Althusser

Can anyone help me find this?

_R_
7 minutes ago, Grandma said:

Thank you @_R_.  It was just over a year ago that I PM'd you about the 3rd edition of this deck.  You helped me then and you helped me now - thank you!

You're welcome. Time flies, doesn't it? The 3rd edition sold out in something like less than 2 weeks, I was told, as the artist only prints a couple of hundred each time. And you can guess that there is a massive internal market in China, where people can get the decks a lot more easily than those abroad.

Niobium
Posted (edited)

Sure thing @Grandma ! The actual ebuy7 link is here: https://www.ebuy7.com/item/spot-broken-mirror-tarot-broken-mirror-tarot-3rd-edition-3-0-edition-575984745323 Note the link says 3rd edition but once you go to it there's actually 3 choices. The translations using Google translate, should you not read Chinese, aren't great but allowed me to muddle through. The 4th edition is called the 'Latest' edition on this page, and lists at about $70. FedEx Express was $18 to ship in total, took about 4-5 days to reach the US West Coast. (I'd have been fine with cheaper/slower but the shipping options you'll see now were different when I checked, and it wasn't clear what I was selecting. The labels make more sense now.)

I received what you see in the pictures at the top, though my bag is solid black velvet and not the starry fabric. In fact it's identical to the bag in the first review _R_ posted, except black. (I suspect the description indicates your bag will vary and the one there is just an example.) Note that as you scroll down the page they're also showing the third edition in other pictures, since this page was until recently offering the last few copies of 3rd Ed.

As _R_ indicated, this isn't what I'd call a low risk transaction, but after some reading around about ebuy7 I decided to give it a shot. It's hard for me to tell if the decks offered here are all coming from the same seller, but if they are, this one was at least perfectly quick to respond and got it sent out as soon as it was available.

Edited by Niobium

Grandma

Thank you @Niobium for this helpful information!  I'll take a look right away.

Niobium
Posted (edited)

And apologies for the thread necro **again** but this is just to update: I finally sorted out who I actually bought the deck from. It's a Taobao seller named (translation courtesy of Google Translate, warts and all) 'Elemental Tarot Magic Museum' and other variants. I discovered this because I was trying to find a copy of another deck, saw a listing on ebuy7 again, and did some digging. Here's the seller's page on Taobao: https://world.taobao.com/dianpu/63564635.htm

This seller's reviews are positive and I haven't been able to find complaints. The deck I received is, near as I can tell, definitely an original; obviously I can't be 100% sure given I didn't buy it from the artist herself, but every other 4th Edition I've seen online looks the same. So, if a listing is from them, you may be in the clear. They shipped my order promptly and were responsive to questions, which IME isn't common with sellers offering bootlegs. (Obviously if you can read Chinese then you'll have an easier time!)

Edited by Niobium

gregory

The translated seller you list matches the place someone bought me mine from.

Niobium
Posted (edited)

Hey let's just bring this back one MORE time: the artist has a new deck out, 'Notes Taro', which you can see on looktarot.com:

http://www.looktarot.com/tarot_result.php?id=860

I mention it here because much of the art is similar/the same as Broken Mirror, though the coloring is different and the cards are, of course, white instead of black. Can't seem to find it available outside of the Museum just yet, but I imagine 'Elemental Magic Tarot Shop' will have one before long.

Edited by Niobium

Niobium

I *did* manage to find a Taobao link from a seller, but they don't ship overseas, alas. Fingers crossed Elemental can get it!

Venus Rising
On 7/28/2020 at 3:39 PM, Niobium said:

Hey let's just bring this back one MORE time: the artist has a new deck out, 'Notes Taro', which you can see on looktarot.com:

http://www.looktarot.com/tarot_result.php?id=860

I mention it here because much of the art is similar/the same as Broken Mirror, though the coloring is different and the cards are, of course, white instead of black. Can't seem to find it available outside of the Museum just yet, but I imagine 'Elemental Magic Tarot Shop' will have one before long.

I love the look of this deck! thanks for telling us about it @Niobium 🤩🤩

Niobium

np 😄 And er uh...in maybe 3 weeks or so I will have a copy to post pictures of. We'll see. >.>