This Is The All-singing, All-dancing Tarot Enabling Thread!

FLizarraga

3 hours ago, gregory said:

So ENABLE one you like, RW.... These are not serious threads, you know...

No can do.  Of the four that I've owned thus far, one I couldn't get rid of fast enough (purple box), one was just the standard (found a new home), one the universal and the last the Radiant Waite.  The last two are tolerable, color-wise, but I can't say I get excited to use them.  I've looked and looked some more at all the things available online.  Basically, what I need is all these variations to be laid out side by side.  I'll find that place that does that for me yet but it's a back burner issue for now.

On 9/18/2022 at 10:32 PM, DanielJUK said:

If you like the RWS but want it different, my fave version is the Pamela Coleman RWS by Lo Scarabeo, it has the most beautiful colouring and backgrounds. I think it does it better than the Radiant RWS

here is one of my readings with it.....

2020-12-20 03.03.39-1.jpg

Or the picture is super good, or these cards have to most beautiful coloring that I've seen. May I ask you if the back looks like this (just to make sure I buy the right one):

il_1588xN.3133746764_nznk.jpg

May I ask what is the difference between the 1909 original RWS and this one except the colouring? I think the 1909 original from Lo Scarabeo is based on a Pam B Version, is it the same with this one? 

Not sure exactly what versions you’re asking about, but you could always try and find a walkthrough on YouTube. Pay specific attention to the Lovers card. If Eve looks like she’s had a chin implant, it’s a Pam B 😄

So here is my current stash of decks after only a couple of months of collecting.

I have a couple more I want to get this year, then I think I really need to stop for a while. I'm working my way through the decks using the Deck of the Week thread and really love all the decks I have.

20221014_120318.jpg

On 3/19/2020 at 5:19 AM, ilweran said:

Anyone fancy enabling me on the Forest of Enchantment? I'm so tempted...

Oh, I resisted this one for so long. I told myself it was 'too cute,' that I had plenty of animal/nature decks already. But then I got it... Now every time I use it, it gives me a feeling you get when you've been away from home or a loved one for a period of time and then you see them again. It fills me up and makes me smile. 

AnomalyTempest
9 hours ago, MichaelH said:

So here is my current stash of decks after only a couple of months of collecting.

I have a couple more I want to get this year, then I think I really need to stop for a while. I'm working my way through the decks using the Deck of the Week thread and really love all the decks I have.

20221014_120318.jpg

What a cool collection. I remember thinking that I would have "enough" decks one day. I thought around 30 would be it. I could have a deck for each day of the month. I hit like 33 this past month. Now I need 52. That's one for each week of the year. I can make it a project if I want to decide in advance which decks go with which quarter/season/month/week. I spend a lot of time thinking about that future collection. You can too! We need all the decks! And of course, The different editions. It's for historical purposes. I hope this post will enable us to all embrace the collector inside. 🤣

I made myself a 'buy one sell one' rule which I have broken big time. A rule about not expanding storage has worked better, marginally. 

But hell with it. COLLECT!!!

I mean, funds allowing.

11 hours ago, AnomalyTempest said:

What a cool collection. I remember thinking that I would have "enough" decks one day. I thought around 30 would be it. I could have a deck for each day of the month. I hit like 33 this past month. Now I need 52. That's one for each week of the year. I can make it a project if I want to decide in advance which decks go with which quarter/season/month/week. I spend a lot of time thinking about that future collection. You can too! We need all the decks! And of course, The different editions. It's for historical purposes. I hope this post will enable us to all embrace the collector inside. 🤣

I definitely have the 'collecting' gene and had to stop myself from going into bookshops some years ago as my book collection was expanding. I still have loads of books but have given a lot away in recent years. Thankfully streaming services mean I no longer buy DVDs or CDs so that's something. And I like to read e-books now too so technology has saved me in some ways. 

But there is something magical about tarot decks so I'm watching myself carefully. I did spend a lot of time looking at deck reviews on Aeclectic and deciding which ones I liked from the reviews and sample pictures. I don't want to have more decks than I can use on a regular basis. so will probably restrict myself to Kickstarter decks that really appeal (the two I still want are both on Kickstarter rather than mass-produced decks).

On 9/18/2022 at 10:32 PM, DanielJUK said:

If you like the RWS but want it different, my fave version is the Pamela Coleman RWS by Lo Scarabeo, it has the most beautiful colouring and backgrounds. I think it does it better than the Radiant RWS

here is one of my readings with it.....

2020-12-20 03.03.39-1.jpg

I've got the Pamela Coleman RWS by Lo Scarabeo but I wasn't impressed by it and the background did not have the gradient coloring that the picture shows . Then I ordered the Radiant Wise spirit tarot and THAT  one looked more like the one from the picture above. I am really happy with this one.

That's so weird @rylla and sorry it led to disappointment. Maybe the version has been changed 🤷‍♂️

This is definitely my version with the backgrounds from the reading photo. A tarot friend (Sulis) recommended it to me and she has the same colours as me. How strange.

This was my one...

1539956218_2022-10-2814_17_28.thumb.jpg.3221d56025fe1c3a7e9d303cd73513f7.jpg

626960834_2022-10-2814_15_27.thumb.jpg.d26c01fe7f23d1d7f459a02c27fc475d.jpg

The box white colour is more of a cream colour than shown.

Anyway glad you found the one that works for you now 🙂

2 hours ago, gregory said:

What colour BACKS has yours, DanielJUK ? I have the blue backs and the red/black - and the blue backs have better fronts like.

I have the red / black. I remember discussing this with you either on here or on AT and with Le Fanu. The first edition was wonderful and the second they changed it 😞 .

Anyway I still love this version and maybe one day I will find the original vers. But there does seem to be different colours in different versions 🤷‍♂️

On 10/28/2022 at 8:28 PM, DanielJUK said:

That's so weird @rylla and sorry it led to disappointment. Maybe the version has been changed 🤷‍♂️

This is definitely my version with the backgrounds from the reading photo. A tarot friend (Sulis) recommended it to me and she has the same colours as me. How strange.

This was my one...

1539956218_2022-10-2814_17_28.thumb.jpg.3221d56025fe1c3a7e9d303cd73513f7.jpg

626960834_2022-10-2814_15_27.thumb.jpg.d26c01fe7f23d1d7f459a02c27fc475d.jpg

The box white colour is more of a cream colour than shown.

Anyway glad you found the one that works for you now 🙂

Very weird indeed! My PCS has the same ISBN-10 and -13 (the box looks the same too) but  is written  EX175-MU (!) instead of just EX175 I checked again my deck, the Death card doesn't even have a bluish color background like yours but a creamy one!!! 

My back is red-green.

Ah, the MPN's, manufacturer part number, are slightly off. If they were made in different places that could explain the discrepancy.

edit:

the model number = EX175 and EX175MU

edit2:

MPN's are used to identify unique products, so we can probably safely infer that these decks are indeed different on purpose. They are both EX175, but one is a different kind.

Happy enabling! Now you need to buy one of each LOL

Edited by peacewing

The one with the blue backs, supplied and printed by AGM,  was not - when it came out - sold in the US, as Kaplan pulled copyright superiority. It showed up on the AGM website for exactly THREE DAYS... Then it was pulled everywhere as a stand-alone deck. It was still available all over if you were cunning enough to buy the ITALIAN set with the big book in Italian. I have both and the one with red/black  backs has significantly inferior card faces; I have always assumed from a different Pam version, but I have never had the energy to try and work it out. The muddier version has titles only in English.

RWSLS.thumb.jpg.7ab8bb43d6a7921b9ba435772aded670.jpgimage.thumb.jpeg.2907a5463b2b5b244b126baef33ddedc.jpeg

Edited by gregory

I have a couple of PCS reworks and the one I like the most so far is Jamie Sawyer's: https://jamiesawyer336.com/products/1909rwssawyersredux

For a less busy version, there's the Lustros Tarot, which I also have: https://dabrigh.com/products/lustrous-tarot Not sure I'm keeping that one, though. I find the flatter, less '3D' version of the art more appealing. It's still PCS's underlying art so it doesn't read differently, but I prefer Sawyer's use of 2D textures and backgrounds.