end does it really matter if something is physically real or not, as long as it gives us meaning and lifts us up?  I don't think so.

I liked what you said about battling to win a point in a debate.  I'm always arguing just to argue, which is a total waste of time and energy.

I'm always arguing just to argue, which is a total waste of time and energy.

Except if it gives you meaning  ;)

I find irony upon layers of irony within this can of worms.

I think my ego will explode/implode if I take this any further.  :-X

I do and have and continue to work with guardian spirits.  I have seen angels and even Saints (as I am also a Catholic born and bred) when I meditate and pray for guidance and help in some way or just to be.  I know many would find that as odd and even think I'm day dreaming and its not real.  But they are real to me and I fully believe in them and that they are there for me.  So yes! I DO believe they are real and not imaginary.  If your guardian dragons are there for you and helpful to you--then keep on believing in them and working with them.  I also believe in God--not so much as this great ol' man with a long white beard as he is often depicted, but as an energy form who is neither man nor woman--just is.  (something that drove the nuns I had in school crazy when I said that I felt "God" was uni-sexed).   

Also as a psychic medium, I was often told that the "spirits" I saw were imaginary and I was nuts.  But, if so, then why do people whom I didn't know anything about could identify the spirit I was seeing around them? 

And, yes, I believe in dragons, unicorns tree spirits and all of the "Little People" too.  :) 

Guest Night Shade

I'm teaching a bit of introductory quantum mechanics at the moment; mind-bending stuff. The key message I'm taking is that the whole concept of 'real' is a bit vague. Assuming the Copenhagen Interpretation, most of the universe only exists as probability functions until it's observed. Who is to say that dragons (for some definition of them) are not a part of those probabilities?

OK, that's taking the science a bit further than it'll comfortably go, but you get the point!  :))

Schrödinger's cat? Gedankenexperiment?

I researched this when I was writing my last book. Mind-bending stuff.

Yes, but mainly variations on the double slit for starters. The single photon variant is weird enough, but the quantum eraser... just how exactly are we mean to get to grips with retrospective causality?!?  :o

It's a wonderful world we live in!  ;D

Thank you, Wanderer[/member] and sandrang123[/member] .  This conversation went over my head at "quantum mechanics" but I do get the point!  :))

Guest Night Shade

I do and have and continue to work with guardian spirits.  I have seen angels and even Saints (as I am also a Catholic born and bred) when I meditate and pray for guidance and help in some way or just to be.  I know many would find that as odd and even think I'm day dreaming and its not real.  But they are real to me and I fully believe in them and that they are there for me.  So yes! I DO believe they are real and not imaginary.  If your guardian dragons are there for you and helpful to you--then keep on believing in them and working with them.  I also believe in God--not so much as this great ol' man with a long white beard as he is often depicted, but as an energy form who is neither man nor woman--just is.  (something that drove the nuns I had in school crazy when I said that I felt "God" was uni-sexed).   

Also as a psychic medium, I was often told that the "spirits" I saw were imaginary and I was nuts.  But, if so, then why do people whom I didn't know anything about could identify the spirit I was seeing around them? 

And, yes, I believe in dragons, unicorns tree spirits and all of the "Little People" too.  :) 

Thank you, Luna[/member] .  My dragons are real to me, and they are helpful, so I will keep on believing in them and working with them.

Dragons are not real - they are fantasy and imagination only. So, if they do not exist in real life how can they exist as anyones guardians?

However, no harm in imagining you have such majestic beasts I suppose, but do not go around saying you have them because if the wrong people got wind of you - you might end up like Rupunzel or Cinderella or something worse!!! .  :bugeyed:

DND  X/

actually, there are indeed dragons--perhaps not the fire breathing dragons you are thinking of!  But, yes, there are truly dragons that roam the earth.  Such as a Komodo Dragon.  One such dragon.  And, there are also flying dragons!  In Asia anyway.  While I haven't heard of a real fire breathing dragon, there are such things as dragons.

This said, it is often noted that even mystical 'animals' can become our totem animal/power animal.  Many people have unicorns or the Phoenix.

Also, many people would even laugh at the thought of shamanism, energy healers, psychic mediums and other mystical/magical ways, and think we who practice such things are being very childish--however, we who are indeed practicing these skills, mostly will see it as a true and real practice.

eta: oops!  I see that I've not only already posted on this subject and forgotten it, but that many others have posted about the Komodo Dragon and other like things already.  And, I also wasn't answering the question put out to us on this subject as to do these things truly exist.  yes, I believe that if you feel their presence and believe it is happening, then it is true.  There are too many things out there that cannot be proven and yet we believe, as was also mentioned--gnomes, angels and the like. 

I also have had visions and felt the presence of angels and saints when I've been meditating and praying to them.  Many would probably scoff at my saying so and tell me I am dreaming--but the world is not so black and white.  There are lots of things out there that are truly with us, that hasn't and probably never will be 100% proven to be *real*.