Dinosaures de Marseille On Kickstarter!

Deviation

Yeah guys, me too for the dressed up cats or dogs!

More, if someone creates a deck with nude people in a cave with their dressed up pets (in the same deck), I won't support that! 🤪

Guest D76
10 hours ago, Thoughtful said:

Why are you so hard and sarcastic

Because 99 % of tarot-decks from Kickstarter is real cheap trash.

imho.

Edited by D76

Many of my favourite decks have come through Kickstarter - True Black, Children of Litha, Numinous... I think the Next World tarot was on Kickstarter too, although I pre-ordered it post-campaign. I'll admit there are sometimes decks I find absolutely hideous...but I also find it really fascinating to see the huge variety in decks that speak to people. A deck I hate really speaks to someone else, even if it's only the creator. It's like getting a little snapshot into the creator's Self, isn't it?

Of course, every deck is like that, arguably, whether it's indie or trad-published. But I love how experimental the indie scene is, and Kickstarter is a huge part of that. And I also love that Kickstarter allows creators to keep more control over their decks (even if that means going without the experience traditional publishers have in getting a deck to a finished product). So I'm always going to be a Kickstarter fan, even if I'm not always a fan of the decks that appear on it!

Nordica De Spell
On 5/5/2019 at 4:26 PM, Decan said:

Yeah guys, me too for the dressed up cats or dogs!

More, if someone creates a deck with nude people in a cave with their dressed up pets (in the same deck), I won't support that! 🤪

+1 roflmao

Nordica De Spell
On 5/5/2019 at 2:22 PM, gregory said:

I try not to look at kickstarter any more, because of the UK customs thing.

I don’t know your taste, but surely you would, once Sylvia Ritter Tarot and Yoshi Yoshitani Tarot are a go? 

Of course, they’re still work in progress, and that’s a good thing because I’m broke! 

54E9273C-7F10-41A0-B63A-0A7848FB6683.jpeg

On 5/7/2019 at 1:48 PM, Nordica De Spell said:

E780266D-A2F8-4310-8E8C-CA75D6804A66.jpeg

C4B612C9-0E27-4C3E-B8FC-01E89E788C62.jpeg

D2E1AE6D-7656-4A8E-AF96-CB22F7BC4BF3.jpeg

2EEFE993-8F50-4AEE-9E3F-6E157332062F.jpeg

DFB7E339-8992-4A4C-9796-C0CD06EC64B2.jpeg

I cannot wait for EITHER of these decks! But Yoshi said their Fairytale deck is being traditionally published - it was announced on their twitter a little while ago - so there won't be a Kickstarter, I don't think. Unless Yoshi wants to do something similar to the Language of Flowers dictionary, where the creator included the (trad published) deck as one of the rewards but the main goal was something else related to the deck. (Personally, I would lunge at an art book for the Fairytale deck!)

Nordica De Spell
57 minutes ago, Siavahda said:

I cannot wait for EITHER of these decks! But Yoshi said their Fairytale deck is being traditionally published - it was announced on their twitter a little while ago - so there won't be a Kickstarter, I don't think. Unless Yoshi wants to do something similar to the Language of Flowers dictionary, where the creator included the (trad published) deck as one of the rewards but the main goal was something else related to the deck. (Personally, I would lunge at an art book for the Fairytale deck!)

Dear @Siavahda🌸 🌸

So glad that someone else love them too! 💜

Thanks for the info on the Fairytale one! (It wasn’t on the home page.) But I signed up for the newsletter, so whenever it’s published I hope they’ll let you know! It’s just one of those decks where there’s no ”Do I want it, or don’t I?” process going on, just love&buy at first sight...

As long as there’s minors and art-wise they are something similar to the majors, it would just be one of the prettiest decks I’ve ever seen!!

I’d gulp it up, press pledge or order, whatever it takes! 🤗

I've been excited for the Fairytale deck for awhile now, anyone what publisher is taking up that deck? I can't find that info anywhere. I hope it's one with decent cardstock, it would be a shame to see that beautiful art go on the cardstock I've seen from some publishers.

I hadn't seen the Sylvia Ritter one, it looks quite promising as well! 

Nordica De Spell
3 hours ago, Pixie said:

I've been excited for the Fairytale deck for awhile now, anyone what publisher is taking up that deck? I can't find that info anywhere. I hope it's one with decent cardstock, it would be a shame to see that beautiful art go on the cardstock I've seen from some publishers.

I hadn't seen the Sylvia Ritter one, it looks quite promising as well! 

@Pixie,

Agreed that a deck like that deserves to be printed on quality cardstock. We’ll have to hope together! 

The Sylvia Ritter one might take some time, as it isn’t her day project. Her art prints are worth checking out. Sometimes with all the great art out there, I wish I was a billionaire. 🙂

Took me a while to track down the tweet (I am NOT a Twitter-savvy person!) but here's where Yoshi made the announcement!

I'm pretty sure after all the work that's gone into the deck, they won't use anything but the highest-quality EVERYTHING. Although I admit I have not heard of Ten Speed Press before.

Nordica De Spell

Thanks @Siavahda!

Looks like there’s a timeline they’re working towards as well!

I haven’t heard of that publishing company either, but it makes sense that someone whom seem to take such care with the details (i.e the flower dictionary art book,) would also care how the deck is published. 🌺

5 hours ago, Siavahda said:

Took me a while to track down the tweet (I am NOT a Twitter-savvy person!) but here's where Yoshi made the announcement!

I'm pretty sure after all the work that's gone into the deck, they won't use anything but the highest-quality EVERYTHING. Although I admit I have not heard of Ten Speed Press before.

Oh thanks! I haven't heard of that publisher either, maybe they are just starting to get into the deck game.

AJ-ish/Sharyn

ten speed press has been around forever it seems, their little black deck was one of my first purchases.

It is part of Crown Publishing now, a big international press, so the deck has been picked up and won't be personally published. 

Nordica De Spell
1 minute ago, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

ten speed press has been around forever it seems, their little black deck was one of my first purchases.

It is part of Crown Publishing now, a big international press, so the deck has been picked up and won't be personally published. 

Ok! Thanks for the info. 🌻

On 4/24/2019 at 10:35 AM, Nordica De Spell said:

KaiNO[/member]

Looks like you’ve got a lot to digest there!

Far as VAT, I do what you do, push the order button and figure I’ll deal with the customs bill later. By the time the deck arrives, it’s usually on next months bill anyways. NOT the responsible way of doing it, but I want my tarot decks with a lot of fun and accessibility, as in Yay! I could afford it! And that feeling for sure wouldn’t be there if I actually sat myself down with the actual costs  :rolleyes: ;;) 😄

Btw, The Cheimonette looks lovely, and I would sweep it up right away!! ...unfortunately, as per above policy I’m really broke at the moment, and can’t even afford the deck cost itself  :eek:

Ah well, there’s always The Arthur Rackham Oracle to look forward to, now with gold edges...

Congrats. on your acquisitions. It’s always so exciting with new deck arrivals!  ❤️ :heartz:

Thanks, @Nordica De Spell 🙂

Sorry for my late reply.

Hehe, I know what you mean, it's tempting to order and just take the bill when it arrives 😉 

I don't know where you're located, but my experience in my country is that internet stores are well aware of fees and tax rules within each country so they always set a low value on the package to avoid these extra expenses for the recipient.  I've gone way beyond the approximately $40 limit for commodity + shipping several times, but never got any additional expenses 😀

But annoying that shipping is so expensive when I live so far away from the US where most decks are made.

Nordica De Spell

@KaiNO,

For me it has varied a little bit. On some I had to pay the full customs, on other occasions it slipped through customs un-noticed 🤫 , and at other times sellers have been kind to label the parcel a gift or put a lower value (at their own initiative.) 

So, it’s a gamble, but most of the time there’s been extra postal fees and vat to be payed, even where there’s no custom fees. 

I’d totally agree with what you’re saying — 

It would be pure shopping heaven to live in the U.S, and then a year or two later I’d re-appear in one of those tv shows where they attempt to save hoarders... 😕 

And personally, I also follow Extreme Couponing with great interest... I’d be one of those as well... 

On Hawaii, preferably 😛 ...

Then again, Hawaii isn’t mainland, so shipping fees are probably a pain there as well? 

(But on Hawaii, I wouldn’t need stuff. Just a couple of flip-flops and a pineapple drink. 🍍 

Sorry that this de-railed from the tarot track. 🙂

@Nordica De Spell,

Yes, this is a little derailment from the thread so I hide my answer in a spoiler:

Spoiler

Good idea! Perhaps I can join you in Hawaii. Flip-flops and pineapple drinks are sooo much better than winter shoes and expensive bars here 😄😜

If we have the same preferences in tarot decks we can buy decks in bulks of two and probably gain big discounts 🤔😏😆

I've never heard about extreme coupons before  (what's wrong with Apps?) but I'll learn ☺️

Nordica De Spell

In an attempt to resume original intent for this thread:

Joanna Nelson’s Whispering Spirits Tarot is a go for 11 more days.

Personally, I’m broke right now and have to pass 😞, but maybe someone else would get to enjoy it!

AJ-ish/Sharyn

well Cosita, I backed it! thank you for pointing it out. Such expressive faces 🙂

there is a Low Riders based on a brown and black doxie dog pair, I have a pair like it and feel a little guilted to back it, but it just isn't cutting it as tarot for me. 

I hate the way kickstarter brings back results, even though I have the sorting methods saved, lots of stuff that isn't tarot, stuff that has long been funded, etc. No doubt why I don't bother to look for myself, and appreciate when members point out new decks. Thanks! 

Edited by AJ-ish/Sharyn

8 hours ago, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

well Cosita, I backed it! thank you for pointing it out. Such expressive faces 🙂

there is a Low Riders based on a brown and black doxie dog pair, I have a pair like it and feel a little guilted to back it, but it just isn't cutting it as tarot for me. 

I hate the way kickstarter brings back results, even though I have the sorting methods saved, lots of stuff that isn't tarot, stuff that has long been funded, etc. No doubt why I don't bother to look for myself, and appreciate when members point out new decks. Thanks! 

@AJ-ish/Sharyn The dinosaur TdM is a tarot deck I didn't know I needed! I'm glad you liked it too. And I'm on the same boat as you with the Low Riders. I've always wanted a dog deck but somehow I'm not convinced to get this one.

Edited by cosita

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.