I couldn't find a specific sub-forum dedicated to (study) books, so I'm posting this here; please feel free to point out a more suitable place! 🙂

Quite a long time ago, I purchased a pdf online with tarot exercises.

The way I remember it, the book / course was aimed at learning about and developing yourself through the tarot - not so much at learning tarot card meanings.

It had line drawn illustrations, quite cute, of flowers etc.

But, several computers / harddrives later, I have no idea where it is, what it was called or who made it....

I've tried googling, but so far haven't had any luck in finding it.

Does it ring a bell with anyone?

Or, do you know of a book or online resourse that might be similar?

I am not looking for something to teach me / guide me through card meanings, but rather for something that uses those cards (possibly face-up) to give insight into my own goals, fears, motivations, patterns etc.

A bit like Andy Matzner's (excellent!) tarot activity book, but more structured

Guest Night Shade

It could be Tarot For Your Self, by Mary K. Greer.  If it's not, you should check this book out anyway, because it's an excellent resource.

Posted (edited)

My first thought was of Daily Tarot Girl's Ultimate Tarot Activity Book. It has line art and some of it is flowers. It sounds like what you are looking for but it may not be too.

I also have Mary K. Greer's book. It's awesome. There is a lot to do with it and I'm not even halfway through it.

Edited by AnomalyTempest

50 minutes ago, Night Shade said:

It could be Tarot For Your Self, by Mary K. Greer.  If it's not, you should check this book out anyway, because it's an excellent resource.

It was an online pdf download, not a book - but yes, in the same vein as Tarot for your self, which is an *excellent* book (one of the first tarot books I bought).

46 minutes ago, AnomalyTempest said:

My first thought was of Daily Tarot Girl's Ultimate Tarot Activity Book. It has line art and some of it is flowers. It sounds like what you are looking for but it may not be too.

I also have Mary K. Greer's book. It's awesome. There is a lot to do with it and I'm not even halfway through it.

That might be it, going to check it out!

Posted (edited)

Night Shade, you reminded me that I also have Mary K Greer's 'Tarot Mirrors', which I haven't worked much with yet - thank you!

There is a third book in that series which i don't have, Tarot Constellations; it's been reprinted with extra content under a different title, I might have to find that one too. 😄

Edit: Yes, the Ultimate Tarot journal is the one I had in mind, at least looks-wise!

Yay!

And, searching for similar things, there is also some great stuff at Spiral Sea Tarot here:

http://www.spiralseatarot.com/freebies

The Illuminate Your Intuition one, for instance, looks good too. 

Edited by Hedera

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Hedera said:

Night Shade, you reminded me that I also have Mary K Greer's 'Tarot Mirrors', which I haven't worked much with yet - thank you!

There is a third book in that series which i don't have, Tarot Constellations; it's been reprinted with extra content under a different title, I might have to find that one too. 😄

There is also "21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card". I don't have it but I checked it out from the library and my stack of notes is bigger than the book itself. 😛

Edited by AnomalyTempest

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, AnomalyTempest said:

There is also "21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card". I don't have it but I checked it out from the library and my stack of note is bigger than the book itself. 😛

Haha, yes, I have that one also... 😉

I keep starting over with a different deck / card and getting bogged down somewhere in the middle - it's quite a commitment if you want to do all the journaling etc!

That one leans more towards 'learning the cards' though, in my mind, less towards self-development.

But yes, excellent book, and a good candidate for one of those 'if you could only have one tarot book' things!

Edit: another excellent one is Tarot for Self Discovery, by Nina Lee Braden; looks like it's oop, but there are still plenty of affordable copies around

Edited by Hedera

Guest Night Shade
2 hours ago, AnomalyTempest said:

There is also "21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card". I don't have it but I checked it out from the library and my stack of notes is bigger than the book itself. 😛

Her "Complete Book of Tarot Reversals" is good too.  Even if you don't read reversals, it's worth the read because she gives thorough interpretation for the upright cards as well.

Guest Night Shade
3 hours ago, AnomalyTempest said:

This looks lovely!  I'll have to check this one out.

21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card will take you on quite a self discovery journey, I found it transformational when I did it.  I did not only learn more about Tarot but a lot more about myself too.  I highly recommend it for self discovery, and it does it in a sort of sneaky way you do not realize what is happening and wham there you are self discovering.  I recommend doing first the apprentice level exercises and then when you finish those going back to and doing the journeyman exercises.  Yes, it is a commitment, but it is totally worth it!

I also have Tarot for Self-Discovery and I enjoy that book as well, though it is something totally different.  Great for journaling.

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the suggestion of 21 ways to Read tarot card.  I am going to check that one out of the library as it seems right up my alley. 

Edited by Halcyon